Three-eyed crow and the last Blackfyre pretender

Okay I just reread ADwD and all of the Dunk & Egg stories. Here are my predictions for TWoW:

1. Three-eyed crow is obviously Bloodraven

2. "Aegon" is a son of Illyrio and a female of the Blackfyre line. We will find this out through JC's POV. The fact that there is a time gap between "Aegon's" fake death and meeting up with JC supports this

3. The Golden Company still has the Valyrian sword Blackfyre

Bloodraven spent his entire life fighting the Blackfyre pretenders, and will continue to do so preventing "Aegon" from ascending the Iron Throne. Once "Aegon" is dead, Bloodraven will die and Bran will be the last greenseer.

"Aegon" is a son of Illyrio and a female of the Blackfyre line is a really good makes sense with why Illyrio cares so much about the game

• 2 weeks later...

i have to disagree with the depiction of the Blackfyres as "pretenders". I mean, Perkin Warbeck was a pretender, the Blackfyres actually had a strong claim to the throne, Daemon was legitimized by Aegon IV and was a kind and honorable man as well as a great warrior. Being the legitimized son of two Targaryens made his bid solid.

Not to mention we aren't totally sure Daeron wasn't Aemon the Dragonknight's kid.

Kinda off topic, but isn't it weird that Jon, Arya, and Bran are all wargs? That's supposed to be really rare, or maybe the dragons coming back makes things like "wargism" occur more frequently.

Why was he in the Black Cells? I'm not that good at the Targaryen history.

Maekar was angry that Aerys I picked Bloodraven to be Hand and not him, and they didn't get along, so when Maekar became king, he sent Bloodraven to the Black Cells.

Kinda off topic, but isn't it weird that Jon, Arya, and Bran are all wargs? That's supposed to be really rare, or maybe the dragons coming back makes things like "wargism" occur more frequently.

All the Stark children could warg apart from Sansa who couldn't do it simply because Lady died before all the wolf dreams started. It is rare but I guess the Starks have good blood for it. I've always thought that if Ned Stark or Benjen had a direwolf or any other animal pet then they'd be warging too, if they survived the first book of course. I'm pretty sure that warging starts off by having an affinity with a certain creature which goes from warg dreams to actually taking control of them. It can then be developed to do skinchanging, taking control of another creature or person. And something else entirely is greensight. Only Bran has all 3 of these abilities, which is really rare.

Do we actually know why Bloodraven joined the Night's Watch?

I now see a lot of others have already replied, but I'll add my 2 cents. Short answer, we don't know exactly why he was imprisoned. Him and Maekar are known to have little love for each other. There has to be more to it. I don't like plenty of people in my family but I wouldn't send them to the worst dungeons in Westeros because of it. But if I had to guess it would be because King Maekar found out about his skinchanging abilities. I think that the Targaryens have never gotten very involved in the North (or people that worship the old Gods for that matter) because they fear them and their abilities. But I'm excited to find out specifics. Hopefully there will be many more Dunk & Egg stories that give us answers we have been waiting for. Such as Bloodraven's imprisonment, and also the tragedy at Summerhall.

Bloodraven may actually have his loyalties lie somewhere else.... It would be so easy for him to kill Aegon. Why would he kill Aegon? A guy who is 125 years old is not got going to kill somebody for thinking he's a Targ if thats the case. Bloodraven also definitely suspect Daeron the goods kids aren't real targs-they all got sick. YOu think Varys would pull something like this without bloodravens help?

I don't think Varys has any idea that Bloodraven is alive, much less that he is as powerful as he is.

Bloodraven is a Targ loyalist however the Blackfyres are a Targaryen line.

With all the legit Targs dead (and Dany unable to produce an heir), then Aegon may be the only way for a Targaryen dynasty to hold the Iron Throne.

Whilst a Targ is better than a Blackfyre, a Blackfyre is better than a non dragon.

We have some pretty good evidence that Dany is not barren, as Mirri Maz Duur has said.

How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have?

A thousand eyes, and one.

I'll throw something else into the mix here. The female Blackfyre is actually Varys. BOOM!

Funny :P Her name was Serra, Varys' sister, I believe...

I now see a lot of others have already replied, but I'll add my 2 cents. Short answer, we don't know exactly why he was imprisoned. Him and Maekar are known to have little love for each other. There has to be more to it. I don't like plenty of people in my family but I wouldn't send them to the worst dungeons in Westeros because of it. But if I had to guess it would be because King Maekar found out about his skinchanging abilities. I think that the Targaryens have never gotten very involved in the North (or people that worship the old Gods for that matter) because they fear them and their abilities. But I'm excited to find out specifics. Hopefully there will be many more Dunk & Egg stories that give us answers we have been waiting for. Such as Bloodraven's imprisonment, and also the tragedy at Summerhall.

Yes yes! I can't wait for more Dunk and Egg! I love those stories.

Regarding Bloodraven, well... maybe he wanted the throne? I don't know... he probably figured he could rule better than Aerys and mad Rhaegal. He was ruthless and killed people who spoke out against the Targs. I really have trouble seeing him in any positive light to be honest... then again, I am a Blackfyre supporter :pirate:

He may have chosen to go to the Wall, if he was drawn to magic... there's much of it there.

We have some pretty good evidence that Dany is not barren, as Mirri Maz Duur has said.

We do? Having your period does not guarantee fertility...

Yes yes! I can't wait for more Dunk and Egg! I love those stories.

