[Book Spoilers] Pre-air Discussion

Arkash

I predict arya will run into JH, will not kill anyone and get the coin

Yeah, I doubt she'll kill anyone at this point. If they wanted to show her kill someone they would've done it during their Harrenhall escape.

Whoa! First Blackwater and now this? This season is getting awesomer every minute!

As for the "Theon plans to call his men to action, but Luwin has some important advice for him first" I think that Theon is perhaps going to play Ser Rodrik's part. He won't get his hand chopped off, but I'm guessing he'll consider an alliance with the Bastard of Dreadfort, after being charmed by him and Luwin will advise him not to open the gates to the Boltons. Theon won't listen, enter sack of Winterfell.

I could be utterly and totally wrong though :P

Whoa! First Blackwater and now this? This season is getting awesomer every minute!

As for the "Theon plans to call his men to action, but Luwin has some important advice for him first" I think that Theon is perhaps going to play Ser Rodrik's part. He won't get his hand chopped off, but I'm guessing he'll consider an alliance with the Bastard of Dreadfort, after being charmed by him and Luwin will advise him not to open the gates to the Boltons. Theon won't listen, enter sack of Winterfell.

I could be utterly and totally wrong though :P

Well I think that just refers to the actual advice Luwin gave to Theon in the book when the army is at the gates and all appears lost...to surrender and request to take the black because all the northern lords respect that right.

Well, we WILL have the Fist of the First Men, since in the soundtrack, there is a music called "Three Blasts"...

Yeah, and we heard/saw the three blasts in the cold winds teaser trailer.

Well I think that just refers to the actual advice Luwin gave to Theon in the book when the army is at the gates and all appears lost...to surrender and request to take the black because all the northern lords respect that right.

Ah yes, now that you mention it, that sounds much better. Oops on my part :)

Remind me, did Theon decide to take the black in the books before he opened the gates for Ramsay? I forgot about that.

Will Tywin's horse drop a load in the throne room? That gave me a chuckle in the book because I could see how it would happen, but I doubt HBO will show it. They seem to prefer sex even if the participants don't seem to be enjoying it. Beyond that, there are so many things out of sequence, I'm not sure what will be included. I would bet that the sack of Winterfell will be the first episode next season. One thing I am certain of is that if Ramsay appears, he won't be called Ramsay Snow. If they changed Robert Arryn ro Robin, lest anyone confuse him with Robert Baratheon, or Asha Greyjoy to Yara so no one would confuse her with Osha, they certainly won't want anyone to think Ramsay Snow and Jon Snow are related. Do TV writers and executives really think the audience is that dumb?

Hopefully, the House of the Undying will be more than a quick way to re-unite Dany with her dragons and make a quick exit from Qarth. I don't think Jon vs. Qhorin will make it into the show. As far a Hagar and Arya, your guess is as good as mine.

Remind me, did Theon decide to take the black in the books before he opened the gates for Ramsay? I forgot about that.

Yeah, he actually really like the idea and started thinking/fantasying about how high he could rise in the Nights Watch and be first ranger one day and I'm pretty sure he even thinks about the possibility of getting some wilding strange. But then one of his guys rushes up to tell him that the Northerners are fighting each other and then Reek drops the dead bodies of Cassell, the boy lord (was he a darry or flint?), and the other leader of the host down at the door and Theon commands his men to open the gates.

At least I won't have to see Smiler burning alive because that made me cry in the books...I loved that horse.

Am I hearing Jaqen say to Ayra: 'You must come with me?' Then she says: 'I want to.' Go with him to Braavos, maybe?

She says 'I'd want to ...' or 'I don't want to' and I think the 'I'd want to ...' will become 'I'd want to but I can't blablabla'. No way she's leaving Westeros now.

Don't think the three horns will be on, would be a perfect way to open season 3, speaking of which 43 weeks to go....

As has been pointed out at the top of the page, the final track on the soundtrack is "Three Blasts", so we will be seeing the Others attacking the Night's Watch.

Am I hearing Jaqen say to Ayra: 'You must come with me?' Then she says: 'I want to.' Go with him to Braavos, maybe?

Seems like it'll be like the books more or less.

"You must come with me"

"I want to, but I can't right now."

*Jaqen gives her the coin for future use*.

She won't be leaving Westeros just yet.

We know that the last scene shot was with Luwin, Osha, Bran, Rickon and Hodor. I don't whether this means they will show all of them depart from Winterfell, or have Luwin's death scene after the Sack.

Then I hope they keep the sack for season 3.

I hope they don't have Luwin surviving the sack. Ramsay needs all the screentime he can get to show how twisted he is and I don't want the Reeds to be replaced by either Luwin or Osha.

I hope they don't have Luwin surviving the sack. Ramsay needs all the screentime he can get to show how twisted he is and I don't want the Reeds to be replaced by either Luwin or Osha.

I hope they do the Sack this season, it would be a great material for the finale. My theory: Luwin advices Theon to take the black. Theon decides to do so. Bolton guys arrive. Luwin and Theon conversation about the Boltons and his future at the Wall. Theon opens the gates. The Bolton men rush inside and sack Winterfell. Screen fades to black. Bran, Osha, Rickon and Hodor walk out of the crypts. They meet Luwin in the godswood. Luwin dies after giving Osha's his advice. They leave a burning Winterfell behind on their journey to the Wall.

For the Reeds, they'll added to the cast next season. Jojen will say something like: 'My dreams told me you were here.'

Yeah, and we heard/saw the three blasts in the cold winds teaser trailer.

And I would love if the last shot of the season was this same shot ! Not seing the men on the Fist nor the WW... just the landscape, leaving everything else in the unknown until next season.

Well, I mean, after seing the men on the Fist, we have this shot, to locate the place at least.

Nah, I hope we'll see the sack next week already. Because seeing how the Night Watch is screwed and how Jon breaks his vows, Tywin steals Tyrion's glory and Dany... Eh, who cares about her... is not depressing enough for one episode :)

I agree on the Reeds though.

Archived