Most Anticipated POV Chapters?
Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 PM
Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:08 AM
3. Tyrion (if only for his wit alone!)
6. Davos (mainly because of Rickon)
Edited to add
7. Samwell (I really am curious to know what's happening in Oldtown)
And least anticipated POV chapters
1. Anything that has to do with Dorne.
Edited by cancerman, 24 May 2012 - 12:32 AM.
Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:13 AM
Cersei (She's insane and I always love her chapters.)
Arya (I want to see her put her skills to good use.)
Jaime (It's Jaime.)
Bran (His story suddenly got interesting.)
Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:47 AM
1 - Sansa.
2 - Sam.
3 - Theon.
4 - Arya.
5 - Davos.
6 - Arianne.
7 - Melisandre.
Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:19 AM
2. Tyrion - favourite character, always is awesome, where will he end up by the end of the book?
3. Bran - no justification needed. The kid has POWAH!
4. Daenerys - her story is phenominal, I know it got a little tedious in Dance, but her final two chapters were well worth it.
5. Theon/Asha - battle of winterfell anyone?
6. Jaime/Brienne - fight to the death!?!
7. Sansa - see below.
jeez that was hard to cut down to just 7, I feel just plain WRONG for leaving out Arya (not to mention Davos, Cersei and Samwell).
I guess that final place was decided for Sansa, not cos I like her (not a hater or a 'shipper, Sansa is meh), but because I really want to know what Littlefinger is up to. You just know it's going to be more of the same: genius and evil
Looking forward to seeing the sand snakes in action in Winds too. GOSH I'm looking forward to literally every POV and story line.
Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:39 AM
Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:05 PM
6.Tyrion/Dany/anyone involved in the Battle of Slaver's Bay
Edited by Part time king, 24 May 2012 - 01:07 PM.
Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:12 PM
1. Theon/Asha/Bran: Theon's arc in aDwD was disturbing but the payoff was amazing. The TV show made Theon more compelling than multiple read throughs of aCoK. I also want to know the fate of the battle between the Boltons and Stannis. All three PoVs are currently set there with Bran's warging.
2. Jon/Melisandre: Who lives, who dies, and what happens with the NW and wildlings.
3. Davos: Will Rickon be found? He's also in my top 3 favourite POV characters along with Tyrion and Jon.
4. Samwell: I'm very curious to see what Samwell learns during his time with the Maesters that can help the NW.
5. Brienne/Jaime: I'm curious what happened to cause Catelyn to spare Brienne and also the fate of the BwB.
6. Tyrion/Barristan: 100x more interesting than Daenerys and I just want to see them leave Essos.
7. Arya: Her training as an FM in full swing is certainly going to be fun to read.
I didn't include Sansa because I think a good deal of her story will involve the courtship of Harry the Heir and snippets of Littlefinger's schemes that take place elsewhere in Westeros.
Of the POVs I least look forward to, I'd say Daenerys (just die or get back to Westeros already) and Areo Hotah for being as interesting as watching paint dry.
Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:05 PM
1. Sansa: Her chapters were my favorites in AFfC, and I really want to know how she's doing under Petyr's tutelage and what he's up to.
2. Samwell: I think the Oldtown plot is going to be awesome.
3. Aeron: Not out of any love for the character, but I really want to know what he's been up to.
4. Jaime/Brienne: What a mean cliffhanger...
5. Tyrion: I'm excited for the battle and to see the Meereenese knot tied up. Victarion, Selmy, and Dany count here too, but I picked the character whose POV I liked reading the most out of the four.
6. Theon: His chapters in ADwD were my favorites. And I really have no idea where Martin is going to take his story, or if he'll die early on (I hope he doesn't).
7. Davos: I've missed you Rickon!
Honorable mentions to Arianne, Asha, and Melisandre (I think it will be through her that we learn the fate of Lord Snow).
Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:26 PM
I'm also most likely in a minority of one when it comes to this issue, but I also want to hear more about Aeron.
