Lady Stoneheart and the Stark kids

Lady Hodor

Lady Stoneheart, aka UnCat, seems fairly adamant and resoulute on finding Arya and Sansa.

So ignoring the theories of whether or not this will happen, lets just say she manages it. How would their reuniting go down?

Lets not forget that Catelyn is now a mute, croaking zombie-like creature with hideous scars and a swollen, rotten face.

Arya wouldn't give a damn about it, easily guessed, I believe that upon learning the Faceless Men sliced off the faces of the dead and wore them as masks she responded with "So what" :P Good old Arya. So she would not care about what Catelyn looks like now so long as she is her mother and alive. Do you agree? Though she might be mistrustful.

Sansa is a different matter. She would not easily adapt to UnCat at all, if she was willing to believe it was her at all. It was Sandor's hideous scars that kept her distanced from him, if he had been handsome I imagine their relationship would have been entirely different and allowed her to imagine him... romanticly. So, to be blunt, Sansa has some shallow values at times, though she has developed since then. Would that affect her upon meeting Lady Stoneheart?

And what of the unlikely event of Lady Stoneheart finding Rickon? Oh... Shaggydog just might eat her... :stillsick: Rickon is fiesty and fierce to a new level and utterly out of control (At least as we last saw him) and beforehand did not react well to change. So all this does not connect well to a loving unitited meeting between him and his undead mother.

As for Bran... He likely already knows through spying through tree eyes.

Does Jon deserve mention? He's already seen dead people walking before, its nothing new to him.

What do you think?

I don't think Lady Stoneheart will meet one her children

I think she''l be killed be the next leaders of the BWB

(Sandor, Brienne, Brynden and Jaime)

Funny, I had Sandor, Brienne and Jamie as the core of Sansa's Queensguard, for which disfigurement is a prerequisite. Ser Loras now qualifies, too...

The problem here is we were able to read her POV pre-unCat. Now that she has evolved to unCat, we have never gotten to see inside her head but her actions up til this point support one thing and that is: vengeance.

Do we truly know if unCat is looking for her daughters? Which actions have supported this?

She questioned Brienne about lions and betrayal, not one question about her daughter(s). Off-screen after Brienne yelled whatever word it was that saved her life, the subject may have came up but again I want to point out that we never see this. It's only inferred that she still believes her daughters alive and seeking them out.

We've seen the inn with many children inside, it may be a telling sign of what the BwB has become under Lady Stoneheart's tutelage but that too is inferred without eyes inside the BwB. It's also possible that the idea of a refuge for children in times of war was an idea belonging to another.

There are those within the brotherhood that see it's transformation and seem to be unhappy about moving away from Bedric's hand.

I still withhold my judgement on unCat until we see more of her. I will accept her personality that has been spelled out to us but to associate all attributes of pre-unCat to unCat, I can't do that until I see it.

FFS, Sansa is not so shallow to not appreciate seeing her MOTHER again just because she doesn't look good. If anything, she'd be more disturbed by the fact she (Cat) is not exactly alive.

Besides, as of ASoS, Sansa has developed a (likely subconscious) 'thing' for Sandor Clegane... for good or bad. His scars did not keep her distanced from him, It was his murderous attitude and the fact she's 12/13 that prevented a romantic relationship between them in ACoK, among other things.

Arya wouldn't care about alive/dead/undead thing 'cause she has killed people herself and all...

unCat seems more vested in vengeance than daughter hunting. She knows Arya was with the Hound and given Saltpans likely believes her dead. Sansa vanished the night Tyrion supposedly killed Joffrey and her being alive is not the most likely explanation. She'll either find some small peace and die or be consumed by her fiery vengeance. Even if it is a small peace I doubt it will come from meeting one of her children just nowing that one or more are not dead.

I would sort of like to see her get her revenge against the real enemy - Littlefinger - but redeem herself somewhat for her unthinking vigilantism by sparing her children the knowledge of what she has become, avoiding any direct interaction with them, and probably dying shortly thereafter.

I'm actually really curious what ending Martin has designed for unCat. If he never made her into unCat that would have been the perfect death/ending at the Red Wedding. I mean, it was a masterful writing. I can still see her actions and hear her thoughts when I bring it up.

If unCat's purpose in the story is underpar it'll cheapen her character overall. I hope Martin has some grand design for her and just didn't randomly revive her so the book could have an awesome ending.

