Best change in character from book to series?

Batman

Cersei from the show is more interesting than the one in the book.

This. Book Cersei is like a damn cartoon villain sometimes. She is interesting, but it is a little hard to take her seriously. So far on the show, Cersei seems to have more layers and depth to her character than Jaime. It's the opposite situation in the books.

And OMG, I cannot wait until we get to see Cersei and Marg squaring off over Tommen. The bitchiness will be epic. That should be some great TV right there :D

The biggest difference for me is the use of invisible horses on the TV show, a major change from the books. I can't wait until next week when we get to see the Hound riding an invisible Stranger away from KL.

Maybe Viserys, though I can't put my finger on what exactly is changed. Maybe it's just Harry Lloyd's charisma - in the books Viserys felt very flat to me and in the show I was genuinely interested in him and he was a favorite of mine.

I sort of like the show's Cersei, and she's quite different than in the books. More so in the first season, though, where she was very much a sympatetic character (which in and of itself is a massive difference); in the second season, she's closer to the books' character when put against Tyrion.

It isn't just you. Jorah is supposed to be hairy and ugly. The Jorah of the show is actually good looking and doesn't look hairier than most.

He's also got a great voice... reminds me of Alec Guiness,

Talisa/ Jeyne because anything is better than one note boring as hell book Jeyne.

Cersei because she's a much more complex villain.

Cat for the same reason as Cersei.. She is a mama bear like Cersei, not a nag like in the books.

OK, is it just me or is the actor way too good looking to play that character? I am probably a poor judge since I am not interested in men, but he seems like a handsome, distunguished man.

Yeah, but I like Tv Jorah.

Also I am now on board with TV Cersei, after the Blackwater episode.

Yeah, but I like Tv Jorah.

Also I am now on board with TV Cersei, after the Blackwater episode.

I didnt say it was a bad thing, Dany doesnt have the excuse of "I am just not attracted to him"

Roose hasn't done that much, but I like that he's much less of an obvious villain. Frankly, anyone that didn't see Roose betraying Robb from the start is not very bright, to say the least: the guy is incredibly sinister, sends only soldiers that aren't his to die, the name of his castle is the Dreadfort, his family had 300 rebellions against the Starks and flayed some of them alive, etc, etc. Just too much of an obvious villain.

The TV show definitely needs to submit Best Actor and Best Supporting Actors for the Emmys next year ( for this season), and not just make everyone a supporting actor.

If the show does that, nobody will be nominated. None of characters has screen time enough to be nominated in leading, and in fact most have much less than the other actors nominated as supporting.

It's got to be Roose for me. Could not like him in the slightest in the book but now I love every scene he's in. I think I'll be high fiving during the RW though that may be more to do with Robb's new found unlikeability

Is it just me or is Roose having a lot of uncomfortable eye contact with 'Talisa' every time they cross paths coming and going from Robb's tent? Does this feed the conspiracy theory that the Westerlings trapped Robb with malice aforethought into breaking his agreement with the Freys?

Characters I liked better in the show:

1. Tyrion Lannister - alright, he isn't as dark and misogynistic (yet) as in the books, or as physically ugly. I don't care. I could watch TV-Tyrion all day; I love his voice, his snark, and he's attractive. That small man definitely casts a large shadow (and it doesn't have to murder anyone to be impressive)!

2. Jorah Mormont - ah, Jorah of the Mighty Cheekbones. And the sky-blue eyes. And the lyrical voice. Do I care that he's not a hairy bear? Uh, no. And he can act, too.

3. Osha. Her scene with Theon in the first season sold me on the character even more than in the book.

4. Brienne. She comes alive in the series; I loved seeing her fight.

5. Sam. I don't know why, but I like TV-Sam better than book-Sam; maybe it's the voice, which is rather musical.

Archived