[Book Spoilers] Pre-air Discussion

Arkash

Just an unrelated question. Do the people who haven't read the books really understand what three horn blasts mean? Can't remember if it's mentioned in the show.

Otherwise, the blasts could be heard and the brothers would comment on it in terror; that the White Walkers are coming.

Just an unrelated question. Do the people who haven't read the books really understand what three horn blasts mean? Can't remember if it's mentioned in the show.

Otherwise, the blasts could be heard and the brothers would comment on it in terror; that the White Walkers are coming.

Sam said it once or twice but they could do it like this:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Sam: 'Jon! Jon is returning!'

Sam: 'Oh, no, wildlings!'

Sam: 'Shit, I just pissed myself.'

Blue eyes in the dark appear. Camera zooms out. Screen fades to black.

Something I noticed in the preview;

Look at the person behind Brienne here: http://i.imgur.com/ARzjP.png.

Even though blurry, he looks like Rorge: http://images2.wikia...e_and_Biter.jpg

So I assume (if I'm not completely wrong) Brienne and Jaime will be captured by the Bloody Mummers.

Now I might also be wrong and this turns out to be Robb's men.

Wow, yeah! Nice find!

EDIT: Just thought about the description of next episode 'Brienne silences Jaime.' Guess they will have a sword fight, Brienne wins, Bloody Mummers show up, Jaime and Brienne are tired from their previous fight, they get caught, end of the season.

No, I dont think it is Rorge. Brienne seems to kill those guys, I guess they are some of the Stark men sent to catch back the Kingslayer...

They wont have the rock destroying the ship, to complex to shoot, instead we will have this small fight scene, I guess.

Why is Jaquen saying "You must come with me"?

Did he try to seduce her into going with him to Bravos in the books? Can anyone remember?

There could be something else they'll be doing, like some sort of adapted kill. And he uses the reference "A girl must come. This is her work after all." OR Jaqen's simply saying must instead of can. Which I understand means come with him, she denies him and tells him she'd like to but she can't right now. He gives her the coin for future use. That's how I believe it'll be.

Regarding Ramsay; I don't think we'll see him at all this season. D&D already said they don't want to cast major characters in the last episode of a season, because this means they'll have to put the actor on hold for another year.

The way I see it going down; One of Theon's men (Lorren/Dagmer) informing him about the Bolton army that has arrived outside Winterfell. Then (as seen in the preview), Theon rallies his men and start getting them ready to fight. Commence speech, cheering etc. While this is going on, Luwin tells Bran & Co to head for the Wall ("Luwin offers some final advise", as written in the synopsis), and they sneak out of Winterfell.

Sam specifically explained the 3 blasts 2-3 episodes ago when talking to Jon, Grenn and Edd on the Fist. It's when Qhorin first arrives to meet the Night Watch. I think it was also mentioned by Sam back in Season 1 while he and Jon were on the Wall.

It's a scene that is dying to be placed as a season ending cliffhanger. That along with the reveal of Mance's camp that Jon will see in his final scene will give real stakes to all the storylines that took place North of the Wall this year. Many non-book readers have complained about there being no point to all of the stories happening with Jon and the Night Watch this season. Having the Wilding army revealed and a surprise attack of the Walkers on the Fist is a perfect way to dispel those notions.

Regarding Ramsay; I don't think we'll see him at all this season. D&D already said they don't want to cast major characters in the last episode of a season, because this means they'll have to put the actor on hold for another year.

The way I see it going down; One of Theon's men (Lorren/Dagmer) informing him about the Bolton army that has arrived outside Winterfell. Then (as seen in the preview), Theon rallies his men and start getting them ready to fight. Commence speech, cheering etc. While this is going on, Luwin tells Bran & Co to head for the Wall ("Luwin offers some final advise", as written in the synopsis), and they sneak out of Winterfell.

I don't know I could have sworn reading around when they were shooting that they shot a scene of Winterfell burning to the ground. That plus the info that the scene of Bran coming out of the crypt was shot too. And I think there is still a shot from the early season previews of Bran hiding in the Crpt that we haven't seeen. Unless Dagmer is Ramsey or they have a helmeted Ramsey, I don't see a way out of introducing Ramsey.

I think it's some fancy editing to make it look like it's Ygritte but the sword most likely belongs to Qhorin and they just don't want to give away the duel in the preview.

I do think there is some editing b/c Jon has a sword in one of the shots, but it still looks like she takes a slice at him in the first shot.

Or maybe Theon could go and send Luwin to talk with Ramsay... Luwin would explain that Bran and Rickon are still alive and Ramsay would just shrug it off and kill Luwin and proceed to sack Winterfell.

That would be gruesomely awesome plus we don't necessarily need to see who is playing Ramsay if it's shot through his pov. It would create tremendous expectation and give an instant fascinating bad guy quality to Ramsay.

OTOH they probably need Luwin to guide Bran since/if the Reeds don't show up.

Or maybe Theon could go and send Luwin to talk with Ramsay... Luwin would explain that Bran and Rickon are still alive and Ramsay would just shrug it off and kill Luwin and proceed to sack Winterfell.

That would be gruesomely awesome plus we don't necessarily need to see who is playing Ramsay if it's shot through his pov. It would create tremendous expectation Ramsay would instantly become a fascinating bad guy. And book-readers would have something to be curious about: what does he look like?

That would be gruesomely awesome plus we don't necessarily need to see who is playing Ramsay if it's shot through his pov. It would create tremendous expectation Ramsay would instantly become a fascinating bad guy. And book-readers would have something to be curious about: what does he look like?

Ramsay was mentioned earlier, I think he has to appear even if we don't see his face. Even if it's just a looming threat. Please.

I'll be very interested to see exactly what they do with Theon's storyline in the finale as it's the only one (along with what exactly Dany will do in the HOTU) that I am unable to predict what's going to happen with any certainty. I am having a very tough time trying to understand how they will incorporate Ramsay Snow (who has been mentioned on the show and is scheduled to show up in the finale) when they have not cast anyone for the part. Of course you can have an extra in full armor who doesn't speak but I find that to be a very strange introduction for a major character who would be playing a large role in future seasons (next year most likely if you want to give Alfie Allen something to do instead of sidelining him for a full 2 years). I have a hard time envisioning how the sack of Winterfall would be explained if all you've got is a silent extra whose face you can't see attempting to show that not only are they retaking Winterfell, they're betraying Robb Stark. Someone has to verbally put forth some kind of explanation of this to Theon (as Reek does in the books) to communicate it to the audience. Otherwise, it's just going to look like Bolton took back Winterfell from the Ironborn as commanded by Robb.

The only explanation I could come up with was that like Reek in the books, Ramsay is a character who has already been introduced to the audience. I don't necessarily subscribe to the Dagmer=Ramsay theory but it's the one that's more dramatically powerful (while opening a few logic holes in the process). Maybe that's not where the storyline is headed at all and I'm just over-thinking things but this is the portion of the finale I'm most looking forward to because I have absolutely no idea of how this plotline is going to be executed.

Also, I think people who are hoping for the introduction of the Reeds next season in some form will get their answer in the finale. If Luwin lives, he'll almost assuredly take Osha's place with Rickon to Skagos and the Reeds will be replaced with Osha. If Luwin dies as suspected, then there is a strong possibility that Bran and crew will be running into them early next season.

Yet they've mentioned him, I think he has to appear even if we don't see his face. Please.

(I'll buy the blurays even though I don't have a bluray player)

Archived