Lady Stoneheart will most likely die before seeing any of her children. She'll be content knowing they are alive and well before passing. I think she was brought back to give her character some closure. She did die thinking Arya, Bran, and Rickon were dead and that Sansa was still a prisoner.

I don't think GRRM brought back Cat from the dead for a "happy ending" or for the purpose of reuniting her with her children. There is most likely some greater agenda for her and I have no idea what it could be. Exterminating the Freys would make me happy, though. :P

Manage to get into the twins and strangle the late lord frey. that would be awesome.

Lord Frey would be like

Can't be Lady Stark, maybe it's her sister Lysa but she's dead too. They had a sister I didn't know about? They'd go so far to keep a Stark from my bedroom!

I would sort of like to see her get her revenge against the real enemy - Littlefinger - but redeem herself somewhat for her unthinking vigilantism by sparing her children the knowledge of what she has become, avoiding any direct interaction with them, and probably dying shortly thereafter.

I agree that her children, especially Rickon, are better off not seeing her this way and remembering the way she was before she died. If Rickon ever saw his mother (or rather her ghost) as she is, it would probably scar him for life.

The problem here is we were able to read her POV pre-unCat. Now that she has evolved to unCat, we have never gotten to see inside her head but her actions up til this point support one thing and that is: vengeance.

Do we truly know if unCat is looking for her daughters? Which actions have supported this?

She questioned Brienne about lions and betrayal, not one question about her daughter(s). Off-screen after Brienne yelled whatever word it was that saved her life, the subject may have came up but again I want to point out that we never see this. It's only inferred that she still believes her daughters alive and seeking them out.

We've seen the inn with many children inside, it may be a telling sign of what the BwB has become under Lady Stoneheart's tutelage but that too is inferred without eyes inside the BwB. It's also possible that the idea of a refuge for children in times of war was an idea belonging to another.

There are those within the brotherhood that see it's transformation and seem to be unhappy about moving away from Bedric's hand.

I still withhold my judgement on unCat until we see more of her. I will accept her personality that has been spelled out to us but to associate all attributes of pre-unCat to unCat, I can't do that until I see it.

The only evidence that we have is the questioning of Merret Frey at the end of ASOS, they also probaly know she and the Hound were at the Inn at the Crossroads, probaly they think she was killed or captured at Saltpans. They might think that the Arya that was sent North is real. Jamie told Breinne that she was fake, he would not probaly go to negotiate with the Hound for her if she was fake. Brienne did not mention which daughter the Hound had to Jamie, the Heddle girl slightly resembles Arya, probaly she will tell him that it is Arya the Hound has.

Sansa is a different matter. She would not easily adapt to UnCat at all, if she was willing to believe it was her at all. It was Sandor's hideous scars that kept her distanced from him, if he had been handsome I imagine their relationship would have been entirely different and allowed her to imagine him... romanticly. So, to be blunt, Sansa has some shallow values at times, though she has developed since then. Would that affect her upon meeting Lady Stoneheart?

Sansa was afraid of him because he was rude, crude and not at all gallant. As of ACOK, she states herself she is most afraid of his rage, and names that his eyes are always angry.

But, be that as it may, I am not sure he especially will have any impact on whether or not she can accept UnCat. Sandor is at least alive and not a zombie, despite some level of disfigurement. Nor is he a close family member who has come back from the dead.

I doubt neither Sansa nor Arya would react favourably to meeting their corpse mother, but I think at least one of them may have to, since I don't think poor UnCat will find peace until she has found at least one of her children. As of the moment, the closest one is Sansa and it would make sense for her to "close" the storylines floating around in the Riverlands in one way or another. I doubt UnCat will die without knowing at least one of her children are still alive, that would just be....well, pointless? She's a vengeful spirit risen from the dead for one reason only: to find her remaining children by any means necessary and kill anybody who gets in the way, or has ever hurt them. If Jaime or Brienne kills her, what would be the point? Random zombie creation seems a bit over the top. No, I think one of her children will have to put her to rest, and I think it will have to be Sansa.

Sansa has also already been the means of ending Lysa, so I think she will be a part of ending her mother as well (although I don't think she'll actually stab UnCat or anything, just that she'll be around.)

The only other option I can see is that Bran somehow contacts UnCat via Weirwood but that seems a bit odd since he is currently halfway across the world. Although, Cat did say Bran was her special boy, so maybe she will react to him calling to her through the trees.

Archived