Jon Snow is Aegon Targaryan?

Rayhar

No. Jon is close to two years younger than Aegon and arrived at Winterfell just a few months after birth. The difference in age between them would be obvious. And Aegon has the typical Targaryen hair when Jon is brown.

And no, not all Targaryens are blonde. Rhaenys for example inherited the dark, dornish colouring from her mother.

And no, not all Targaryens are blonde. Rhaenys for example inherited the dark, dornish colouring from her mother.

After the Tower of Joy Ned went to Starfall to return Dawn to the Dayne's, but I believe there was a second motive. Ned and Jon must have been at Starfall for sometime for it to be common knowledge that Jon's wetnurse was Wylla, I rekon Ned hanged around Starfall long enough to see whether Jon had the Stark look or the Targaryan look. If the baby had platinum blonde hair he probably would be raised a Dayne bastard, which no one would have been the wiser as they have similar traits to the Targaryan's.

After the Tower of Joy Ned went to Starfall to return Dawn to the Dayne's, but I believe there was a second motive. Ned and Jon must have been at Starfall for sometime for it to be common knowledge that Jon's wetnurse was Wylla, I rekon Ned hanged around Starfall long enough to see whether Jon had the Stark look or the Targaryan look. If the baby had platinum blonde hair he probably would be raised a Dayne bastard, which no one would have been the wiser as they have similar traits to the Targaryan's.

I think Ned wanted Ashara to pretend to be his mother.

• 4 months later...

it may be possible. but some other way. i think when rhaegar targaryen got news that his son aegon murdered during the sack of kingslanding he named his other child from lyanna as aegon. or may be his mother named him as aegon when rhaegar was away to fight. coz rheagar might had shared his prophecy with her that only aegon will retake the seven kingdoms. and only ned stark changed his name to jon coz he didnt want robert to know coz aegon was targaryens name.

it may be possible. but some other way. i think when rhaegar targaryen got news that his son aegon murdered during the sack of kingslanding he named his other child from lyanna as aegon. or may be his mother named him as aegon when rhaegar was away to fight. coz rheagar might had shared his prophecy with her that only aegon will retake the seven kingdoms. and only ned stark changed his name to jon coz he didnt want robert to know coz aegon was targaryens name.

Rhaegar was dead before the sack of King's Landing.

besides, if he wanted to protect a targaryan, he could had hidden him, without raise him as his bastard. Or he could send him to Dorme or with Viserys and Danny.

And, in the show he said to Jon. you don't have my name, but you have my blood. I don't think that GRRM would had let the producers write that if Jon is Aegon

And, in the show he said to Jon. you don't have my name, but you have my blood. I don't think that GRRM would had let the producers write that if Jon is Aegon
Meh, Ned says this in the books already, though not to Jon, so no need to call upon the TV show.

do you think jon is his real name given by lyanna .?? or ned stark gave him ?? may be later we will surprise that he was jonaerys targaryen............heheh....kiddin lol...

I think either Ned chose the name "Jon" or Lyanna chose it after Ned had arrived at the ToJ (i.e. more or less directly before her death):

Jon sounds like exactly the name Ned would choose, after Jon Arryn.

There is little reason to think Rhaegar would use it (maybe after Jon Con? But it seems that at that time they weren't so close anymore), especially as it's so clearly not a Valyrian name.

And while Lyanna could have had fallen in love with the name Jon, it still would be a coincidence that she would choose Jon Arryn's name - unless she was already thinking of camouflaging Jon as Ned's bastard. But that was only an option for her after it was Ned who arrived and won the day at the ToJ.

That doesn't mean that Lyanna or by proxy even Rhaegar hasn't chosen another name for him before that, a name that Ned did not want / dare to use (hehe, "Jonaerys", I like the sound of that :cool4:). But we know that Westerosi children do not have to be named immediately after birth and it's quite possible that Lyanna wasn't exactly in the best state to leaf through a book of babynames, so it's possible that Jon was still unnamed when Ned found him.

do you think jon is his real name given by lyanna .?? or ned stark gave him ?? may be later we will surprise that he was jonaerys targaryen............heheh....kiddin lol...
GRRM confirmed that Ned named Jon.

(Also, what did punctuation ever do to you, for you to abuse it so?)

While Ned did name him, that doesn't mean that Lyanna had not name him something else before hand.

I really am not sure about what the OP was asking. If it was meant that there was a baby switch no, Jon is about a year too young. He was smaller then Robb when both were babies. He could be older then Robb, and Ned gave him a different name day to confuse things.

If the OP was asking if Lyanna named him Aegon, its possible. Aegon was "dead" before Ned left KL. The KG knew that before Ned got to the ToJ. She could have thought that it was the name Rhaegar wanted, so she name this child and he was the VII.

It would seem more likley that Aemon would have been Rhaegar choice, since he seem closer to him then any other Targ we hear of, but who knows what she could have name him.

