Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones The North Remembers Mousepad
Game of Thrones The North Remembers Mousepad
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

[Book Spoilers] where is the dragon glass?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 turdle

turdle

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

i have to assume at this point that sam is going to be the one to find the stash of dragon glass, but i'm surprised that hasn't come up yet. the way they've been speeding the story up so much, it looks like sam's going to need it by the end of this season.

#2 turdle

turdle

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

any thoughts?

#3 zippypoodle

zippypoodle

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

I seriously doubt the attack on the Fist will occur until season 3. I'd be surprised if we see Sam and company again this season,

#4 Crown

Crown

just another soldier on a road to nowhere

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

The recap of the previous epsiode released on youtube is always the 'previously on Game of Thrones' segment of the next episode. Take a look at this recap: http://www.youtube.c...uI&feature=plcp, it shows Sam & Co at the Fist. Why would they show them if they aren't going to show them in the episode? Basically we got confirmation that they're in this episode, and most likely to find the stash, what can they do else? Also, we heard the three horn blasts in the first teaser/trailer, so perhaps they're ending the season with a cliffhanger at the Fist?

#5 turdle

turdle

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

The recap of the previous epsiode released on youtube is always the 'previously on Game of Thrones' segment of the next episode. Take a look at this recap: http://www.youtube.c...uI&feature=plcp, it shows Sam & Co at the Fist. Why would they show them if they aren't going to show them in the episode? Basically we got confirmation that they're in this episode, and most likely to find the stash, what can they do else? Also, we heard the three horn blasts in the first teaser/trailer, so perhaps they're ending the season with a cliffhanger at the Fist?

before the season started i guessed that the season would end with the prolog of asos (or something like it where the 3 horn blasts come), but what a bang this season would go out with if they ended the season with battle at the fist.

#6 Crown

Crown

just another soldier on a road to nowhere

• Banned
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

before the season started i guessed that the season would end with the prolog of asos (or something like it where the 3 horn blasts come), but what a bang this season would go out with if they ended the season with battle at the fist.

I don't think they're going to show the battle at the Fist. We'll see White Walkers approaching the Fist, three horn blasts, screaming, and credits. Holy fuck, that would be awesome!

#7 turdle

turdle

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I don't think they're going to show the battle at the Fist. We'll see White Walkers approaching the Fist, three horn blasts, screaming, and credits. Holy fuck, that would be awesome!

you're probably right, and next season will start with sam and the surviving NW running (through the woods i guess? though there doesn't seem to be any trees anywhere near them). they'll probably skip showing the battle for budget reasons, but a man can hope.

#8 Fengari

Fengari

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

I think they'll find the dragonglass this episode, and the season will end with three horn blasts. Next season will open with the aftermath of the battle. We will not get to see it. We already know they like to skip battles, and it would take too much extras in a remote part of Iceland to even show enough white walkers climbing the fist to make an impact.

#9 protar

protar

King of the Draenei, The Rhoynar and the Social Justice Warriors

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

I think we might get some of the battle at the fist in S3. Just the tail end of them breaking free. I mean it would make a good episode climax and with some clever camera work they could make it seem bigger than it is.

#10 sennahoj

sennahoj

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

i think maybe Sam finds the dragonglass later on, in season 3, when the NW is on the retreat, so it would tie in with him slaying a White Walker. As for the Battle at the Fist, I expect the producers will use some sort of cheap way to gloss over the battle like "wights approaching, blades drawn, fade to black, screams, end credits"

#11 SerMixalot

SerMixalot

Ironically Wearing Sweat Pants

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

I thinkthey could have a short scene this week establishng what has happened on the fist, have sam find the dragonglass and that would be enoughto set up a cliffhanger of the others attack on the fist for the end of the season

#12 Sarnius

Sarnius

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ohh man seriously!?

It just ruins it that Jon wasn't the one that found it. It showed how much they relied on Jon and how much they missed him.

Dammit.

#13 Leuf

Leuf

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

That might be why Ghost left Jon, to go back and help Sam find it.

#14 SerMixalot

SerMixalot

Ironically Wearing Sweat Pants

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I think ghost is more likely to hunt and eat sam then help him, but.... /dunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dunno:' />

#15 victim

victim

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ghost is going to show up and save Jon and Qhorin from their Wildling captors.

#16 protar

protar

King of the Draenei, The Rhoynar and the Social Justice Warriors

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I think ghost is more likely to hunt and eat sam then help him, but.... /dunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dunno:' />

I just had a hilarious mental image of Sam huffing and puffing through the snow as Ghost closed in behind.