[Book Spoilers]Best scene of all time?

I first saw the picture about a year ago. It is definitely not from anything shot for season 2. I mean, I guess they could use the scene in season 2. Maybe they decided to cut it from season 1 and move it to season 2 or season 3.

http://media.tumblr....6s6d1qci6yk.jpg - for those asking for a link,

Mother of dragons, if they show that scene in the House of the Undying I will be a very. very happy chappy. Will also help build a bit of sympathy for Jaime going into season 3 when he magically becomes everybody's favourite character.

Mother of dragons, if they show that scene in the House of the Undying I will be a very. very happy chappy. Will also help build a bit of sympathy for Jaime going into season 3 when he magically becomes everybody's favourite character.

Refresh me, how will the HOTU help build sympathy for Jaime?

I had no idea they had filmed the Mad King flashback. The reason they didn't include it in the season 1 extras on DVD was probably because they plan to include it later, possibly in this next episode.

The Sopranos did something similar, with the scene of Chris telling Tony that Adrianna was an FBI informant, which was omitted from the actual episode but included in a flashback one or two seasons later.

It's his monologue to Catelyn about killing Aerys and the meaning of honor I’ve never lain with any woman but Cersei. In my own way, I have been truer than your Ned ever was. Poor old dead Ned. So who has shit for honor now, I ask you?”

This scene is most likely the dialogue with Cat...

I agree with this. I couldn't always understand what was said in the interview, but he commented that being a prisoner all he had was his words and he liked that (not having any props or even body language and having to convey everything with just his voice is how I took it). If that is correct, then his scene with Cat would certainly qualify. He's a prisoner, just not broken, still arogant and difiant and strong willed

It's his monologue to Catelyn about killing Aerys and the meaning of honor I’ve never lain with any woman but Cersei. In my own way, I have been truer than your Ned ever was. Poor old dead Ned. So who has shit for honor now, I ask you?”

Has to be this scene. Even from the title, you woud think this scene defines the whole episode and will have a long one shot monologue from Jamie.

Haha, I actually always hated that GRRM seemed to be trying to turn Jaime into a grey hero. I honestly still dislike him and wouldn't mind at all if Brienne was leading him to his doom at the end of ADWD. Though I very series doubt that he will meet his doom at all.

The show creators said somewhere they are not going to show anty flashbacks. Pity.

Noooooooo! How can this be?? :bawl: :crying:

Seriously though, the back story to ASoIaF is just as interesting as the main storyline, if not moreso....

Archived