Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones House Lannister Poster
House Lannister Poster
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

[Book Spoilers] Lena Headey was brilliant!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 evening gale

evening gale

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I replayed her last scene in Blackwater at least 4 times. I loved the right profile shot of her sitting on the throne, hand clutching her little boy's shoulder. Her smile and the lines on her face lent such sympathy to a character I normally love to hate. It was a beautiful portrayal of a mother reassuring her son in what she thought would be the final moments of their lives. I found myself saying a little prayer for her to prevail. Superb. I cannot wait for tonight!

#62 I'll pay the iron price

I'll pay the iron price

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I replayed her last scene in Blackwater at least 4 times. I loved the right profile shot of her sitting on the throne, hand clutching her little boy's shoulder. Her smile and the lines on her face lent such sympathy to a character I normally love to hate. It was a beautiful portrayal of a mother reassuring her son in what she thought would be the final moments of their lives. I found myself saying a little prayer for her to prevail. Superb. I cannot wait for tonight!

/agree.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':agree:' /> I hate Cersei too but Lena Headey played the part of worried mother sitting on the throne outstandingly!!!
And when Tywin marched through the door that took my breath away!

#63 A Bong of Ice and Fire

A Bong of Ice and Fire

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

I previously thought Lena Headey was a pretty much a hack actress just capable of giving us a cartoon Cersei with 1 facial expression.

I was wrong.

To really shine all she needed was good writing. And here she got, well, the best - GRRM.