Borrowing from Datepalm's excellent rules list:
To keep it useful and relevant for people trying to find a book to read, I ask that when posting in this thread, you stick to a few points:
- Posts need to contain the name of the series, the name of the author, and a sentence or two of description or opinion.
- Praise and criticism should try to be helpful to someone trying to make their mind what to read, and not context-free subjective opinion: "I thought it had strong characterization, but somewhat unoriginal worldbuilding," is useful. Simply saying "I totally loved it, everyone should read it," - not so much.
- Feel free to post a rec even if someone already has, so long as you're not repeating them word for word. An accumulation of opinion can be useful.
- Differing opinions on books that have been brought up is fine, but don't be the first to post a book you don't recommend at all. We have "worst book" threads for that.
- Rec separate series in separate posts. This will help to eventually consolidate different recs for the same book together.
- Keep things short. Anything longer than a paragraph - find/start a thread for it.
- This is not the place to discuss peoples recs. If someone recs
- Please don't ask for recommendations in this thread. If it doesn't deliver what you're looking for, have a look in the "What to do before starting a thread asking for recommendations" thread, and then - start a thread.