Jon Snow is Aegon Targaryan?

Rayhar

By GRRM's punnet square techniques we see Dark hair is dominant over light hair (case with Roberts bastards). The Martell's are also darker because they spend more time in the sun and are tanned. So Jon (Aegon) has Rhaegar's light skin but Elia's Dark Hair, making him look like a light-skinned dark-haired Stark.

Everyone THOUGHT Aegon got the Targ looks, but as we can see that all the Martell/Targaryen children (Real Aegon [Jon] and Rhaenys) got the Martell looks, it is clear that the baby everyone thought got the "Targ" looks was really Jon (Rhaegar and Lyanna's baby.) That's why he looked so much different from his sister, and defied the hair color rule as no one else in the series has done--because he has a different mom, Lyanna!

Aegon (Jon) is actually the same age as Jon (Aegon), since he comes into the book after the 2-3 year jump in tv character's ages.

In this subforum, no one cares about anything in the show. And I'm talking about the toddler Cat and the Winterfell people saw. Furthermore, it isn't black that's dominant, it's Baratheon black. Aegon was born before Harrenhal. Jon was born two years after Harrenhal.

And why do you presume that "real Aegon [Jon]" got the Martell look?

Elia Martell has Targaryen genes in much the same way that Rhaegar has Martell genes. So it`s very possible for their offspring to have Targ or Martell looks.

It is in no way possible for them to have Stark looks.

You have to remember that the genetic palette extends beyond complexion and hair colour.

Regarding genetics, Robert has 17 children, some of them with blonde mothers. He also carries recessive genes from his Targayen grandmother (which means that any of his bastards could have the Valyrian look). Since it is known that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen aren't his, we can discount them in an analysis of Robert's genetics.

But take a look at his 4 known bastards:

Gendry is strongly built, black haired and has blue eyes. This is the classic Baratheon look. Brienne notes how much he looks like a more muscular Renly (basically, a young Robert). His mother was golden-haired.

Edric Storm is black-haired, strongly built and has Florent big ears. Since he is Robert's acknowledged bastard with a Florent woman, not much discussion there.

Mya Stone is strong and black-haired. She has a certain bravado to her, which is what I imagine a female Robert would behave like.

Barra the Babe was born of a blonde whore and is black-haired.

I find it astounding that none of Robert's bastards has Valyrian features. Robert does have the blood of old Valyria.

If it weren't so far-fetched, I might even posit that Aurane Waters and Aegon VI are Robert's bastards. This would actually solidify Aegon's claim to the throne.

The line of succession as it stands:

Robert - dead

Stannis - Kinslayer and kingslayer, ineligible. There's also the whole Red God thing which makes him ineligible in the eyes of the Faith.

Shireen - Trueborn heir of Robert Baratheon, unless she gets all Rh'llor

Renly - Dead

Eldest male bastard - This is probably Gendry, unless I'm right about Aurane or Aegon.

Edric Storm - (I'll assume all the other bastards were killed on Cersei's orders)

Mya Stone.

Wait i'm loss! Shireen is Robert's child

Regarding genetics, Robert has 17 children, some of them with blonde mothers. He also carries recessive genes from his Targayen grandmother (which means that any of his bastards could have the Valyrian look). Since it is known that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen aren't his, we can discount them in an analysis of Robert's genetics.

But take a look at his 4 known bastards:

Gendry is strongly built, black haired and has blue eyes. This is the classic Baratheon look. Brienne notes how much he looks like a more muscular Renly (basically, a young Robert). His mother was golden-haired.

Edric Storm is black-haired, strongly built and has Florent big ears. Since he is Robert's acknowledged bastard with a Florent woman, not much discussion there.

Mya Stone is strong and black-haired. She has a certain bravado to her, which is what I imagine a female Robert would behave like.

Barra the Babe was born of a blonde whore and is black-haired.

I find it astounding that none of Robert's bastards has Valyrian features. Robert does have the blood of old Valyria.

If it weren't so far-fetched, I might even posit that Aurane Waters and Aegon VI are Robert's bastards. This would actually solidify Aegon's claim to the throne.

The line of succession as it stands:

Robert - dead

Stannis - Kinslayer and kingslayer, ineligible. There's also the whole Red God thing which makes him ineligible in the eyes of the Faith.

Shireen - Trueborn heir of Robert Baratheon, unless she gets all Rh'llor

Renly - Dead

Eldest male bastard - This is probably Gendry, unless I'm right about Aurane or Aegon.

Edric Storm - (I'll assume all the other bastards were killed on Cersei's orders)

Mya Stone.

Wait a minute i'm loss! Shireen is Robert's daughter? When and how? Cite your source i would really like to see that.

She's not, and although its inelegantly written the statement is correct - think about the Walders' discussion on who inherits.

Starts off with Robert.

He's dead, leaving no true-born heir

Next comes Stannis as the elder of his brothers

Then comes Shireen as true-born daughter of Stannis.

Although Stannis offered to make Renly his heir in the event of not siring a son, Shireen as his (the elder brother's) daughter comes before Renly (the younger brother) as Robert's heir.

In theory Robert's bastards come nowhere, but given that his own legitimacy rested on the point of a sword I doubt that anybody would go all legalistic if Gendry turned up with an army at his back rather than a writ.

All this talk of genetics and. . .

