(BOOK SPOILERS.) Episode Endings for season 3

protar

Yeah, I think the UnCat reveal can wait. Don't show it too quickly. Yes, you can show people pulling her dead body from the river in the episode (or two) after RW. (which *will be* in S3, no doubt) But make it look like she is too far gone to be brought back.... Then later in S4, the shock reveal. She was reanimated after all.

The reality is that you simply can’t make actors wait around under contract but not working for a year or two.

I can’t believe how unrealistically naïve people are about the exigencies of contractual obligations, and finances. That just isn’t how it works.

The reality is that you simply can’t make actors wait around under contract but not working for a year or two.

I can’t believe how unrealistically naïve people are about the exigencies of contractual obligations, and finances. That just isn’t how it works.

I understand contracts thank you very much but series do frequently bring back characters after say a season of absence. And unless the story is drastically changed, Michelle Fairley would be in for some stretches of waiting around no matter when she's ressurected, as we've currently only seen Uncat twice over the space of three books that are all pretty close to a thousand pages. Or perhaps you'd prefer D+D to insert half a dozen scenes of Uncat brooding in the hollow hill, involving Tom o' Sevens and Lem lemoncloak telling pointless anecdotes about their past. Because for me those "insert scenes with faux-meaningfull background stuff to give characters more screen time" scenes are dependably the worst in the series.

Oh boy, again someone is spouting off calling other people "naïve" about the way TV works while revealing that he understands very little of it.

As pointed out by protar, UnCat has appeared in two scenes in the entire series so far. So of course the actress can and should get other work! She would no longer be a main cast member of the series, and she would return in a "special guest star" capacity. What is so hard to understand about this? It happens on shows all the time.

• 4 months later...

Just flicking through A Storm of Swords now, and I'll try to give a list of episode beginnings as well.

EP1: Start: Battle at the Fist of the First men, Sam and survivors escaping.

End: Davos getting arrested.

EP2: Start: Sansa meeting with the QoT.

End: Jon and Mance surveying the aftermath of the Fist of the First Men.

EP3: Start: Tywin tells Tyrion that he is to marry Sansa.

End: Jaime and Brienne fight, get captured, and Jaime loses his hand.

EP4: Start: Jamie saves Brienne from being raped.

End: Beric vs Sandor, and the resurrection.

EP5: Start: Robb beheads Karstark, his bannermen leave.

End: Dany tricks the Astapor slavers.

EP6: Start: Theon gets handed over to Ramsay, and they head to the Dreadfort.

End: Stannis burns the leaches.

EP7: Start: Robb makes Jon his heir on the way to the Twins.

End: Mutiny at Craster's.

EP8: Start: Sansa marries Tyrion.

End: Arya gets captured by Sandor.

EP9: Start: Jon gets over The Wall with the Magnar's team.

End: The Red Wedding feast massacre.

EP10: Start: Stark soldiers killed outside the Twins, Arya and Sandor escape.

End: Mother! Mother! Mother! / Jon escapes back to The Wall / Bran and co. reach The Wall with Sam, Gilly and Coldhands / Tyrion sees Sansa crying for her family / Stannis, Davos and co. set sail for The Wall.

Archived