Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

3 posts in a row.....apologies, but Sir Loras just said that Margery was a "virgin officially," implying she may not be (bro sis incest with her bisexual brother?). It could also just be a line included for viewers since the actress playing her is in her early twenties.

However, I don't think that bodes well for her and her impending trial with the Faith, presumably at the beginning of Winds of Winter. I do believe that her trial will not go the way we are supposed to expect it will, and her execution will set off a firestorm of violence from the Tyrells (finally).

So LF is sent to Renly to negotiate with Catelyn apparently (based on Tyrion's comments and the pictures we've already seen showing them together)? Not sure if that works logistically, but could be pretty interesting.

I really liked tonight's episode, I wish the battle between Lorch and the Night's Watch had been a little less low-key since it's one of my favorite scenes in the book (and Yoren one of my favorite characters), but I think it was handled pretty well. Unsurprisingly, they're cutting some of the unnecessary Arya bits between that battle and Harrenhal, presumably they'll have Gregor and his gang torture some people there for Arya's prayer to come to be.

Wow they really condensed a lot into one episode. Loved every minute of it, though. I also wish the battle with Yoren and Ser Amory's men had been more like the scene in the book, but oh well. Myabe we'll get lucky and some other scene will have Maisie screaming "WINTERFELL!" LOL

Overall I thought this was a great episode. Waiting for next Sunday is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I have to say that the budget restraints sometimes bother me. I liked the scene between Yoren and Arya but I woiuld have liked that they showed that the men fought the Lannisters plus Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie kind of shine in that moment. The Craster scene was kind of strange. I was surprised that Mormont was so accepting of the fact that Craster gives his sons to the others.

Maisie was great in this episode. Sophia did a pretty good job...I liked the Renly stuff though I'm a little questioning about Margarey. Idk there was a lot of Tyrion in this episode I could do with less. However the guy who plays Varys nails it everytime he's on screen. Shae is a waste. I loved the Bran scenes.

Great episode, I liked it a lot more than last week. I was kinda hoping this would be the episode Dany met with the envoys from Qarth, but there really wouldn't have been enough screen time for that.

I'm really liking the Greyjoys; far more than I ever liked Theon's chapters (pre-adwd) which I always considered a drag.

Excellent episode and my favorite of the season so far. Yoren really stole the show with his bravery though I was disappointed they didn't let Arya and the recruits work out there exploration bit, Other than that the bit between Renly and Margaery in his chambers was perfect as was Theon's explosive anger at Balon. I will say though the Shae and Sansa bit threw me off as is Littlefinger going to do the negotiations. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out over the next few episodes.

There were two very strong parts of this episode, the entire Renly section starting with Brienne dominating Loras and ending with them effectively showing why they aged up Margaery and that is to make her a plotting BAMF. And then Tyrion's three-fold scene with Pycelle, Varys and Littlefinger was executed so greatly.

Alas poor Yoren, we loved you well!!!

Even with the few changes from the book, the episode was great. Although, why didn't they introduce Damphair as his Uncle? Is it not supposed to be Damphair?

Other than that, I thought it was well done.

Edited by Dornish Hen