Crusader King II

I just found out about this game today, it looks like so much fun but I don't thing my mac can handle it. :crying:

It's not very intensive at all. It's a highly detailed map, with a single 3D troop to represent armies, if you can get it to work for your Mac, it will probably run it. You can also compare your computer specifications to the game requirements.

Well my computer seems to meet the requirements. I'm just a little nervous to by the game since I've had some trouble playing games on this computer before, does anyone know if theres a demo for mac computers? All the ones I could find were for windows.

I've been playing this for the few days, and the mod is pretty polished already.

I also got the ruler designer dlc, so I can create my own house, which was fantastic.

I created my house as lord of the willow wood and have managed to get myself Harrenhal and Darry high lordships so far. I gave the first ruler of my house fertility bonus', as the houses I'd briefly played to test it out (Tarth, Tarly and Dayne of High Hermitage) didn't seem keen to give me more sons... Unfortunately I think I made myself too fertile (and married a super fertile specimen of maidenhood, to boot), as I have 8 true born sons, 9 true born daughters and a brace of bastards of each sex too and I'm barely in my mid 30's...

I'll need to get a move on if I'm to provide lands for my sons... They can't all join the Nights watch!

Or they could start a new age of the NW.

Downloading as we speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a completly unexpected game, the war of the five kings took a realy surprising course, after the "unexpected" :) death of Joffrey/Tommen/Myrcella and Renly Stannis Baratheon took the throne, however he died only months after taking kings landing leaving Shireen behind to rule. She married Edric Storm and they managed to hold the realm together for like 2-3 days, the majority of the lords rebelled and supported Daenerys who now sits the iron throne.

So Daenerys holds kings landing with Rakharo as her husband, Edric Storm and Shireen Baratheon have given up their claims on the iron throne and are ruling the stormlands, Lancel is ruling the westerlands with a semi-independent Cersei holding Casterly Rock and Harrenhall, Tyrion was killed on the orders of Cersei, Mace Tyrell is still ruling in Highgarden, Arianne Martell and the red viper in Sunspear, Robb Stark and Balon Greyjoy bent the knee to Stannis and aren't revolting so far against Daenerys, Edmure holds the Riverlands, Robb Stark married Roslin Frey, Robert Arryn died and Daenarys gave the Vale to Aggo, Mance Rayder crushed the nights watch and is holding the wall with Jon Snow holding Castle black for him :/ and Aegon Targaryen is still in Essos with the golden company :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I finally decided to install this mod, and it's awesome! I love it, it's everything I wanted Genesis to be.

I'm playing The War of the Five Kings scenario, playing as everyone's favorite former smuggler. I was surrounded by Renly's bannermen from all sides...which meant I was kinda screwed. Renly was pillaging the Crownlands, and he sent a small detachment from Strom's End to deal with me. It was relatively small compared to the other armies roaming around, but it was still big enough to occupy the Rainwood. I raised about 1500 men by the time they got to the Rainwood, and I was bracing for an impossible battle against a force 3 times my size. And then, all of the sudden, I get a popup informing me that Stannis has inherited the Stormlands from Renly, who died in a "suspicious accident" . Praise be to R'hllor and Melisandre's shadow babies! :P

So, now that Renly's been dealt with, Stannis picks up where his brother left off, only...he's less succsessful at it. The Crownlands is full of massive armies headed by Tywin and Kevan, who promptly crush Stannis' smaller armies and execute the commanders ( including Mathos and Devan :( ). And what's even worse is the fact that Robb has sacked most of the Westerlands, which was mostly unguarded, and is now coming to the same to the Crownlands. Since Stannis and Robb are hostile towards each other, there's a battle between Stannis' and Lord Karstark's army, which Stannis loses, and he's also captured.

So, now I can muster about 3000 men, which would be twice the size of Karstark's forces. I'm planning a daring rescue attack. I've got enough ships for a landing near Duskendale, and hopefully intercept Karstark before he can head to Maidenpool and link up with Robb's main army.

But I'll leave that for the morrow... hopefully it'll work.

So, I finally decided to install this mod, and it's awesome! I love it, it's everything I wanted Genesis to be.

I'm playing The War of the Five Kings scenario, playing as everyone's favorite former smuggler. I was surrounded by Renly's bannermen from all sides...which meant I was kinda screwed. Renly was pillaging the Crownlands, and he sent a small detachment from Strom's End to deal with me. It was relatively small compared to the other armies roaming around, but it was still big enough to occupy the Rainwood. I raised about 1500 men by the time they got to the Rainwood, and I was bracing for an impossible battle against a force 3 times my size. And then, all of the sudden, I get a popup informing me that Stannis has inherited the Stormlands from Renly, who died in a "suspicious accident" . Praise be to R'hllor and Melisandre's shadow babies! :P

So, now that Renly's been dealt with, Stannis picks up where his brother left off, only...he's less succsessful at it. The Crownlands is full of massive armies headed by Tywin and Kevan, who promptly crush Stannis' smaller armies and execute the commanders ( including Mathos and Devan :( ). And what's even worse is the fact that Robb has sacked most of the Westerlands, which was mostly unguarded, and is now coming to the same to the Crownlands. Since Stannis and Robb are hostile towards each other, there's a battle between Stannis' and Lord Karstark's army, which Stannis loses, and he's also captured.

