351 replies to this topic

#21 Whitering

Whitering

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Plus, a flaming sword is just what they need on an undead monstrosity. Lot of build up for him to die in the trial if it is not Sandor who does it. I am not convinced he will lose the trial. What I do think is that Jaime will somehow escape his situation (I don't know how), return, realize what Qyburn has done, kill him, and then strangle Cersei with his cold gold hand.

#22 Toos

Toos

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

I just wonder what if the Robert Strong's opponent in trial would want see Robert's face before fight.

#23 Dornish Hen

Dornish Hen

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sorry sorta double post! /bang.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bang:' />

Edited by Dornish Hen, 29 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#24 Dornish Hen

Dornish Hen

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thoros of Myr would be the ideal man to face him if you look at the facts. 1) Dondarrion and Thoros were sent out to kill him in book 1 and failed. 2) he is a great swordsman as proved when he won the melee and also due to the fact that there is no evidence of him ever being killed whilst Dondarrion drops down like the proverbial Italian footballer all of the time. 3) he creates undead himself; Qyburn has simply done a twisted version of what Thoros has been doing - who better to undo it?

Thoros would make a formidable opponent. I wonder if the Faith could or would consider Thoros as he is a priest of R'hollor. Even though he is a man of faith, is he the right kind to fight for their side?

#25 IceGal

IceGal

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Crackpot theory admittedly, but could Robert Strong be an Other? Could Qyburn have unlocked the secret of the Others (=re-animating a corpse) in the course of his gruesome experiments?

#26 Babeldygob

Babeldygob

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

I think that Qyburn will tell Cersei that Robert Strong is hers, but he's actually his. He won't be using Robert against her, because he is only in the council because of Cersei. However, he will tell Cersei that if he dies, Robert goes too, or something to that extent, to ensure his own safety. I don't actually believe it would be true though. I think Robert Strong will be a very serious force in the court, either through trials by battle or outright slaughtering of people she doesn't like. I don't think he can be defeated with any conventional method. I also think he is a headless knight.

#27 LordDolorousEdd

LordDolorousEdd

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

what if they demand a trial by seven? probably not possible because of the lack of king-guard...

#28 TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

what if they demand a trial by seven? probably not possible because of the lack of king-guard...

Or there will be a trial of seven and Robert is the only participant on one side....and wins.

#29 LordDolorousEdd

LordDolorousEdd

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

there is alway a chance he will lose and tommen will not let them kill his mother.....

#30 gougef

gougef

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

there is alway a chance he will lose and tommen will not let them kill his mother.....

first woman to take the black. /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

#31 LordDolorousEdd

LordDolorousEdd

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

she hated wearing black after robert't death, a just punishment.

#32 oscarinfw

oscarinfw

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thoros would make a formidable opponent. I wonder if the Faith could or would consider Thoros as he is a priest of R'hollor. Even though he is a man of faith, is he the right kind to fight for their side?

I was thinking Thoros could "revive" unSandor to fight the unbrother UnGregor but I also see the major issues of one faith's "champion" representing another faith.

#33 LordDolorousEdd

LordDolorousEdd

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

I was thinking Thoros could "revive" unSandor to fight the unbrother UnGregor but I also see the major issues of one faith's "champion" representing another faith.

the faith has said that stannis is a demon worshiper (paraphrased) so i am sure they will not have any red priest. they will have to use one of the Warrior's Sons so in order for sandor to take part he will have had to join. (random question has he been knighted?)

#34 DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

It will be Sandor Clegane that fights Robert Strong. That is if you subscribe to the theory that Sandor is the large gravedigger at Quiet Isle. Being that Sandor is now a man of the faith, as the Elder Brother can attest to.

#35 Alysanne Targaryen

Alysanne Targaryen

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yes, yes. One could think it would be easier for a woman not touching a single woman after they take the vows, but... not for Cersei.
As long as she's there, she could well be the new LC! We all know how she loves her little share of power... /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

#36 Arkash

Arkash

Time Lord beyond the Sunset Sea

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

first woman to take the black.

/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

On a side note, imo, the NW should accept women at the Wall, it would make things much more better, there, and not only talking from a sexual pov.

Edited by Arkash, 24 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#37 Julian Rayne

Julian Rayne

Blood of the North

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

If Cercei looses her trial, Tommen will not be King anymore.

#38 The Red Hand

The Red Hand

Council Member

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Whoever fights Gregorstein has to be chosen by the Faith, and I can't see them using a red priest for that. I think, hope, that Sandor fights and beats Gregor, but only time will tell.

#39 thunder_chicken

thunder_chicken

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

If we assume Cercei's trial is the first chance to see Robert Strong "in action", I can't believe he would lose. That would be a lot of build-up for a quick exit.

edit- also a good chance for the Faith to get rid of someone they don't like. Maybe offer a Kettelback a chance to fight?

Edited by thunder_chicken, 24 June 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#40 morrisseyjunior

morrisseyjunior

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Why does everyone think that it is Gregor Clegane? It could be a few people all joined together by Qyburn.

Sometimes GRRM is quite straightforward but he likes his curve balls too. I think it's too easy to be Clegane.