Most Anticipated POV Chapters?
Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:48 PM
I'd say do your Top 7
1) Sansa (I'm very curious to see how far Littlefingers schemes are coming along)
6) Jon Snow
Honorable mention goes to Theon/Asha because I love my Greyjoys even though they are so broken....
Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:17 AM
I'm also most likely in a minority of one when it comes to this issue, but I also want to hear more about Aeron.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:52 AM
4. Sam. I really want to know what is going on in the Maestar's tower and more about Marwyn and his intentions and also whether there was any merit to the claims of Marwyn.
5. Tyrion. I always look forward to his understanding of events and how he plans.
6. Sansa. She is close to littlefinger and has the potential to become a major player of the game.
7. Theon. Only because he reveals to us what goes on with Stannis and in the North/Boltons. Otherwise i detest his character.
I dont know where to fit in Davos, Arya or Arianne Martell. I don't know which characters are included in TWoW but its going to be so good no matter which ones are in.
I hope we ever have to suffer a Cercei or Brienne POV again. They were an agony to read the first time, and worse in subsequent re-reads. I skip them now.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:06 AM
Dany: cliffhanger ending, I want to see Drogon in action in Mereen and whats going on with her other dragons
Sansa: curious about how her LF training is going
Sam: gots to know all the Oldtown secrets
Arya: assassin or not?
Jamie/Brienne: where are they off to?
Cersei: how batshit crazy is she now?
Runner up has to be Tyrion because I always enjoy his chapters.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:17 PM
2. Jaime - ditto.
3. Cersei - who knows what she will be up to now when Kevan is dead.
4. Samwell - because I want to see the Citadel.
5. Daenerys - because she remains one of the central characters
6. Barristan - because his POV on the Meereen battle may be most useful
Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:11 PM
2. Jon (to see if alive or dead)
Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:11 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:36 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:43 PM
- Bran - I really like the mysticism in his story, and I'm really looking forward to how it continuous.
- Davos - I need to know what's going on on Skagos, will he find Rickon and Osha and bring them back into the story?
- Theon/Asha - Theon's story-arc is probably the best in Dance, and I'm eager to find out how it will continue in the North (Stannis' fate?).
- Barristan - Not because the Essos-arc interest me that much, but because he's one of my favorite characters, can't wait to read more from his perspective (especially his view on historical events).
- Jaime/Brienne - The chemistry between these characters is fabulous, and their fate is left ambiguous. I need to know what happened/happens next.
- Samwell - Who doesn't like Sam? I know I do. His story at the Citadel could become really interesting.
- Sansa - I just want to find out what Littlefinger is up to.
- Cersei - What is going to happen in King's Landing now? Tywin and Kevan are death. Cersei is out of power. Tyrion is gone. I think the Tyrell's will seize power.
- Jon/Melisandre - Will he die or will he survive? He has grown on me over the course of the books and I'm curious to see how his story unfolds.
- Arianna/JonCon - I hope to find out whether Aegon is a fake or not, and of course how far his conquest goes, will he seize the Iron Throne?
- Tyrion/Victarion - The Battle for Mereen will be awesome, no doubt. But I want them to get the hell back to Westeros!
- Arya - I don't know what to think of her story, hope she gets back to Westeros soon, don't trust those Faceless Men.
- Daenerys - It's just that I'm not an huge Daenery's fan. Never have been.
- Aeron - We don't know where he is, and we have no clue what he's op to.
- Areo - We know Doran's plans, so his POV shouldn't be that interesting anymore until Doran's joins the action himself.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:04 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:14 PM
2. Bran- He knows so much now he is with Bloodraven.
3. Jaime/Brienne- What's the situation with UnCat?
4. The Dornish- What are they up to? We know Arianne is on her way to see Aegon, but I want to see what their reaction to Quentyn's death is.
5. Theon/Asha- I didn't like Theon in aCoK but his arc in aDwD is, in my opinion, the best in the series. Also I love Stannis so I want to see if he survives the battle of Ice.
6. Sansa- Is she going to marry Harry the heir, how is she holding up in the Vale?
7. Arya- Is she on her way back to Westeros?
8. Cersei- Surprising, but I want to know how she reacts to Kevan's death and what the status is with Margaery.
9. Barristan- How are they going to survive Meereen?
10. Aeron- Would love to see if his plans to do something terrible to Euron succeed.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:21 PM
Edited by Robertxtrem, 22 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:44 PM
2. Jon/Mel - Biggest cliffhanger in the series thus far (really the only one of immediate consequence) so this one is obvious.