So, now I can muster about 3000 men, which would be twice the size of Karstark's forces. I'm planning a daring rescue attack. I've got enough ships for a landing near Duskendale, and hopefully intercept Karstark before he can head to Maidenpool and link up with Robb's main army.

But I'll leave that for the morrow... hopefully it'll work.

Having a dragon would make that much easier for you, and being Stannis would make getting a dragon easier.

We have a saturday multiplayer game with some open spots gooing on for anybody interested at this time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=The+Ice+and+Fire+3&iso=20120915T1500&p1=166&ah=4

anybody interested join this steamgroup and be there on time:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ck2mpgames

The game-thread on the game-forums (have to have the game registered to view that):

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?629775-The-Ice-and-Fire-3-(A-Game-of-Thrones-Mod)

Continuing from my previous post...

Instead of landing at Duskendale, I landed closer to King's Landing, near Rosby, which was unguarded at the time. I started heading towards Karstark's army, which was to the north-west, marching towards Maidenpool. As I started to gain on the Northern army, I got a raven informing me that Marya has died in the Rainwood, because of severe stress. That left me without a wife, and without a guardian for my 8 year old daughter Roslin. I sent her off to Dragonstone, to be fostered by Selyse, which improved my relations with the entire Royal family, and helped me achieve my " Befriend Stannis " ambition.

Despite receiving the horrible news from the Rainwood, I ordered my 3200 men to press forward, hoping to rescue the King. But, it was all for nothing... Just as I thought I would succeed, an army ten times my size led by Ser Kevan swooped down from the West and destroyed Karstark's forces, rescuing their own prisoners and taking Stannis and the rest of his lords under their custody. I turned tail and ran back to the coast, and just as I embarked on my ships, I learned that Joffrey had ordered Stannis executed, and Kevan had followed out his orders.

When Stannis died, our war died with him. His claim was inherited by Shireen, now age 18, now a hostage at King's Landing, along with Stannis and Steffon and a dozen other highborn knights and lordlings.

Me, and most of the Storm lords hope that Shireen will one day be released. We are sowing Stag banners in her name, praying for her return, ready to go to war again.

Other conflicts in the Realm:

Robb Stark was the only one who was close to achieving what he wanted. When Stannis died, he made it all the way to King's Landing, besieging the capital, only to slain when a combined Lannister host of nearly 70000 men fell on him from the West.

Surprisingly, Joffrey didn't strip the Starks of their titles, which means Bran succeeded his brother as Lord of Winterfell and Paramount of the North. He started another war, again joined by the Riverlords, and a new entrant into the War of the Five Kings: The disgruntled Lord of the Vale Robert Arryn.

Mace Tyrell was deemed unpopular after his alliance with the Iron Throne following Renly's death, and House Tyrell was quickly overthrown by the rest of the Reach lords. Lord Leyton Hightower leads the Reach now. Allied with Princess Arianne of Dorne, they're taking the fight into Lannister lands, occupying Crakehall and Silverhill.

The only ones sitting not participating in these new wars are the Ironborn, who claimed independence and are now led by King Aeron Greyjoy. I think it's safe to assume they're going to profit the most from these wars, attacking whoever loses.

As for House Seaworth...we have expanded our demense to Rain House, planning to conquer the rest of the smaller houses on Cape Wrath.

I just can't play this mod for any longer than 10 years without something ridiculously retarded happening which causes me to rage quit.

Playing as Ned Stark after Robert's Rebellion. Everything is smooth, I end up having like 6 sons (who all keep bitching about me giving them a fief, quiet fuckers, I don't have any fiefs for you). All is well, my max levy is nearing 60k and then Robert dies. Okay, new King, Robert's son, his traits are pretty shit but I'm willing to support him cause he's Bobby B's son. Suddenly less than 2 years into his reign, he decides to throw me in prison. Wut da fuq.

I demand trial by combat and I go up against one of the Kingsguard. I'm about to win, and then they roll to the side, which causes me to die. Lovely, Ned Stark is dead at the age of 56 and Robb who has perfectly fine traits come to be Lord, except all his vassals hate him. What is this I don't even...there isn't even anything wrong with his traits! My plan was for Ned to get out and then declare independence, but that ain't happening anymore because poor Robb can only raise 22k max, a far cry of what Ned could. So those plans go on hold as I try to consolidate my rule. Then, Harbert Baratheon (King Dickhead himself) dies in a suspicious accident. Good, at least I'm not the only one who fought he was an arse. Then Harbert's retarded son comes to the throne, and I'm serious, he's an imbecile.

