[Book Spoilers] Arya and the Hound

Harrad

Will this traveling road show be included in the series? It was the final turnaround for the Hound in the book. The series can't include everything so maybe this will go. It looks in the previews that Arya does meet Jaquen again--she has to get the coin--but will she go directly to Bravos? That could save some time, but at the expense of the Hounds redemption.

Will this traveling road show be included in the series? It was the final turnaround for the Hound in the book. The series can't include everything so maybe this will go. It looks in the previews that Arya does meet Jaquen again--she has to get the coin--but will she go directly to Bravos? That could save some time, but at the expense of the Hounds redemption.

That would mean Arya would be in Braavos for at least 3, possibly 4 seasons.

Also you gave no explanation as to why this would happen.

So, in short, no.

I don't believe that Arya will go with Jaqen. I took the Hound's offer to rescue Sansa as a foreshadowing of his travels with Arya. And all the name-dropping of the Brotherhood this season would be pointless if Arya's travels wouldn't also lead her there. So Arya and the Hound are still on.

Plus, if they brought Arya to Braavos earlier than in the books, they'd have to come up with a lot more for her to do there in the meantime, I mean more than they are bound to make up for her anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers somehow managed to have Arya cross paths with another refugee to the Free Cities.

They would also have to drop the BWB scene which is brilliant. Also Arya getting to the Twins would be difficult and then her journey on to Braavos, well, Braavos is not the most interesting story and she might not be leaving there until season 7 at the earliest. 4 seasons in Braavos? I hope not.

Also the journey between her and the Hound also provides good characters development for Arya. Also there are some really dramatic and funny moments between them.

I hope the Arya / Hound travel is still on, because it's a really nice moment, and I think the Hound has its influence on Arya as well. As the Tickler is dead already, I wonder however if the inn's scene is going to happel (it has, though, because it is were Arya gets Needle back)

I hope the Arya / Hound travel is still on, because it's a really nice moment, and I think the Hound has its influence on Arya as well. As the Tickler is dead already, I wonder however if the inn's scene is going to happel (it has, though, because it is were Arya gets Needle back)

It has to happen, Arya can't go to Braavos without Needle.

Why would Arya go with Jaqen? As far as she knows her mother, and brothers are all around Riverrun. She's heading home and is unlikely to follow some dude she barely knows in another direction. My best guess is Arya refuses Jaqen's offer so he gives her the coin as the best way to protect he can without physically being there.

I hope their road trip is included..... It was pure fun. Along with Jaime/Brienne, the Arya/Hound interaction is the best IMO. Funny but also interesting and giving insight to both their characters. I think they will include it, otherwise Rory mc Cann will get no more screen time in the show, and I don't think anyone's ready for that

Arya and Sandor's interaction is much needed for Arya's character development. In the simplistic world of television, Sandor's beliefs have pretty much been summed up by "all men are killers" (as he has incessantly repeated during this entire season) and Arya is having a crash course on this sad reality. Much like in the books, Sandor will be paramount for the sedimentation of her "education". He is another step she must go through to form her warrior persona (she is warring through life, that little one).

I hate the concept that some people have of Arya as a cold-blooded killer. I think of her as a survivor, as someone who had to become who she is at this point in the books to make it. She has been peeled off like an onion. Things have been taken away from her bit by bit but she will not go without a good fight. Sorry to go a bit off-topic!

I think the showed Jaquen in the preview because the Arya/Hot Pie/Gendry escape from episode 8 wasn't fully concluded. He needs to give her the coin, change his face, and give her the words.

As mentioned, Arya has no reason to leave Westeros. The whole reason she started the journey North was to go home, which is what she probably still plans to do.

My only worry is that these long road voyages are tough to translate on screen. I mean, when I read the book, I was constantly referring to the maps, because their location at the time of certain incidents is important. It was always "she's so close!" and then BAM! tragedy.

I agree with all (most?) of you that it should/will be shown. I'm still going to be amazed when/if they manage to sustain a Harry Potter-like longevity on HBO.

They have been able to do it with True Blood. The TV show is based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris (which were quite altered and tweaked) and it still goes on strong!

Any more cutting of arya scense and im gonna have a problem

They aren't in Riverrun in the TV series... I don't even recall it being mentioned in the TV version as of yet, so realistically all she knows as to location is he's somewhere in the Riverlands (where ever Tywin last heard of him being before he left Harenhall since in the TV series she was at his war council meetings)...

Why would Arya go with Jaqen? As far as she knows her mother, and brothers are all around Riverrun. She's heading home and is unlikely to follow some dude she barely knows in another direction. My best guess is Arya refuses Jaqen's offer so he gives her the coin as the best way to protect he can without physically being there.

Arya's travels with The Hound was one of the best parts of the book, IMO. The TV show seems to point in that direction too, so I would be surprised if they skipped the entire Arya/Hound plotline in season 3. I really enjoy watching Maisie as Arya and Rory McCann is spot on as The Hound, and it would be great to see them together.

Archived