Question: What is our name as a fanbase?

ServantOnIce

I've never heard it that way. Either from "fans" or "people of Star Trek" I have always heard them referred to as Trekkies.

I think Trekkies refers to people who were fans from the very beginning while Trekkers joined up later?

I like Martinis or Martinets, but I have not read his other works. I bought my daughter the Ice Dragon before I even heard of these ASOIAF, but never read it myself. She said it was sad. Makes sense now. It contains both beauty and tragedy, as one reviewer put it; plus winter!

I've never been a fan of science fiction either (except Dune), so I haven't read GRRM's other stuff.

we also was the BwB.....techinally I believe all followers of Song of Ice and Fire and the tv show game of Thrones should be a part of the Brotherhood without Banners...

Not to rain on this parade or anything, but the organised part if the fandom has been known as the Brotherhood without Banners for almost ten years.

I suppose you could call the online fandom something else, but at Cons, Rl meetups and stuff, we are the BWB. :)

That's also why there is a "Brotherhood without Banners" section on this very forum: it deals with fandom stuff. Have a look and check if something is going on in your area.

Link here to the Brotherhood without Banners info.

thats once on every page!!!

Maybe we're the brotherhood without banners

LOL. They are actually called "Twihards", I think.

At first I thought you wrote "twinhards". And I asked myself, wait, when did Jaime and Cersei move into another book?

"Fangaryens"

Shouldn't we be Players?

I like those two.

But I guess the BWB is the best.

Not to rain on this parade or anything, but the organised part if the fandom has been known as the Brotherhood without Banners for almost ten years.

I suppose you could call the online fandom something else, but at Cons, Rl meetups and stuff, we are the BWB. :)

That's also why there is a "Brotherhood without Banners" section on this very forum: it deals with fandom stuff. Have a look and check if something is going on in your area.

Link here to the Brotherhood without Banners info.

I believe it has been more than 10 years at this point, Lyanna. First official meetup was at PhilCon in 2001, and the name was coined shortly afterwards. :)

Those of you who are curious about the organized fandom, come meet us in Chicago this year. Should be a good time. Details are in the linked subforum under ChiCon or Chicago WorldCon. If you decide to come, please post in this thread so we can get an accurate headcount. If you can't make Chicago this year, there's San Antonio next year, followed by what will likely be London (but that will be decided at this WC).

I should add that Yagathai (a member of the BwB since the beginning and a Knight of the Cheesesteak) has been calling fans of the TV show "Thronies" for awhile. I don't have a problem with that, because the TV fans and the book fans are distinct groups, and the TV series has "Throne" in the title, unlike the book series. The BwB is primarily a fangroup for those who have already read the books (or are interested in reading the books -- almost everyone in the book forums), and who want to drink bizarre delicious cocktails with GRRM and Parris at parties.

I should add that Yagathai (a member of the BwB since the beginning and a Knight of the Cheesesteak) has been calling fans of the TV show "Thronies" for awhile. I don't have a problem with that, because the TV fans and the book fans are distinct groups, and the TV series has "Throne" in the title, unlike the book series. The BwB is primarily a fangroup for those who have already read the books (or are interested in reading the books -- almost everyone in the book forums), and who want to drink bizarre delicious cocktails with GRRM and Parris at parties.

That's kind of broad, X.

The LOTR/HOBBIT are "Ring Heads"

The Harry Potter folks are "Hogwartians."

Star Trek fans are "Trekkors"

Star Wars fans are "Force Freaks"

What do you call a fan of Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire? Thronies? Martinites? What is our name?

I've been a fan of all of those series for a while and have never heard any of these names. Especially Force Freaks, I have never known a Star Wars fan who called themselves that.

I don't want to be part of the Brotherhood without Banners ! Those thieves robbed my poor Hound of his gold and burned his arm :(

That is no fit name for a Sandor fan !

Archived