So, how do you think Jamie will kill Cersei?

Lucreel

The Valonqar is Arya Stark, aka Little Sis. Maester Aemon explains that Prince Who Was Promised should be read as gender neutral like all High Valyrian. So, Little Brother really means Little Sibling or Little Sis as Jon calls her. She already works with the strangler to kill.

Prophecies are not literal.

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of the fourth book i actually had a theory, where Jaime would start hating Cersei so badly he would request to fight against her fighter at her trial. Then he would defeat Qyburns monster in an epic duel and Cersei would be executed.

But now in the fifth book, Jaime runs off with Briene and it is said that only a few days remain before her trial, so this theory isnt very likely anymore.

Now i dont know what to think, I just hope Jaime will live through the end.

At the end of the fourth book i actually had a theory, where Jaime would start hating Cersei so badly he would request to fight against her fighter at her trial. Then he would defeat Qyburns monster in an epic duel and Cersei would be executed.

But now in the fifth book, Jaime runs off with Briene and it is said that only a few days remain before her trial, so this theory isnt very likely anymore.

Now i dont know what to think, I just hope Jaime will live through the end.

I liked your theory very much, but Martin tends to avoid repeating results. After a trial by battle lost for Tyrion, Martin will probably ensure that the next battle is won by Cersei's undead Mountain. Would also love if Jaime survived the book, but all points to him dying without ever clearing his name to anyone, except Brienne.

You know, Maggie the Frog didn't have to use Valyrian. She could of just said "little brother," or "a little brother." But she used a foreign word to describe Cersei's killer. So, I don't think she's going to be killed by a "brother" per se, but rather someone who has the titled "valonqar." Or, it turns out "Valonqar" is a name of a ship, which is how the cliche usually plays out.

So, we know that Jamie is (very probably) going to kill Cersei. Any thoughts on how/why?

You might wonder why I have such assurance that Jamie's going to kill her - well, it's the prophecy that Cersei has been obsessing over. The reason she hates and distrusts Tyrion, of course - the prophecy that she would be killed by her little brother. Since, in literature, it's a cliche that the characters ALWAYS misinterpret the prophecy, we can safely assume that Tyrion is NOT the little brother, but in fact Jamie is (it has been stated on several occasions in the books that Cersei was born a few minutes before Jamie; it even plays a role in her view that she should be the rightful heir to Casterly Rock).

As soon as we learned the meaning of the word in the prophecy (I don't remember if it was in Feast for Crows or Dance With Dragons where GRRM finally revealed the meaning of the word, was it, Dondarrion, or something like that, and meant little brother), it became clear that the prophecy was most likely about Jamie (at least, to me).

I can definitely see that a rift is growing between Jamie and Cersei, but it'll be interesting to see under what circumstances he actually kills her.

In Feast, Jaime wonders how Tommen would react to twincest knowledge. He admits to himself that it would mean the IT if known. Payne also suggests he kill Cersei. He says he couldn't do that to Tommen because of his previous losses.

In her utter madness Cersei decides Tommen must not be removed her (Jaime and Kevan see the boy needs this). Her plans to attempt to end Tommen are thwarted by The Lord Commander. Tripe spews about Lannister debts, Pappa lie-on (the grave is solemn), conspirators, etc.

The golden hand then crushes her wind-pipe. Valonquar may rest.

A Red dragon roosts. Margery is waiting in the wings so that Maggy may rest.

Jaime already killed her by not answering that letter when he was in the Riverlands. He'll kill her by not saving her when he is most needed. Now she's got no good counsel, she sees Tyrion in every shadow coming to kill Tommen and herself, she is actively spurning the Tyrells. Jaime has killed her by disentangling himself from her. Whoever actually does the deed is not really relevant, although I hope that it's Arya because she's been praying for it for a long time. Also, some Stark somewhere has to be responsible for the death of at least one Lannister somewhere, amiright?

• 9 months later...

I've been thinking that Tyrion is going to kill Cersei. I can't imagine Jamie ever killing her, even though he is begining to see that she has always taken advantage of him. I have been thinking that Brienne is going to end up with him.

Brienne is going to end up pretty dead, and close to the beginning of the WoW too. It's going to be Cersei who sends men after them and instructs them to kill Brienne. Jaime will survive the battle, but Brienne will be killed.

Problem with that is the Maegi prophecy made to Cersei implies that Tommen and Myrcella will both die (because they have gold shrouds) before the valonqar chokes her to death.

The prophecy states: "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds...And when your tears have drowned you the valonqar shall wrap his hands around your pale white thoart and choke the life from you."

Judging from the Episode "Blackwater", I really think that will be exactly Tommen's death. Aegon will be besieging King's Landing, Cersei poisons Tommen, and then Jaime walks into the throne room to see a dead Tommen at Cersei's feet. That will be the final straw for him killing her.

I can't think of any circumstances in which he returns to KL. As of ADwD, he has a very small army (c.1000), even assuming he survives the likely meeting with Lady Stoneheart, and doesn't seem eager to ride to KL to Cersei's defence anyway.

There are more ways for Jamie to kill Cersei as Valonqar than face to face.

Pretty simple: to save Tommen from Cersei. It is the best way for him to return to King's landing and provides the best and final motive for Jaime to kill Cersei, once Cersei poisons Tommen. GRRM wrote that episode, and if bet serious cash that on the next siege of King's Landing, Cersei goes through with poisoning her son.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't read all of the posts so someone may have my same idea but: Though it is not probable I think Jamie will renew his original vows by fighting for Daenarys. I think that he will somehow make it through the Lady Stoneheart trouble and be wherever Dany is when she lands in the 7 kingdoms. He will have to face Tyrion and somehow I believe a lot of truths will come out. I believe that Tyrion will have helped Dany see the truth about her father and that will be why she forgives Jamie for what he did. (Since he did basically save thousands of people from burning to death by killing her father) But, as this plays out, Jamie will then have to face Cersie; who of course wants the throne for herself and kids. I think that he will kill her in an attempt to save many people (or just one of the Stark girls, as that would also fulfill his promises to Cat). I think that he will die somehow at the same time.

Or he will kill Brienne of Tarth and somehow become the Prince that was promised and the sword that Brienne has (part of Neds LongClaw) will become lightbringer and everyones mind will be blown... (I don't actually believe this, but sure would put a wrench in everyone's theories)

Didn't read all of the posts so someone may have my same idea but: Though it is not probable I think Jamie will renew his original vows by fighting for Daenarys. I think that he will somehow make it through the Lady Stoneheart trouble and be wherever Dany is when she lands in the 7 kingdoms. He will have to face Tyrion and somehow I believe a lot of truths will come out. I believe that Tyrion will have helped Dany see the truth about her father and that will be why she forgives Jamie for what he did. (Since he did basically save thousands of people from burning to death by killing her father) But, as this plays out, Jamie will then have to face Cersie; who of course wants the throne for herself and kids. I think that he will kill her in an attempt to save many people (or just one of the Stark girls, as that would also fulfill his promises to Cat). I think that he will die somehow at the same time.

If he follows a Targaryen, that's Aegon, specially if he believes he's Rhaegar's son. Jaime feels he failed Rhaegar by letting his kids die.

• 1 month later...

Archived