What small thing really annoyed you?

The way Cersei is thinking of Tommen as weak and clumsy and is always comparing him to Joffrey, who in her eyes is the perfect child (just a bit hot-headed and willful :ack: ). And her constant wish for slapping people (especially Margaery) because they said something "disrespectful" to her. She really annoys the crap out of me.

Joffrey and wanting to use real swords against Robb (I wish it had happened)

Brave Companions (the things they do are horrific but the way its always against people who are outnumbered or smallfolk)

The general way in which smallfolk are treated (it really does suck to be a peasent in Westeros)

The Frey's attitude (pretty much all of them)

No one except Garlan Tyrell acknowledging that Tyrion's battle plan was great at Blackwater.

And from the TV show

The Spice Kings accent and hand mannerisms arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I just posted but I gotta post one more thing.

"hello reader, this is the Stark family. They are the prime example of a family with healthy relationships, good people, and hope for the future. Now enjoy watching them get brutally murdered and psychologically tortured in the most terrible ways because f**k you"

it's called tragedy. you're reading one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy#Theories_of_tragedy

According to Aristotle, "the structure of the best tragedy should be not simple but complex and one that represents incidents arousing fear and pity--for that is peculiar to this form of art."[28] This reversal of fortune must be caused by the tragic hero's hamartia, which is often mistranslated as a character flaw, but is more correctly translated as a mistake (since the original Greek etymology traces back to hamartanein, a sporting term that refers to an archer or spear-thrower missing his target).[29] According to Aristotle, "The change to bad fortune which he undergoes is not due to any moral defect or flaw, but a mistake of some kind."[30] The reversal is the inevitable but unforeseen result of some action taken by the hero.

When Joffrey hacked apart the book that Tyrion gave him as a wedding present. I know the brat did a lot worse, but that really, really irritated me.

this, considering it was a rare book (only 4 left; well, 3 after the hacking)

plus, some repetitive words or group of words: "boiled leather", "comely/homely face".

Yes, it does bother me about all the references to Boiled Leather. Is this something that all students of history know about, from our own Dark Ages? I never heard of it before. And it does bug me about Gendry, not realising that he is Robert's bastard. In an aside on the HBO series, it bothers me when hair colors are not right. Not one Baratheon had BLACK hair....not even Robert! And the Lannisters on the show are not even Blond!! Can't these actors make the sacrifice to look right for their roles? I don't think Gendry's hair is dark enough either.

And my fellow posters, I cannot get this system to accept any pictures that I have tried to upload. Is there a trick to it? Thanks!!

Lommy Greenhands. I'm not certain why, but he irritated me more than I can say. Maybe I was feeling especially sympathetic for Arya then, but I was really frustrated with this entitled kid who couldn't fathom the peril of the situation. I'm ashamed to admit it, but during my first read I was happy to see him go.

I was annoyed whenever someone managed to pierce chainmail, or worse, plate, with a sword. Just a thing I have to ignore in order to suspend disbelief, I guess. Hasn't been too-too important to the story yet, but I sincerely hope an unrealistical armor failure never decides the entire story.

Dany generally annoys me. It's not really a small thing, but when she sent Jorah away, it really annoyed me. I was also bothered at her obstinacy and her stubbornness concerning the fighting pits in Meereen...... God, everybody advised her to reopen them, and she just couldn't do it. And then she got married to the person who supported their reopening... .Real genius...

And there's something else that annoyed me, I think in ACOK, which I can't really pinpoint and i don't have the books with me. I think she was rude to a servant or something.

Apart from Dany's stupidities, I was also extremely annoyed when Victarion murdered (drowned or burnt, I can't remember) some people on a boat he found, because they had said that "the Mother of Dragons is dead". Poor men only said what they thought was true, and Victarion killed them because he thought they were lying....... Stupidity is one thing I can't handle, but stupidity and cruelty (both of which are affluent in Victarion's case) drive me crazy. :P

That Penny's pig and dog ended up being eaten by the sellswords camped outside the walls of Mereen.

I know it sounds stupid, considering all the bloodshed we have witnessed, but I just thought it was unnecessary.

Maybe this is not small and perhaps I miss the point. But why did Tyrion tell Jamie that he killed Joffrey?

I thought it was to get back at Jaime for lying to him about Tysha.

It seemed like he was trying to say as many hurtful things to Jaime as he could.

Archived