Rains of Castamere

Mixta

I'm still not very fond of The National version. But I absolutely loved Bronn & Co singing, it sounded amazing. :wub:

I'm in this boat. I liked the Bronn version, but I didn't care for the end credits version. If they stick to the book's way of incorporating it

into the RW, the melody needs to be a familiar one by that time.

So hopefully it will get some more exposition and a more fleshed out rendition,

likely from Tom O'Sevens early next season if I had to guess.

When I heard it, my first thought was "where have I heard that before?!?". Had to go re-watch S2Ep1 to confirm, yup, that's what Tyrion was whistleing on his way to the small council meeting :laugh: And then again in Ep2!

Loved it!!

I didn't know the band before, but it sounds a little like something, Nick Cave could do - so that's positive. I would have loved a more medieval musical approach, but this is ok for me too. It's very fitting for the things to come.

BTW: there are some more songs mentioned in the books... so there's hope for Nick Cave ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting because the way they chose to record it in the show was so much different than what I had imagined while reading the book. For some reason, I had pictured it as a bit louder and more energetic but I have to admit that the direction they took it in was AMAZING.

It's so soft and so raw that I think it takes the whole read-between-the-lines theme that is so prevalent in the book to a whole new level. It's so understated and so simplistic and beautiful that it really underscores the deeper meaning of the song.

Maybe I'm biased because I've read the books and I know what's coming in the next few seasons, but I think the simplicity of it makes it almost threatening.

As it was meant to be in the books since the Rains of Castamere is supposed to be a warning to rebellious lords.

Brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived