[BOOK SPOILERS] Which 3 men did Jamie mean?

• 9 months later...

Ser Barristan Selmy, Sandor Clegane and Loras Tyrell, we know that Loras is not an exceptionally swordsman (though some people seem to underestimate him) but all Jaime knows is that he is the best jouster in the realm and a renowned warrior, so it's understandble Jaime might consider him a worthy adversary.

I think the Cleganes for sure. The third? My money is on the Red Viper but most everybody on the main thread think it's Barristan the Bold. I do think that would make sense since in the last episode they changed the Kingswood Brotherhood story to Barristan instead of Ser Arthur Dayne.

eta: For the record, in the books Jaime's inner monologue has him thinking something similar to this when he realizes Brienne is stronger than him. He thinks to himself on who else might be stronger than him. He comes up with the Cleganes, Robert, the Greatjon, and Strongboar.

They haven't changed the Kindswood brotherhood story, in the book, Barristan the Bold did kill Simon Toyne, but the smiling knight,a different, and perhaps more dangerous member was killed by Ser Arthur Dayne. And yes, Ser Barristan was definately one of the three.

• 3 months later...

Archived