• 1 month later...

The story in a dance of dragons, as told to Davos and the Three Sisters is that when war broke out, Ned was at the Ayree and needed to get to the north to call his banners. Since Gulltown was loyal, he couldn't get on a ship and sail past, banners a blazing, so he hopped on a small fishing boat with it's captain and his daughter. A storm killed the father, and Ned left the daughter with a bastard son, named Jon Snow.

Time wise, Ned's trip occurred at the start of the war. This means the guy in the Three Sisters knew about Jon at the start of the war.

Motive wise, this dude was the guy who said to Davos "if you lose, you weren't here". Apparently he said the same to Ned. If Ned tried to plan a "revised" story with him, he must have been crazy. He trusted a guy overtly covering his own arse more than his own wife?

Plus GRR Martin said he would reveal Jon's mother. If Jon is dead, it would be the right book to reveal his mother. Also, he revealed the mother as someone mundain, then killed Jon off with a big LOL to all those thinking the cliche of the hidden bastard coming in to his own and saving the day, revealing himself as king, was going to be true.

That's if he is dead, but given that the "false death" angle has been done previously (Davos) I doubt he's playing the same game twice.

Just my 2c.

-Horeath

The story in a dance of dragons, as told to Davos and the Three Sisters is that when war broke out, Ned was at the Ayree and needed to get to the north to call his banners. Since Gulltown was loyal, he couldn't get on a ship and sail past, banners a blazing, so he hopped on a small fishing boat with it's captain and his daughter. A storm killed the father, and Ned left the daughter with a bastard son, named Jon Snow.

Time wise, Ned's trip occurred at the start of the war. This means the guy in the Three Sisters knew about Jon at the start of the war.

Motive wise, this dude was the guy who said to Davos "if you lose, you weren't here". Apparently he said the same to Ned. If Ned tried to plan a "revised" story with him, he must have been crazy. He trusted a guy overtly covering his own arse more than his own wife?

Plus GRR Martin said he would reveal Jon's mother. If Jon is dead, it would be the right book to reveal his mother. Also, he revealed the mother as someone mundain, then killed Jon off with a big LOL to all those thinking the cliche of the hidden bastard coming in to his own and saving the day, revealing himself as king, was going to be true.

That's if he is dead, but given that the "false death" angle has been done previously (Davos) I doubt he's playing the same game twice.

Just my 2c.

-Horeath

Godric Borell (the guy on the sisters) knows that only from rumour. Not reliable at all. Furthermore, it would make Jon a year older than Robb, which would have been visible when they were toddlers. An unfounded rumour is all that the story is.

And Davos isn't the only PoV that has been declared dead at the end of a book. Davos two times, Arya one time, one time blind and one time dead in the middle of a book, Theon once, Cat once (well, she is actually dead :cool4: ), Bran and Rickon once in the middle of a book. They all showed up again.

I think either Ned chose the name "Jon" or Lyanna chose it after Ned had arrived at the ToJ (i.e. more or less directly before her death):

Jon sounds like exactly the name Ned would choose, after Jon Arryn.

There is little reason to think Rhaegar would use it (maybe after Jon Con? But it seems that at that time they weren't so close anymore), especially as it's so clearly not a Valyrian name.

And while Lyanna could have had fallen in love with the name Jon, it still would be a coincidence that she would choose Jon Arryn's name - unless she was already thinking of camouflaging Jon as Ned's bastard. But that was only an option for her after it was Ned who arrived and won the day at the ToJ.

That doesn't mean that Lyanna or by proxy even Rhaegar hasn't chosen another name for him before that, a name that Ned did not want / dare to use (hehe, "Jonaerys", I like the sound of that :cool4:). But we know that Westerosi children do not have to be named immediately after birth and it's quite possible that Lyanna wasn't exactly in the best state to leaf through a book of babynames, so it's possible that Jon was still unnamed when Ned found him.

It would make sense that Ned would rename the child after something that he could remember in order to keep the child's disguise intact. Assuming that you agree with the R+L=J and that Ned solemnly agreed to keeps Lyanna's secret..it only make sense the Jon's birthname is not Jon. So, Ned gave him the only name he could think of, which was Jon as in Jon Arryn.

No. Jon is close to two years younger than Aegon and arrived at Winterfell just a few months after birth. The difference in age between them would be obvious. And Aegon has the typical Targaryen hair when Jon is brown.

There is of course the enticing possibility that Jon is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. 'Promise'...she whispered to Ned... might it have been the promise to pretend Jon was his, to save him from certain persecution from Robert Baratheon, who we know harboured an almost pathological hatred for House Targaryen? If Lyanna and Rhaegar wed, quite possible since the Targaryens practiced polygamy: Aegon and his sisters, that would make Jon Snow, not a Stark bastard, but a trueborn Targaryen...

Archived