Regarding Bloodraven, well... maybe he wanted the throne? I don't know... he probably figured he could rule better than Aerys and mad Rhaegal. He was ruthless and killed people who spoke out against the Targs. I really have trouble seeing him in any positive light to be honest... then again, I am a Blackfyre supporter :pirate:

He may have chosen to go to the Wall, if he was drawn to magic... there's much of it there.

We do? Having your period does not guarantee fertility...

First of all, we don't know that Bloodraven was that ruthless. He had to silence any anti-Targaryen talk, the Blackfyre rebellion had just been put down, the 2nd Blackfyre rebellion was squashed before it started. So the realm was in a delicate state, he had to treat anything simple as possible treason. We do have evidence that he was a pretty awesome Hand of the King. As far as we know, he was only sent to the black cells because of his little feud with Maekar. But we are likely to learn more about his imprisonment.

Secondly, I'm not so sure it was just her period. I think she miscarried.

I really have trouble seeing him in any positive light to be honest... then again, I am a Blackfyre supporter :pirate:

Damn you! Pretender!!! :rofl:

I kid, I kid. I'm still forming my opinion about the Targaryens in general. But I can't help it, Bloodraven is one of my favorites.

First of all, we don't know that Bloodraven was that ruthless. He had to silence any anti-Targaryen talk, the Blackfyre rebellion had just been put down, the 2nd Blackfyre rebellion was squashed before it started. So the realm was in a delicate state, he had to treat anything simple as possible treason. We do have evidence that he was a pretty awesome Hand of the King. As far as we know, he was only sent to the black cells because of his little feud with Maekar. But we are likely to learn more about his imprisonment.

Secondly, I'm not so sure it was just her period. I think she miscarried.

Well you could say that those actions were ruthless! I do not doubt the man's capability or intelligence, but I wonder about his methods. Didn't he give Bran Jojen-paste?

If she is suprised to see blood, then she hasn't been having her period.... and if she hasn't been having it, then how could she conceive? I guess we don't know enough to judge anyway. Miscarriages can also mean barren-ness.

Damn you! Pretender!!!

Say that to my sword, ye puny red dragon! :fencing:

Well you could say that those actions were ruthless! I do not doubt the man's capability or intelligence, but I wonder about his methods. Didn't he given Bran Jojen-paste?

If she is suprised to see blood, then she hasn't been having her period.... and if she hasn't been having it, then how could she conceive? I guess we don't know enough to judge anyway. Miscarriages can also mean barren-ness.

Say that to my sword, ye puny red dragon! :fencing:

Yea the Jojen-paste thing is still up in the air. But when he was Hand of the King, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Lord Bloodraven has taken out many pretenders already, he would not mind taking down one more!

Yea the Jojen-paste thing is still up in the air. But when he was Hand of the King, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Lord Bloodraven has taken out many pretenders already, he would not mind taking down one more!

It just occurred to me that he is the Stannis type and that he (for whatever strange reason, ahem!) picked the Targ side, and killed the "brother he loved", and hated himself for it, but he didn't have a choice. And he hated Bittersteel, especially after he took his eye out. We don't know what he was like before the Rebellion. Or it could be that he loved Daeron... after all, he never married did he?

Ah, so many questions.

A Blackfyre will someday sit on the Iron Throne, mark my words!

It just occurred to me that he is the Stannis type and that he (for whatever strange reason, ahem!) picked the Targ side, and killed the "brother he loved", and hated himself for it, but he didn't have a choice. And he hated Bittersteel, especially after he took his eye out. We don't know what he was like before the Rebellion. Or it could be that he loved Daeron... after all, he never married did he?

Ah, so many questions.

A Blackfyre will someday sit on the Iron Throne, mark my words!

As funny as it would be, he didn't love Daeron. He loved Shiera Seastar (I think that was her name). Unfortunately she was his sister, but her beauty was supposed to be of mythical proportion. That was one of the reasons Bittersteel and Bloodraven hated eachother, they both sought her favor and hand in marriage. But she favored the correct bastard, that's right, she was diggin' Bloodraven. But in all seriousness. How the deuce do you not like Bloodraven? He's just awesome. Super powerful, ran the kingdom for alame-duck king, and played a major role in squashing 2 rebellions!

No pretender will sit the Iron Throne with Lord Bloodraven still on the watch.

Bloodraven = Westerosi Original Gansta'

As funny as it would be, he didn't love Daeron. He loved Shiera Seastar (I think that was her name). Unfortunately she was his sister, but her beauty was supposed to be of mythical proportion. That was one of the reasons Bittersteel and Bloodraven hated eachother, they both sought her favor and hand in marriage. But she favored the correct bastard, that's right, she was diggin' Bloodraven.

Ahaa, somehow I missed that bit. Still stands about Daemon though.

Dang, Shiera was right cold to play a brother like that. No wonder Bloodraven was trippin, that's why he got his sides confused!

Ahaa, somehow I missed that bit. Still stands about Daemon though.

Dang, Shiera was right cold to play a brother like that. No wonder Bloodraven was trippin, that's why he got his sides confused!

True, he had no qualms with Daemon, even respected him.

But that is probably one of the reasons he chose the Targaryen side. Women can be very influential. Also, his hatred for Bittersteel probably had a pretty big role also.

Bittersteel was a Bracken, Bloodraven was a Blackwood, they both wanted Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven sat on Daeron's council as master of whisperers, Bittersteel was one of the men that placed more value ain strong of arms that surrounded Daemon.

Maekar IS the Stannis type though. Overly proud and resentful, kills his beloved brother then goes to brood on in his keep for a year, then lashes out at Bloodraven.

Archived