[Book Spoilers] How Much More Will We See Of Bronn?

Craven Mummer

They'll give him stuff to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched the whole Lolly plot. Just have him rewarded in some other way. Maybe when Tyrion jumps ship (haha) he could hang with Jamie as an Ilyn Payne substitute.

They have gone through the trouble of making him a more prominent character. I think its fair to say that we will feature in all the subsequent seasons and I couldn't be happier. He is awesome...!

yeah just like Irri.... i'm still sour about that

I am guessing this has been brought up before.

Why is Bronn so mysterious about his background... plus he seems to have the skills way above average for a common sellsword.

("O you never heard of him.")

Note also, he is the one who found Shae and she too has never told her back story. She is reticent to tell it, and in this E9 does not get to tell it.

(Actually Bronn does not tell Tryion who he got Shae from.)

I think all the above is true about the books too?

Odd? Bronn and Shae connected in some way?

Maybe not.

I am guessing this has been brought up before.

Why is Bronn so mysterious about his background... plus he seems to have the skills way above average for a common sellsword.

("O you never heard of him.")

Note also, he is the one who found Shae and she too has never told her back story. She is reticent to tell it, and in this E9 does not get to tell it.

(Actually Bronn does not tell Tryion who he got Shae from.)

I think all the above is true about the books too?

Odd? Bronn and Shae connected in some way?

Maybe not.

Could be . . . are Bronn and Shae related? Is Shae his sister? Bronn's skills so far on TV at least are far beyond D. Naahris and other great sell sword warriors in the books. Bronn is a "Navy Seal" type of sell sword and his knowledge of things is far above someone baseborn.

Is Bronn one of those high born lads looking for adventure that Yoren talked about to Tyrion last season? According to the books The Red Viper was that type of person, a high born lad who became a sell sword and practiced magic.

I fear that they will make him a kingsguard to keep him around in season 3

Nah, totally not Bronn's character. I think we'll continue to see him and I imagine the non-readers will be in for quite a disappointment when he doesn't agree to champion Tyrion. What I always liked about that was it was real. Bronn likes Tyrion but he only cares about money and won't be deterred. He's not Han Solo coming back and flying to the rescue.

It's possible we'll still see Bronn when Cersei becomes Queen Regent for Tommen. Maybe he can be the one to tell her that they named the kid Tyrion.

they don't even really have to shoe horn a whole lot - he is commander of the GC as well, so having him around going forward isn't going to be that hard to keep him involved and around the main cast of KL.

Dont think so.

b- Martin has said he has a significant part in the upcoming books.

Wen Martin said this ?! Any quotes perhaps ?

Btw. I really don't understand what is the point of his scene with Hound. I loved the scene, but why was it written ?

I didnt like that scene, Sandor would have just ripped Bronn's face off if he tried sticking him with that blade.

I'm actually starting to dislike the Bronn character, or maybe I'm just getting sick of how much screen time he has gotten in the last couple episodes.

I didnt like that scene, Sandor would have just ripped Bronn's face off if he tried sticking him with that blade.

I'm actually starting to dislike the Bronn character, or maybe I'm just getting sick of how much screen time he has gotten in the last couple episodes.

Really ? I think you might be in a minority because i love Bronn in every scene he's in . Or maybe you're just a Hound fanboy j/k .

Wen Martin said this ?! Any quotes perhaps ?

Btw. I really don't understand what is the point of his scene with Hound. I loved the scene, but why was it written ?

Since Martin wrote the episode maybe he's planning to have the Hound face Bronn later in the series .

Personally, having just reread SoS, I wouldn't mind them doing the same ending of Bronn as in the books. It's a nice bittersweet goodbye between old friends, and no one dies! Bronn comes into Tyrions cell, they talk, and Bronn having been made a knight and getting married, refuses to be Tyrions champion. That would make a great TV scene. Especially if they keep this dialogue.

"Bronn hesitated at the door. "What will you do, imp?"

"Kill Gregor myself. Won't that make for a jolly song?"

"I hope I hear them sing it." Bronn grinned one last time, and walked out of the door, the castle, and his life.

he's still got a good season or more to go, especially, considering he'll be gone around the time of the purple wedding, cant remenber when exactly when it was in the books, and then for all we know he'll only take a two year break out from thrones with the aDwD and aFfC seasons, which are probably going to be put together, i think its more than likely bronn will turn up again in tWoW or aDoS, and yh its possible he'll be written into other storylines, but i reckon that'd be more likely when he's still about in KL rather than when he's gone

I didnt even read the op, Just assumed that this is a pro-show-Bronn thread. I dont see why he wint be around for the next 2 seasons bare minimum.

That guy has acted his way into my top 6 with arya, varys, joffrey, cersei, theon and now bronn.

what if, they replaced kettleblack's role in ASOS with bronn, leading to the eventual reveal that bronn as been a LF plant the whole time.

it'd be a way to get a lot more mileage out of a good actor

My guess is they'll keep him around for the next two seasons just like in the books. But eventually they'll have to cut him out to make room for other characters like Victarion, Euron, Ramsay and his Crew, Edmure and the Blackfish, The Reeds. They can't afford to pay everyone.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved some sort of Tyrion/Bronn farewell scene to this upcoming episode. Bronn telling Tyrion he was knighted and that he's leaving, It would make the audience sympathize even more for Tyrion. I hope they don't, I really do like the way he's portrayed in the show and the guy who plays him, but seems like a possibility. And tho I do like him, it's more important for me to see the Reeds, Victarion, etc...

Also, I wonder if his sigil in the show will be changed to a flaming arrow instead of a flaming chain? small detail, but it interests me.

Archived