“No,” Jon Snow said quietly. “It was not courage. This one was dead of fear. You could see it in his eyes, Stark.” Jon’s eyes were a grey so dark they seemed almost black, but there was little they did not see. He was of an age with Robb, but they did not look alike. Jon was slender where Robb was muscular, dark where Robb was fair, graceful and quick where his half brother was strong and fast."

I haven't seen this brought up when discussing genetics - it is always hair color, but why not body type?

• 5 months later...

it may be possible. but some other way. i think when rhaegar targaryen got news that his son aegon murdered during the sack of kingslanding he named his other child from lyanna as aegon. or may be his mother named him as aegon when rhaegar was away to fight. coz rheagar might had shared his prophecy with her that only aegon will retake the seven kingdoms. and only ned stark changed his name to jon coz he didnt want robert to know coz aegon was targaryens name.

THIS!!!

Is this in any way possible?

Don't think so.

Do all Targaryans have to have blond hair?

Depends. If a silver-haired Targaryen marries someone with a silver hair, all their children will be silver-haired. If a silver-haired Targaryen marries someone with a darker hair, the more dominant trait will show up in their children.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy the whole Jon Snow is a hidden Targaryen theory. Targaryens were not wargs. Jon never developed his ability, although it is strong. I believe the warg gift is strongest in Jon, Bran, and Arya. I believe Arya is stronger in this ability because she can reach across the Narrow Sea to slip into Nymeria's skin. Nymeria is alive and is hunting with her super pac. Everyone always overlooks the Dire Wolves. Plus Arya slipped into the skin of a cat. Cats are independent by nature, they don't rely on anybody. It is said in the books that dogs are the easiest animal to slip into, Cats and birds are a different story. All this came from the Stark line. Even if Lyanna was Jon's mother, there is no mention of Lyanna having this ability.

Arya is the Varamyr of the Stark line. Bran had to be taught. Arya just did it.

I don't buy the whole Jon Snow is a hidden Targaryen theory. Targaryens were not wargs.

There's no reason to believe that Targ heritage somehow suppresses warging. Quite the opposite:

The only other example of a 50-50 mix of a Targaryen with a First Men House (Blackwood in this case) we know of has also developed into a powerful warg: Brynden Rivers, called Bloodraven, 3 Eyed Crow and Last Greenseer.

Even if Lyanna was Jon's mother, there is no mention of Lyanna having this ability.

While Eddard was warging non-stop all the way through A Game Of Thrones, right?

By the way, if you have questions about R+L=J, there is an extra thread dedicated to it where people will be happy to answer you.

Jon Snow is most likely a Targayen but just not Aegon. Whenever Ned would think of Jon he would also remeber his sisters promise. "Promise me Ned." We know that Aegons mother was Princess Elia. It would make no sense to have Ned remeber Lyannas promise when thinking of Jon if he was in no way related to the Starks. Ned may be very honorable but I can't see him creating that big of a lie for someone he didn't love.

Personally, I think Aegon died the day the Mountain smashed his tiny head against the wall.

OK, I've read the three pages in this forum start to finish, I have no idea WTH I just read as it was very all over the place. All I will say is this, I have two boys, currently aged 2 and 4, one was born July 2008, the other September 2010 they are 26 months apart. Ever since my youngest has been 18 months (up walking, running, moving climbing) I cannot tell you how many times people ask me (complete strangers) "are they twins?" (seriously) and all I can think (because I birthed both of them) is "really? are you kidding me right now? one is about 3 inches shorter than the other". I know this is really a moot point, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, depending on how old both Rob and Jon were when they were introduced to eachother, there is chance that people didn't realize how close (or far apart) in age they were. Sometimes a two and three year old can be passed off as the same age, or a three and four year old, or in my case an 18 month old and 3 1/2 year old. Even my own family always comments on how much they look alike, and my youngest also is just as good with his motor skills (if not better) than my eldest. I'm just saying that sometimes it can be difficult to decipher the ages of two children. So it's possible that if Robb was 2 and Jon was 1 (or vice versa or Aegon/Jon whatever) that the two could be passed off as the same age or very similar in age. Edit: and it doesn't always come down to looks either, if you walk into a room full of toddlers ...say age 2-4 years old, you may have trouble figuring out who's 2, 3, or 4 especially if there skill sets are similar.

I don get one thing... how can jon inherit the black hair from Lyanna but Aegon not from Princess Elia but his sister... Isn't silver blond a recessive trait...!!!

If we assume that GRRM genetics follow real-world genetics, Elia is not the first from Dorne to marry a Targaryen. She has Targ blood in her, meaning that the blond hair is hiding somewhere in her genetics. The odds are small but she can still pass those down to her son.

In this subforum, no one cares about anything in the show. And I'm talking about the toddler Cat and the Winterfell people saw. Furthermore, it isn't black that's dominant, it's Baratheon black. Aegon was born before Harrenhal. Jon was born two years after Harrenhal.

And why do you presume that "real Aegon [Jon]" got the Martell look?

Aegon was born after Harrenhal. He's from 282, and the tourney was in 281. Rhaegar must have gotten Elia pregnant at the tourney, or pretty fast after. Had Elia had the baby before, she'd have been near death at that point. Rhaegar took Lyanna in 282, and she possibly gave birth to Jon in 283.

Aegon must have been only a few months old when Rhaegar took off.

Archived