Stannis humor

My favorite parts of Stannis' jokes is that he is dead serious during all of them.

True :D.

I loved his parley with Renly and his Peach, and the "This is not King's Landing!" line about Gilly's child. Also, his outrage over Lyanna Mormont's letter.

I loved his parley with Renly and his Peach, and the "This is not King's Landing!" line about Gilly's child. Also, his outrage over Lyanna Mormont's letter.

Does anybody else have a mental image of Lyanna Mormont's letter being written in crayon, with the i's dotted with hearts and glitter all over the page? It just makes his whole reaction even funnier in my mind.

Does anybody else have a mental image of Lyanna Mormont's letter being written in crayon, with the i's dotted with hearts and glitter all over the page? It just makes his whole reaction even funnier in my mind.

Hehe, I did not really remember it that way, but that would be hilarious! :D

In my ultra-slow, Sharpie HiLighter-in-hand re-re-read, I just finished the Burning of the Seven / Lightbringer in Davos first chapter. The whole thing is a hilarious farce. My old margin notes say, "Does Mel take this seriously?" Books and re-readings later, I still can't answer that, but that whole scene is really funny.

Thanks OP for a good topic.

When he told Renly that Margary would stay a virgin in Renly's bed.

The actual quote:

Renly: "You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."

Stannis: "In your bed she's like to die that way."

"No man may withstand him!"

"Be quiet, woman, You are not at a nightfire now."

Selyse throwing her arms around Stannis's legs and begging him to have Edric Storm sacrificed.

"He is mine own blood. Stop clutching me woman."

This thread has kept me laughing all day. I literally shot my drink through my nose at a couple of points. It's made me see Stannis in a whole new light. I never realized his wit.

Bravo Not_A_Lady_Brienne for starting this thread.

My favorite parts of Stannis' jokes is that he is dead serious during all of them. lol my brother made up this adjective called Caligular (something Caligula would do. Kill your father, fuck your sister, make your horse a senator etc). However it seems like Stannis is one of the only characters who doesn not behaive Caligular

You forgot pimping out the wives of the nobles.

I'll just regurgitate my signature:

"You chatter like magpies, and with less sense"

And......

The king gave a shake of his head, like a dog shaking a rabbit to snap its neck "Only Renly could vex me so with a piece of fruit. He brought doom upon himself with his treason, but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother's peach"

This thread has kept me laughing all day. I literally shot my drink through my nose at a couple of points. It's made me see Stannis in a whole new light. I never realized his wit.

Bravo Not_A_Lady_Brienne for starting this thread.

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm embarrassed to admit, I didn't get how funny he was until DWD with "This is not King's Landing." But he's absolutely hilarious and I can't get enough of his sense of humor.

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm embarrassed to admit, I didn't get how funny he was until DWD with "This is not King's Landing." But he's absolutely hilarious and I can't get enough of his sense of humor.

Same here. Part of it was the POV (where everyone sees him as a humorless git), so I didn't pick up on the humor until midway through DWD. Then with my re-read of COK, it all clicked.

I always thought he was humorous - always saying the things about people you thought while reading - and now I find myself hoping he somehow stays alive through the series. Never seen a collection of quotes, haha.

Archived