[Book Spoilers]Best scene of all time?

• 2 weeks later...

So we know that Theon's killing of "Bran and Rickon" takes place in this episode. What I'm hoping happens is that the hunt for Bran and Rickon takes place early in the episode, and that Cat gets the raven letting her know that Bran and Rickon have been "killed". I really think that it is important that it remains her motivation. Releasing Jamie against Robb's orders is treason. The only thing that mitigates it is that she just found out about Bran and Rickon (not just in Robb's eyes, but in the audience's as well).

Messing with this motivation for such a monumental act, would drastically change her character for the worse. Can you ever imagine her releasing Jamie, against Robb's orders, under anything other than such extreme circumstances?

So we know that Theon's killing of "Bran and Rickon" takes place in this episode. What I'm hoping happens is that the hunt for Bran and Rickon takes place early in the episode, and that Cat gets the raven letting her know that Bran and Rickon have been "killed". I really think that it is important that it remains her motivation. Releasing Jamie against Robb's orders is treason. The only thing that mitigates it is that she just found out about Bran and Rickon (not just in Robb's eyes, but in the audience's as well).

Messing with this motivation for such a monumental act, would drastically change her character for the worse. Can you ever imagine her releasing Jamie, against Robb's orders, under anything other than such extreme circumstances?

I agree, the timing is important.

Either the escape attempt or it will be some action scene with Brienne.

why would he call an action scene the best scene of his career?

it can really only be one thing and that's his conversation with cat.

a flashback to him stopping the mad king from burning down king's landing is a distant possibility, but i think if they were going to show this they would have set it up with a flashback of ned finding him on the iron throne, dead aeris lying at his feet.

i always thought they should have multiple flash backs along jamies road to redempttion, eg. Aerys killing Neds dad and brother, abusing his wife, exiling Jon Connington, and ending with him killing Aerys. ithink the watching and waiting aspect would be pretty sick, and it would explain his motives.

Do you know that for sure?

Nay. I simply deduced it, with my mind, and my thoughts.

Here is the episode summary:

Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

It's important enough to be mentioned in the summary so I doubt it's just Alton Lannister. So it's someone else. Who else could it be? Jeyne is the only answer that makes sense.

Jeyne lives in Lannisport and is a Lannister nurse. We know she has been cast as "Jeyne", therefore we know that she lied about her name to Robb. Why? Because she has something to hide.

In the novels, the Westerlings are bannermen of House Lannister and there are some very subtle hints that the whole Jeyne/Robb love affair may have been concocted by Sybell Spicer and Tywin Lannister to turn the Freys against the Starks. Making her a Lannister bastard in the show simplifies this.

Maybe Jaime persuades her to seduce Robb, but somewhere along the way she falls in love with him? Nice and simple plot to follow and will cause some lovely drama. Also, the Red Wedding will likely end season 3. Jeyne has been introduced very early. Why, if all they're going to do is have her hook up with Robb and then do very little for 10+ episodes? The Lannister bastard plotline complicates things and gives Robb Stark stuff to do before he dies.

Since when is one’s first cousin considered a distant relative?

haha, I guess if you're a Lannister, it applies!

As to NCW's best scene of his career, I don't think it'll really have anything to do with what we think is his best or most important scene, but what he considers his best acting performance, could be in any random scene whatever. I believe he was simply talking about his craft, not the significance of the scene.

I really hope the show does flashbacks at some point. The history and intrigue of the past is such a big part in the novels, and that hasn't really come across onscreen so far, and flashbacks would be a great way to flesh out some amazing stories. Particularly Jamie and the Mad King would be truly great.

As far as this episode, I am guessing it is going to be a Jaime focused episode (which is awesome!) and it will include his escape attempt, and a great conversation with Brienne and Cat. I still think his "relative" is Alton Lannister.

Since when is one’s first cousin considered a distant relative?

"Distant" because she's from Volantis. Or simply because Jaime doesn't know her. Or she may not be his first cousin but is related in some way.

Mayhaps you have a better suggestion?

Archived