3. Davos - Ready to find out what's really going on with Osha/Rickon.
4. Arya - Despite having arguably a longer and more complex arc than any other POV, her future remains shrouded in mystery.
5. Brienne/Jaime - Yet another cliffhanger (and one that frustrated me much more than Jon's "death").
6. Theon/Asha - Cliffhanger #3.
7. Ser Barristan - Can't have too much of a Westerosi legend's point of view.
8. Sansa - Because I want to know what else LF is plotting, and whether Sansa's a willing player or his quiet adversary.
9. Tyrion - Because I'm ready to see him DO SOMETHING.
10. Daenerys - DITTO THE ABOVE.
11. Cersei - Ohhh the delicious lunacy. Watching to see how much worse this self-inflicted train wreck can get.
12. Victarion - Not a big fan of Victarion as a character but I do find the voice and tone of his chapters fun to read...and I'm convinced he'll play a big role in getting Daenerys back to Westeros.
13. Arianne/Hotah/Connington - I'm interested in the Dornish plans finally wheeling into motion, just not as much as all this other stuff ^^^^^^
14. Samwell - the Citadel will be cool, and maybe we'll learn more about Marwyn (now there's a POV I'd love to read).
15. Aeron - As with Vic I'll surely get a kick out of his style, not so sure if I'll actually be interested in the story he's telling.
Edited by Ferrum Aeternum, 22 May 2012 - 04:47 PM.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:01 PM
These are characters who haven't had POV chapters yet, but I would love to read about
1. Jorrah Mormont
2. Jeyne Westerling
3. Lady Stoneheart (of coarse Cat's had many chapters, but that was before....)
4. Selwyn Tarth (Brienne's father)
5. Varys would probably reveal too many secrets, but I'd love to read what's going through his mind
6. SOMEONE CURRENTLY IN ASSHAI (I want to know more about Asshai besides it's by a "Shadow"
8.Jaqen H-ghar (Was he really the one that killed Pate in the Prologue of "Feast"? And if so, what's he doing in the Citadel? And will Arya ever see him again? They technically would be co-workers..)
These are the characters/chapters that I want more of
1. Arya (I can't wait to see her in action, using her new "skills" on someone that helped destroy her family)
2. Melisandre (Will she ever give up the fact that Stannis isn't Azor Ahai reborn?)
3. Bran (he was my favorite character, but his future doesn't look happy w/ the tree growing around him in a cave)
4. Dany (I desperately want something to happen to her that will make her change her outlook that Slaver's Bay slaves are her children. I don't want her to loose anyone really important, but that might be what needs to happen to get her on her way to Westeros)
5. Tyrion (I would love to see him return to Westeros w/ Dany and personally mutilate and then kill his sweet sister)
6. Jaime (dead or alive? And if he's not dead, then why did Cat let him live?)
Edited by Lpearce7, 22 May 2012 - 06:08 PM.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:09 PM
4. Tyrion (If he meets with Dany. If he doesnt - bleh)
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:09 PM
in that order
I just hope we get to see a battle through the Barristan pov how cool would be to ride shotgun while Barristan effing Selmy is dealing death and making widows.
Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:37 AM
2. Jon - Will be interesting to see if he is dead or alive.
3. Melisandre - Only if Jon is dead. I wanna see what is going on at the Wall with so much out of control.
4. Daenerys - I want to see what she does with her situation.
5. Davos - I want him to arrive at Skagos and take Rickon home, bringing the northern lords to Stannis' cause.
6. Arianne -I love her chapters, and it will be interesting to see what she does with Aegon.
7. Victarion - The battle of Meereen is going to start and it will be epic.
8. Tyrion - Same as above.
9. Barristan - Same as above above.
10. Bran - To see what he can do with his tree skills.
11. Areo - To get more inside the head of the magnificent Prince Doran.
12. Cersei - To see what happens in the trial-by-combat.
13. Lady Nymeria Sand - A Sand Snake POV so that we can see King's Landing from the awesome side again, not the paranoid.
14. Jaime - Kind of curious as to what happens to him after he went with Brienne.
15. Jon Connington - Maybe don't need him since we have Arianne in Aegon's camp now, but you never know. Besides he has some secrets, obviously.
Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:42 AM
8. Barristan or Tyrion