[Book Spoilers]Best scene of all time?

I completely agree with the surprise above of the person who said: this show had made it so well in so many ways up until now that it is so sad that they started botching things.

The worst thing is that Jaime becomes a Kingslayer in a move that needs the stupidity of the Karstark son to work. Why didn't he call a voice before entering the tiger's cage? Because the books said that he had to die. Why did he had the keys on Jaime's chain on his body, too?

Why making Jaime a kinslayer? No, I do not buy the kins-farther-than-it-would-be-convenient-for-me-don't-count theory.

Because they are thinking at his arc as a wrestling "turn face" of a "heel". They are not thinking at it as the coherent evolution of an all around character on which we knew too little when we judged him for the first time. This is very sad, as it is gross writing, as gross as giving to the supposed most dangerous knight in the world an escape plan based on kinslaying in the hope the guards will enter his cage with the chains instead of giving the alarm. Why on the earth did Alton have Jaime's chains key on his body?

The bad writing of the escape attempt can be survived: a bad scene in a good series can happen. I'm not against any changes for the TV version: some one was brilliant, like the Roberts added scenes in King's Landing. The TV show helped me understand a couple of things on Cersei I wasn't so sure off before.

But this kinslayer bodysnatcher that substituted Jaime Lannister in the series makes it "jump the shark" to me. It will have much more very good things, but it definitely stripped from me the idea that they were doing an almost perfect job. This made me doubt that the series writer are thinking at the characters as all around persons and not as etiquettes: physically violent villain, childish delusional sadical, witty sincere dwarf.

<snip>

It is concerning, I agree. The Jaime change was just too much for me...

Archived