Most hated characters?

FacelessDude

So I'm almost finished with Storm of Swords and I've developed some hate for a few characters. Which characters do you hate the most and why? List atleast 2.

1. Janos Slynt- he is very arrogant. He thinks he deserves special treatment at the Nights Watch because he was a gold cloak. Plus, he took bribes while in the Kings guard. He is also a coward.

2. Shae- at first I really thought she loved Tyrion for who he was, but that it was all for his gold (which is why I now hate her). She lied and said he poisoned Joffrey, knowing it would mean Tyrion's death. I know she is a prostitute, but whoever lies and says someone did something, in turn condemning them to death, is a bad person. No matter their profession.

Walder Frey(s): He broke all the laws of gods and man in front of Gods and men. I loved Robb and Smalljon who he successfully had killed, as well as the Greatjon who is a hostage I believe.

I hate Slynt a lot to, but I will go with Mel here. I feel like she has corrupted Stannis, cranks out shadow babies to kill a loved person like Renly, and a honorable person like Ser Cortnay Penrose. Not to mention she continuously tries to force Stannis to burn Edric Storm, a small boy.

I've hated Joffrey since AGOT....uggh, horrible little sociopath. In this book though Walder Frey is a big one. I hope he gets killed down the kine or better yet all the Ferys involved in the Red Wedding.

Yea Walder Frey is dastardly. He killed two Starks under his roof, and that's considered a serious violation of rights to the guests. I hope something happens to Walder in the tWoW. If not that one then the final book, a Dream of Spring I think it will be called. I would love to see Arya murder Walder Frey.

I know it's bad that out of all the bad characters i hate Catelyn the most, but I just do.

The next would be Ramsay Bolton.

What on earth do you hate Catelyn for 0.o It beggars belief that she is a subject of hate as it makes me think people are just reading a completely different series than I am.

The poor woman is going through hell on earth, does she deserve to be hated as well? Especially when there are people like Walder Frey, the Boltons, Tywin, Joffrey, Gregor Clegane etc.

What on earth do you hate Catelyn for 0.o It beggars belief that she is a subject of hate as it makes me think people are just reading a completely different series than I am.

The poor woman is going through hell on earth, does she deserve to be hated as well? Especially when there are people like Walder Frey, the Boltons, Tywin, Joffrey, Gregor Clegane etc.

I'm not saying that she deserves to be hated, but that I hate her. I also understand why you may think it's stupid. I hate her high opinion on herself, her stupid comments on everybody, the way she treats Jon...basically everything about her.

Yeah Walder Frey definitely.

And I actually really hate the Mountain for killing Oberyn!!!!! Even though (hopefully) Oberyn killed the mountain too. The guy was so awesome but now, dead. =(

Catelyn - the way she treated Jon, even though it is not his own fault he is a bastard. She took the imp before she had any evidence (tried to conduct her own justice), which led to the wars, killings, and all the suffering of her family. She released the Kingslayer - thereby dealing a huge blow to her son Rob, influencing Karstark to do what he wants with prisoners as well. Her close connections to Littlefinger got Ned to rely on him and cost him his head in the end.

Cersei - wicked, manipulative, incestuous.

Littlefinger - manipulative to the end

Theon - for being a turncoat... Be angry at the father, but not at the one who had you as a brother for 10 years... He betrayed the only person in the world to love him as a brother. You might say him taking Winterfell brought about the downfall of Robb.

I have not yet reached the part where Walder kills rob (darn these spoilers, I should be more careful when reading the forum), but he is bound to be a hated character also.

Naturally enough, Petyr Baelish, Stannis Baratheon and Tywin Lannister. Both men are rotten to the core and plagues that must be purged.

Runners-up include both Boltons, Euron and Aeron Greyjoy.

As for reasons:

1. Petyr Baelish is a ruthless manipulator who thinks nothing of destroying people to further his ambitions. See what he did to Ser Dontos and Sansa.

2. Stannis betrayed his brother by murdering him instead of engaging in honest warfare or renouncing his claim. 'Nuff said, really. But there is also the matter of how he is generally conducting his campaign, burning effigies and good people and generally expecting people to treat him as if he were special just because he believes himself to be the lawful inheritor from Robert.

3. Tywin Lannister is just about the sickest character in the series. He seems to be literally incapable of realizing that there may be things more important than the glory of reputation of his House. His misjudgement have troubled the Wall, made all his three sons badly disfunctional, and ruined his grandson. Due to the circunstance of them being the "de facto" royal house, it is also effectively destroying Westeros and their bannermen.

I believe Ramsay, Roose Bolton, Euron Greyjoy and the Damphair are obvious enough.

Luisdantas-

Ah I love Littlefinger! Pretty much for the same reasons you hate him, haha. I like how when it comes to him he never hesitates to backstab someone and knock them down a few pegs.... Or the height of a mountain =P

Archived