I am very excited about this list guys-
1. Sansa - Hands down my most anticipated. I was very disappointed that we didn't get any of Sansa in Dance but I was kinda expecting it anyway because of the geographic separations of PoVs. I was jumping up and down when LF was all like , "... ans when you come out with your long auburn hair, clad in a maiden's cloak of white and grey with a direwolf emblazoned on the back...why, every knight in the Vale will pledge his sword to win back your birthright..." yay!
2. LF -This may tie in with Sansa's arc. I was kinda pissed at LF for masterminding the war but I have sorta forgiven him for doing that (and causing a bunch of characters to die). I read somewhere on the boards that LF's storyline is done? Are you kidding me? He is playing the Game! And he has given us a lot of reasons to believe that he hasn't disclosed his hand yet.
3. Dany- By the gods (both old and new) I will be pissed if she lingers in Mereen for too long. I understand that she had to learn the lesson the hard way, that you do not fucking linger where you are not supposed to. Dumb and frustrating arc in Dance imo. Hopefully she learned that she had to go back to go forward i.e. the Dothraki and the Khalasar and hopefully she kills the Harpy once and for all. Mounts her husband's head on a spike. Sacks Mereen, teams up with oily Victarian, takes the dragons and get her ass to Asshai and then to Westeros.
Jon - Don't care at this time.
Tyrion - In George I trust.
Edited by raggin, 25 May 2012 - 10:32 PM.
Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:47 PM
1. Jaime - Just to see the continuing adventures of someone so magnificent.
2. Arya - Deep into FM territory now and her work is only just beginning. Wonder what secrets she'll learn.
3. Slayer - Slayer at the Citadel. I have a feeling he's going to tear this place up.
4. Sansa - Probably getting into the Game officially next book. And of course we'll see what LF's been up to.
5. Theon - The tree! Must know how that ends.
6. Bran - A tree. We know how that ends.
7. Cersei - I want to see her devour the High Septon.
8. Davos - The return of Rickon!
9. Dany - Time to mount the world.
10. Melisandre - Will be interesting to see her reactions to the current situation at the Wall.
Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:49 AM
Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:22 PM
Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:01 PM
2. Jon/Mel: I wanna know what happened to Jon. Will he become AAR? Or will he meet Howland Reed?
3. Bran: It's obvious that a lot of mystries can get solved by his POV cjapters. I hope half the book will be devoted to his POVs, cause I WANNA KNOW!
4. Samwell: As stated earlier, I love assasins. So I wanna know what's Pate/Alchemist/Jaqem up to!
5. Tyrion: Always amusing and funny POVs, never boring, I want to know what happens in Slaver's Bay but Dany and Victarion and Selmy are just so boring. BTW, Dany has bored me so much that I want nothing more than her death.
6. Jaime/Brienne: I think whatever UnCat is up to it might be intersting. i think we didn't read about BwB for naught.
7. Davos: I want him to get Rickon so north team up to flay Ramsay.
Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:18 PM
Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:38 PM
3. Theon or Asha
6. Arianne, to find out what Aegon's deal is
I'm to the point where I could not give less of a shit what's going on in Slaver's Bay. The real action is going on up North.
Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:16 PM
2.) Sansa - I just want to know what LF is is up to really. I've always been fascinated by the Vale.
3.) Jaime/Brienne - Another cliffhanger I want to see resolved. What word did Brienne shout? What are they going to do to Jaime?
4.) Asha/Theon - Battle of the Ice!
5.) Arianne/Jon Con - How did Aegon take Storm's End?
6.) Arya - Is Izembaro a place or a person? Where is he going to take Arya?
Distant 7th).Dany/Vic/Tyrion - I'm looking forward to seeing Meereen be destroyed. I just hope GRRM gets it over with quickly. Get these characters the hell out of there, we are all getting tired of the damn place.
Edited by Ser Wun Wun, 26 May 2012 - 10:17 PM.