Cersei and Taena

KhaleesiDany

• 3 weeks later...

I keep wondering if this will be important at some point. Like, if this is the thing that will end up bringing Cercei down with the Faith or something. That "It never happened," just seems to indicate that one day it will be a big deal that it DID happen.

I don't know about anyone else, but Taena sounded smoking hot, hotter than Cersei maybe. I always liked her scenes because she seemed such an interesting character because you don't know if she'll betray Cersei at some point.

We all know how conceited Cersei is, and how much she talks down about Margeary's looks compared to her own, and if she is admitting to herself that Taena is smokin hot, she probably is ridiculously hot.

You guys say the myrish swamp was a good one. I cant stop picturing cersei eating millions of princes! she's a monster!!! At first i thought she meant the bastards that were ordered to be slain in ACoK but she was refering to the times she would pleasure Robert without having to bear his children.

Thanks for answering my question everyone.

I'm going with she wants to pretend it never happened. Though knowing Cersei, if Taena mentioned it, Cersei wouldn't be like "Please don't talk about that. Ever." She would be like "That never happened." Her mindset confuses me.

The part that really got me as her channeling her anger to Robert was when she imagined her finger as a boar's tusk ripping Taena open, since a boar killed Robert and Cersei was remembering how Robert would be all rough with her. (I don't want to say "rape", though if this was modern times, I would definitely call it rape.) Cersei hates being used and she has been used her entire life.

I got the impression that Taena is a bombshell from the way other characters are described as reacting to her dancing and such.

Cersei in this book she is getting middle aged, gaining weight and stuff. The hints are there but Cersei never admits it herself. So I think she is having a hard time not being the most beautiful one in the palace no more (boo hoo).

I felt like the "It never happened" referred to the fact that Cersei herself feels like she's becoming more and more like Robert (esp. with the drinking, which she used to hate about him). She even remembers the nights in which Robert would come to her and afterwards pretend "it never happened".

Oh maaaaan, I'd forgotten about the phrase "myrish swamp" until I came in here.... now I'm never going to be able to forget it.... just.. DID IT HAVE HAVE TO BE DESCRIBED THAT WAY???? :ack: :stillsick:

Haha, I thought that line was hilarious.

Good ol GRRM =)

Archived