Question: What is our name as a fanbase?

ServantOnIce

But I don't want to be Tormund's member.

It was bitten in half by a bear and lived! It's immortal and unfathomable! There are days I wonder if we are all just a figment of Tormund's member's imagination!

Nothing will stop us from creating theories with no basis yet they still appear. Long after this series is over people will debate it and half of it still won't make sense. We regularly question our sanity for waiting so damn long for these books. And I believe that perfectly portrays the insanity that is our fan base.

"Brotherhood without Banners" is the kind of name that we would like to be called but "Thronies" is the name that everyone else will probably call us lol.

Kinda like how Trekkies prefer to be called Trekkors yet everyone still just calls them Trekkies.

I'm also gonna upvote BWB.

BWB is the best name out there, and I speak as someone who is a relatively new fan who hasn't been to any convention and isn't part of the actual group.

Thronies isn't too badbut, to seperate the book people from the show people (derived from an above poaster that I can't find), the

songborn?

Ser RoddyRuinuous, on 28 Aug 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

Nah, have to be more badass for Stan the Man. Suggestions appreciated. Mine:

The Flamestags

The Firehearts

The Burning Storm

Hart is an archaic word for stag, so why not the Fireharts instead of Firehearts and get the best of both names?

I gotta update! Other factions deserve mention, for those of you who are demented enough.

The Free Folk (wildlings) ok, not that demented.

The Cheesemongers (Pentoshi)

The Silver-haired Bedlslaves (Lys, but why?)

The Faceless (wo)Men (Braavos)

The Black Goats (Qohor, but why?)'

Volaggo's Whores (Volanits)

The Hairy Men (Ibb)

The Good Masters

The Kind Masters

The Great Masters

The Pureborn

The Red Shadows (Asshai)

Personally, I am of the Blackfish. House Dustin throws down for Tully on this one. Freys beware!

Archived