[Book Spoilers] Stannis the Mannis

Now that we know Stannis has balls. Can't wait until he fights the wildlings...I can see it now, Stannis leading the charge himself chanting his own name then jumping on a giants head taking it down himself....

A little unrealistic that Stannis was first on the ladder- those guys usually die. Either way him cutting that guys skull in half was too epic for words.

The defenders there were overwhelmed by his sheer badassery and impeccable grammar.

Stannis kicking ass was a great addition from the book. That was one thing I never got from the books was that he was a great soldier - you heard it but you never saw it.

But jeez stannis if you are going to be first off the boat, first to the wall, and first up the ladder - could you put a freaking helmet on?

You know what? If G.R.R.M haven't writhed this episode himself people over here would be crazy about how they ruined Stannis, he would have never lead the charge himself in the books, he was a commander like Tywin, he stayed on the back, etc. But because George did write this episode now the purist can't complain.

this may be the first and last time I applaud the writers for something, but Stannis is just perfect.

It took me until ADWD for Stannis to be in my top 5 favorite characters (well part of that was due to everybody I loved dying in ASOS, but still)

but in the show, Stannis was pretty much one of my favorites by 2x01, and this episode cemented it. I'm glad that they showed a side of him we missed in the series.

A little unrealistic that Stannis was first on the ladder- those guys usually die. Either way him cutting that guys skull in half was too epic for words.

no way, all the stories of the great seiges and sech have the kings, leaders, lords etc being the 1st one over the wall, through the breach etc. may not be realistic but certainly apropos for GRRMs world

You know what? If G.R.R.M haven't writhed this episode himself people over here would be crazy about how they ruined Stannis, he would have never lead the charge himself in the books, he was a commander like Tywin, he stayed on the back, etc. But because George did write this episode now the purist can't complain.

I know for one that a thread on another forum (where the posters are not so up to date on this kind of thing) and they are still spouting the same stuff about how hbo are neglecting the books etcetc. Things like stannis' character, tyrion only killing one person, no chain and im sure it will go on *until* someone inevitably points out that G.R.R.M wrote this ep :cool4:

Archived