How would you rate episode 203?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

My favorite of the season, by far.

Loved Theon, Tyrion, Marg/Renly/Loras.

I actually liked Asha/Yara last episode, but wasn't as crazy about this one. Reserving judgement.

I think they're doing a great job with the wolf dreams. It could look silly or cheesy if done the wrong way, but they pull it off just right.

Would like to give it a 9. but will stay at 8. Feeling the momentum starting to pick up. My only real gripe is with how this show portrays Shae.. but really only a little nitpick. Whore with a pointless attitude.

I think Shae's portrayal is spot on. Exactly how I imagined her.

Too bad Tyrion didn't choke then and get it over with

. So annoying... :devil:

ETA...had to add spoiler tags.

Edited by Ororo727 Jon Snow Fangirl

8. It was a much better episode than the other two but it still a bit more "informative" then anything.

What i loved about this episode is that even if it makes some big changes from the book, e.g Arya, it does not annoy me like the small changes in episodes 1-2 because it makes sense. And thats what balance i think that should be kept between show and books changes are fine but no mater how big or small they have to make fucking sense.

Also if i had to nitpick "Loras" should have learned to pronounce his own last name properly.

Edited by _Oberyn_

I liked the first 2 episodes, but I LOVED this one. Added scenes all felt in character (Sansa came off as spoiled and arrogant having grown up and wanting nothing, but on realizing Shae is in a similar situation she warmed up to her, and Tommen is the weak little boy who doesn't want to hurt even his worst enemies, Jaqen says "a boy should help open the cage", and "a man can fight"). the scenes all served a purpose (for those complaining about Renly/Loras the scene did show how Brienne will be viewed as a member of the Rainbow Guard, and showed that the public knows about their love and scoffs at Renly as being weak for it). Littlefinger finally showed up as he is in the books (that look when promised Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Trident spoke volumes on part of his character) and not as the weak, pointless, and stupid character he has been so far this season. And they managed to end the tailing Gendry then suddenly he is forgotten/what to do with Arya's pointless wandering issues that would inevitably come up in great form (condensing the wandering around the lake doesn't bother me at all). Yoren and Arya was great and foreshadowed where Arya is headed as a dark path with no happy ending greatly. The small council deception from Tyrion, the reaction from Cersei, Brienne in general, and the arrest of Pycelle all matched my imagination perfectly. This episode has been the best this season, and in at least the top 3 of the series, I personally thought it was flawless.

10/10 From me

I thought this episode was fantastic! def the best of the season so far.

The tyrion scenes were superb, I loved the switch from pycelle, to varys to littlefinger.

Brilliant acting all around, Natalie Dormer is fantastic and they confirm or at least hint at some mysteries from the book in the show's Loras, Margery, Renly dynamic.

The Arya scene was the show stealer as always. Joren was brilliant and its a shame he had to go.

My one complaint: Did they recast Shagga son of Dolph? :(

I agree that it was the best episode so far this season, still not great but an improvement. I'll give it a 6.

Looks like they cast a good actress for Brienne. small nitpick but I always pictured her having long hair, not short. Maybe she had short hair in the book and I missed that.

Actor playing Theon is doing a good job, same for Sansa.

Shae and Asha = bad.

It was cool to see a lot of people in a scene for once (the Brienne intro).

I gave this episode a big 10 way up there. I felt ALL scenes were relevant and well done, no wasted bits at all.

I especially loved Tyrion's 'test' with Pycelle, Varys and Littlefinger - so well done!

A lot of people aren't liking the change of Shae becoming Sansa's handmaid, but I actually like it. They have to cut characters where they can, and cutting Lolly out now is probably just as well, her purpose was pretty limited and pathetic as semi-retarded and getting raped / pregnant and all that. They'll find a different way for Bronn to get his lordship and I'm ok with that somewhat wide deviation from the plot.

I liked "Yara" better this week. She still acts too sullen and broody for my tastes, but if she's supposed to act and look like Balon's son/daughter well she's got that part down.

Again, I feel really sorry for Theon. He's making a difficult choice and we all know where that leads him.

The Yoren, Gendry, Arya scene was again - very well done and so intense this time.

I also was ok with the Loras / Renly scene and felt it was important as a lead in to why Renly won't do the deed with Margaery. I like that they added her willingness to 'help' her King consummate the marriage, with or without her Brother's help, haha!

Best episode of the season (gave it a ten). May actually be one of my favorites overall. The Yoren and Arya scene at the end was amazing (Maisie Williams is absolutely brilliant as was Francis Magee). That would've been worth it alone. Oh, and crossbows? It takes more than arrows to stop Yoren! He'll be missed. :*(

Edited by ManyFacedOne

Excellent episode. See, the first two were worth the pacing to get to this one. Tyrion is in full pimp mode. I think the scene with Cersei were really good. Lena Headley is humanizing her more than she is in the books although I expect and want full crazy once we get to season 3 and beyond until it gets reined in again. The scenes at Pyke were awesome. I love the symbolizm with Theon shot completely in the dark except for a candle. I think Sophie Turner should get more kudos for playing Sansa. Her performance is understated so it really makes Sanda a more sympathetic character. Brienne was spot on. I love the added scenes with Loras, Renly, and Margarey. Loras and Margarey are trying to get it through Renly's head he needs to take stuff more seriously.

I loved the premier, the second episode a bit less and this episode just wasn't doing it for me. But last season the first half dragged while the last half was almost all pay off. And next week is shadow baby time. Cannot. Wait.

Jon and Bran - snoozefest.

Shae - hated it.

I've wanted to like Yara, especially since people were ragging on her for not being hot enough after seing a single screencap of her. This actress does not have the charisma necessary to play the character. Asha was no great beauty, but she had a magnetism. Yara is just playing Balon's mini-me. Balon, however, is excellent. And Theon's speech to him about letting him just be taken was truly excellent.

The thing I am enjoying most about the show right now is all the subtlety and nuance Lena Headey is bringing to Cersei. Her anger towards Tyrion over Mrycella was my favorite part of the episode.

The Arya/Yoren scene was electric. I'm sort of mixed on them making him the origin of the "people I want to see dead" prayer, but I understand it was a necessity. Same with Jaqen's rescue being anti-climatic.

A lot of people aren't liking the change of Shae becoming Sansa's handmaid, but I actually like it. They have to cut characters where they can, and cutting Lolly out now is probably just as well, her purpose was pretty limited and pathetic as semi-retarded and getting raped / pregnant and all that. They'll find a different way for Bronn to get his lordship and I'm ok with that somewhat wide deviation from the plot.

Either a lot of people are forgetting or I'm crazy, but...

doesn't she become Sansa's handmaid anyway?

Of course, that's later in the books, but -- to me -- it's only a small deviation/advancement of the story, not a wide one.

Edited by J.S. Crews

Very good episode, I gave it an 8 only because I need room on the scale for even better ones.

The Renly-Loras-Margaery thing is being played very well, all things considered.

Tyrion's scenes were suitably brilliant.

Theon and Balon's interactions are improvements on the book version, IMO. Both actors are playing the hell out of their roles and the visuals are fantastic, though I'm not a fan of Yara/Asha.

The last scene made it, for me. Amory Lorch and crew were pitch perfect. I can't wait to see Harrenhall.

Given how amazing the casting has been so far, I'm really anticipating Roose Bolton and his interactions with Arya.