The kinslayer is accursed in the eyes of gods and men. (Book spoilers)

Given that thanks to Tywin and Joanna’s cousinage, Jaime is his own second cousin, Jaime is likely related to Alton in multiple ways as well. But being a double fourth cousin (or whatever) still isn’t very much at all.

But this opens up the way for a great line from Vargo Hoat: Y U kiwl Jon-Boy Alton, Kingthlayer?”, right before he demanumits him.

• 1 month later...

It seems like since reading the most recent books people have forgotten who Jaime was before he met Brienne and lost his hand. There was nothing Jaime would not have done for Cersei. If that meant killing a cousin so he could make his escape and return to Cersei then he would.

Jaime is a prisoner. He'll do anything to escape. Seems legit to me. We know this man has sh*t for honour at this point in the books and in the show. He tried to murder Bran Stark, killed Ned's men and would have likely maimed Arya.

The argument that 'he knew he was a valuable hostage and therefore safe' doesn't hold much water for me. It's cold, he's trapped in a cell and he's covered in shit. He is getting weaker by the day and people like Lord Karstark want him dead. He's hardly "safe."

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care so much about him actually murdering a kid in cold blood, as I am bothered about the fact that he coulda just whispered to him: "LOL FAKE SEIZURE!"

But no, he just had to smash his face is.

Exactly. People seem to constantly overlook this point.

Jaime's book crimes are morally questionable but they were never gratuitous. The scene with Alton makes Jaime out to be some kind of cold-blooded sociopath (and according to the commentary, that's exactly what the writers think of him), because HBO need to sensationalize everything. I think they've almost single-handedly ruined his redemption arc now.

• 2 weeks later...

This scene was an idiotic move by the writers.

Jaime, even when he was an arrogant airhead, always had regard for his family. His father, his sister (unlike her, he truly loved her), Tyrion (biggest example of this regard since others looked down upon Tyrion). He would never kill a Lannister kid, especially just to have a vain attempt at escaping a camp full of thousands of Northmen.

And if the Alton kid truly was Cleos Frey, that just makes the scene even more stupid seeing as Alton is a first cousin to Jaime in this case and a son of his aunt Genna Lannister. Jaime was really close to Genna Lannister, who also happens to be Tywin Fucking Lannister's sister.

Bad move, fellows.

Nah, he's not Genna's son. They more or less lampshade the fact he's not when he and Jaime first meet.

Still a betrayal of a scene that shows how HBO are getting these characters ass-backwards (Robb, Jon, Cersei, Brienne, Jaime...)

• 2 months later...

What about when he was searching for Arya on the Trident after Nymeria bit Joffrey, intending to kill or at least maim her? Who was he protecting with this?

How about the killing of Ned's guards in KL? Who was this action meant to protect? If anything, it endangered Tyrion more.

In the books he didn't kill Jory

Archived