What I'd done earlier in the game is marry Jon to Dany for the lulz. This gave me a rare and rather exciting opportunity! Bring the Targs back! I'm not a fan of the Targs and definitely not of Dany, but hell, why not? So pretty much every abandons poor King Grance Baratheon who is overthrown in a few months. All hail Queen Daenarys and King Jon! But what happens next? Dany imprisons me. WHY?!? I GET YOU ON THE THRONE AND THIS IS HOW I'M REWARDED! FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So I ransom myself and raise my banners. Bitch must die. She then turns on Jon and makes him her prisoner. Bitch must die x 400. The Riverlands/Westerlands and Crownlands go against me. I've hired the Golden Company + a few others, plus 25k of my own men. The Vale is in civil war, the Reach declares independence and the Stormlands are busy being the Stormlands. Dorne of course, doesn't do anything. I smash the initial Riverlander and Westerlander armies, and begin to take the Crossing. However, she sneaks men up into the North with her navy so I'm forced to keep a few thousand men back to deal with that. Despite the fact I'm effectively unopposed in my conquests, for every region I'm taking I'm getting like 5% warscore and she's getting like 15% whenever she takes one back. Okay... Well, I'll get there eventually and just as I'm nearing the Trident (I'd split my armies into three because supply is lame), Dany's grand army of 30k men shows up. HOW?!? How did you get 30,000 men! I look at her standings with her vassals. Pretty much all of them are below -50. And in Dany's short years of ruling she's earned the traits Cruel, Tyrant and Hedonist to go with her Quick/Attractive. This much resembles the book so I chuckled.

Still, 30,000 men from a few vassals who hate her? *head desk* And then the words, "I will take what is mine with fire and blood!" from TV Dany echoed through my head over and over again. Alt + F4.

Maybe later I'll go back on and make her die using console commands. Jon can be King or some shit, I don't care.

King in the North!!!

The thing that triggers if a king tries to revoke you of your titles/imprisons you is the threat you oppose to him, so if you have bad relations with the king and can raise a hell of an army, don't be scared if he will try to get rid of you by any means available to him :)

In your particular cause it might have been another thing that made the king hate you, let me guess he was Lianna Starks son? :P As soon as she died he inherited a claim on the north which he of course will consider his.

Easy way to improve relations: throw feasts, tourneys, hunts, let your chancellor travel to the kings court and improve the relation, send a gift to the king from time to time, give him some of your children to raise, he will be honored by that.

The thing with the warscore: battles give the most warscore, so you should always try to destroy the enemy armys, not avoid them and siege unimportant provinces.

Also brothers, especialy Jon Snow are extremly dangerous in a foreign court, that's why you should have them either as your own vasalls or send them to the wall/kingsguard/citadel, don't let them seek their fortune on their own or their wifes (dany) may fuck you up hard :P

The thing that triggers if a king tries to revoke you of your titles/imprisons you is the threat you oppose to him, so if you have bad relations with the king and can raise a hell of an army, don't be scared if he will try to get rid of you by any means available to him :)

In your particular cause it might have been another thing that made the king hate you, let me guess he was Lianna Starks son? :P As soon as she died he inherited a claim on the north which he of course will consider his.

Easy way to improve relations: throw feasts, tourneys, hunts, let your chancellor travel to the kings court and improve the relation, send a gift to the king from time to time, give him some of your children to raise, he will be honored by that.

The thing with the warscore: battles give the most warscore, so you should always try to destroy the enemy armys, not avoid them and siege unimportant provinces.

Also brothers, especialy Jon Snow are extremly dangerous in a foreign court, that's why you should have them either as your own vasalls or send them to the wall/kingsguard/citadel, don't let them seek their fortune on their own or their wifes (dany) may fuck you up hard :P

I had pretty good relations with both King and Queen. Which is what confuses me the most. I've never had this happen on Vanilla CK2, it only ever happens in GoT.

And no, Harbert Baratheon was the evil spawn of Robert and Cersei. He pretty much was Joffrey in all but name. Maybe I can understand him trying to imprison me (A 60k army is very strong) but Dany imprisoning Robb makes no sense. I'd just pressed her claim to make her Queen and my army was a far cry of what it used to be (only 25k).

Well, downloaded it two days ago, just want to share the alternate history from my game so far (playing as Eddard Stark, Roberts rebellion start date):

Roberts rebellion ended with Stannis Barratheon taking the Iron throne.

Eddard has over a dozen bastards from 5-7 women. Catelyn made a plot to kill Eddard due to his discretions, they ended up divorcing. As Tywin Lannister is dead, Catelyn Tully, who is now Lord Paramount of the Riverlands (did not quite catch how that happened, I am guessing her brother died in the rebellion), marries TYRION LANNISTER, lord paramount of the Westerlands! And they have 2 daughters so far. As Eddard only had 2 daughters with Catelyn, he now betrothed one of his sons to the daughter heir of Tyrion and Catelyn. They are not related, though, Eddards son is the child of Benjens Stark widow (who had one child with Benjen, and 5 bastards with Eddard, while being the Master of coin of the North). As Eddard has over a dozen bastards, and is well on his way to have over 20 children by the time he hits 40, I can safely assume he will outdo even Walder Frey, While it means he gets divorced quickly as wives loathe him, it also means he can Bethrode his numerous children to the heirs of all the Kingdoms in Westeros (yes, even with the son of King Stannis Baratheon of Kings Landing).

The whole situation is pretty messy, and I love it! :)

Has anyone got a similar story to share?

Archived