What Tommen Says to Jaime

Shaggy Rickon

Depends what one means by 'molested'. I think there's no consensus about any sexual element, but clearly Joff abused his brother in some way.

Does anyone know if we find out more about this later? I don't want to know what Joffrey did to him, just if we get more info at some point.

Nope; it's pretty much dropped after his near-confession to "Uncle" Jaime.

Personally, I don't think it was sexual in nature. Joffrey was just a bully, and Tommen is a meek kid. I think it's more in line with how Jaime uses the "go away inside" phrase: when Aerys was committing heinous acts in front of his very eyes. I could easily see Tommen being disturbed by some of the wanton cruelty Joffrey was fond of dishing out to everyone around him, or abusing animals (pretty sure Joffrey skinned something that Tommen was fond of), etc..

Depends what one means by 'molested'. I think there's no consensus about any sexual element, but clearly Joff abused his brother in some way.

I wondered about this line, too and I'm sure whatever he was doing was really sick. But even if Joffrey didn't do it for his own sexual gratification, rape and molest are more about power-tripping anyway. Joff wouldn't think what he was doing as sexual even if it was--he would think of it as asserting his power over Tommen. Tommen would just be very confused. His words to "go away inside" are very much how one has to cope with sexual abuse. It's necessary to disconnect from your body; with physical abuse it's more a feeling of being helpless.

100 posts wheeee :rofl:

Why do you think Tommen and Myrcella are so normal and level headed. Nothing like mom and dad. Maybe it's too early to tell....

To be fair Jaime is fairly level headed, just impulsive, something that he has been able to afford due to his personal prowess. Now if you consider self-centred to be abnormal I can certainly see that since, as we see when Jaime pushes Bran out the window, his entire world revolves around him so much so that he is willing to push an innocent boy to his death (an act which appears to be a mixture of his self-centredness and his impulsiveness).

Archived