[Book Spoilers] How Much More Will We See Of Bronn?

Craven Mummer

Martin has said he has a significant part in the upcoming books.

If true, this is a good thing. One wonders how much of an interaction there is between the series and the books. Not in the obvious sense that the series follows (more or less) the books, but in the sense that the audience reaction to the characters in the series influences the future books. Bronn written and acted in the series is a signficant enhancement (as Bronn Series would say). The rejoinder to "You fought without honor." "No, but he did," as his opponent flies out of the Aerie, is a classic line that does not appear in the book, for one example. Even if Bronn gets put to pasture as in the book, I expect him to return now to both.

If I remember correctly he gets married (to Lollys) and vanishes pretty soon. I'm wondering if they'll write him in elsewhere since he's become popular and is recognizable. They have spent alot of time developing him to ride off in the sunset,

(null)

How much more? I wouldn't mind if Sandor chops him to bits on his way out of town. Sandor kicks major ass.

If I remember correctly he gets married (to Lollys) and vanishes pretty soon. I'm wondering if they'll write him in elsewhere since he's become popular and is recognizable. They have spent alot of time developing him to ride off in the sunset,

yeah, he then comes back and has that one conversation where he asks tyrion if he can provide two castles and two lordships, that's why i would not be surprised to see him usurp kettleblacks role as he did bywater's

someone has probably said it, but I recall George noting certain characters had done so well on the show that he wanted to feature them more in the books, Osha comes to mind, Bronn as well. I think D&D have been surprised at how good Jon and Ygritte interact, so I wonder if they write in more dialogue there too.

Even four I believe. If red wedding is end of Season 3, Purple Wedding half way through season 4, Tyrions trial second last episode ending with the viper. So he could be there in all season 3 and 4.

And, because AFfC and ADwD will be combined to make the timeline make more sense to the TV viewership and not to write Tyrion out of a full season, they could tell Bronn's story with the Stokeworth family, marrying the lackwit Lollys, raising his bastard Tyrion, killing his goodbrother in single combat, and exacting a confession that Cersei sent Ser Balmon to kill him. Sure most would be vignettes, but the joust and confession would be outstanding and leave him out there as an enemy of Cersei and Tommen.

Also, I wonder if his sigil in the show will be changed to a flaming arrow instead of a flaming chain? small detail, but it interests me.

I was wondering the same thing. Now I think I know the answer.

All season I've been trying to figure out the sigil that appears next to Jerome Flynn's name in the opening credits. Fans have claimed it was a flaming chain, but it looked too different. Now I realize it's a soaring arrow, the same he loosed in "Blackwater" to ignite the wildfire. So there's your answer: Bronn's sigil in the show.

I was wondering the same thing. Now I think I know the answer.

All season I've been trying to figure out the sigil that appears next to Jerome Flynn's name in the opening credits. Fans have claimed it was a flaming chain, but it looked too different. Now I realize it's a soaring arrow, the same he loosed in "Blackwater" to ignite the wildfire. So there's your answer: Bronn's sigil in the show.

Now that's just brilliant!

I seem to recall a while back a convo where it seemed to be agreed that Bronn looked very much like a black brotherhood deserter, a la Mance Rider, I think that background suits his portrayal in the series very well...

And, because AFfC and ADwD will be combined to make the timeline make more sense to the TV viewership and not to write Tyrion out of a full season, they could tell Bronn's story with the Stokeworth family, marrying the lackwit Lollys, raising his bastard Tyrion, killing his goodbrother in single combat, and exacting a confession that Cersei sent Ser Balmon to kill him. Sure most would be vignettes, but the joust and confession would be outstanding and leave him out there as an enemy of Cersei and Tommen.

doubt this will happen. this means introducing several characters for what would be a very minimal sideplot.

and they have enough on their plate as is.

I am guessing this has been brought up before.

Why is Bronn so mysterious about his background... plus he seems to have the skills way above average for a common sellsword.

("O you never heard of him.")

Note also, he is the one who found Shae and she too has never told her back story. She is reticent to tell it, and in this E9 does not get to tell it.

(Actually Bronn does not tell Tryion who he got Shae from.)

I think all the above is true about the books too?

Odd? Bronn and Shae connected in some way?

Maybe not.

Wow, I like where you are going with that. Never heard that theory but it really all makes sense. Not sure how Shae and Bronn could be related though but maybe connected somehow.

Bronn's book storyline is unresolved. When last we heard about him, he was gathering swords while claiming lordship over territory just north of King's Landing. Whoever comes to power is going to have to deal with him eventually.

In the meantime, I recall a shot of a man tearing a girl's dress during the riot scene. I didn't pay close attention (and wasn't on these forums at that point), so I could be mistaken, but I assumed that was meant to be Lollys. They can just have a sentence about marrying Bronn off to some lackwit without developing the Stokeworths in detail.

what if, they replaced kettleblack's role in ASOS with bronn, leading to the eventual reveal that bronn as been a LF plant the whole time.

it'd be a way to get a lot more mileage out of a good actor

They wouldn't even need to make Bronn to have been a LF plant the entire time. Just say that LF was able to earn his loyalty while Tyrion was convalescing from the injury sustained in battle. I wouldn't even mind seeing him help LF get Sansa out of the city at the end of the PW.

They wouldn't even need to make Bronn to have been a LF plant the entire time. Just say that LF was able to earn his loyalty while Tyrion was convalescing from the injury sustained in battle. I wouldn't even mind seeing him help LF get Sansa out of the city at the end of the PW.

yeah, I don't think he can have been a plant - the intersection of Bronn & Tyrion was a little too random for LF to have been able to plan that. It would be plausible if LF did gain Bronn as a resource once they reached KL. Bronn, in his own words, has been dealing with a better class of people now.

yeah, I don't think he can have been a plant - the intersection of Bronn & Tyrion was a little too random for LF to have been able to plan that. It would be plausible if LF did gain Bronn as a resource once they reached KL. Bronn, in his own words, has been dealing with a better class of people now.

Bronn will definitely be back. Cersei tried to have him killed. Bronn made the man confess the crime and point the finger at Cersei, then killed him and is currently the accepted Lord Protector of Stokeworth. He has only gotten more powerful and could come to play if there is scent of Tyrion's return to Westeros.

very true. very possible for LF to corrupt Bronn once Tyrion has brought him to KL and could still do all the things that Kettleblack needs to do, other than Sansa recognizing his father

Archived