Tapatalk/Facebook Issue

J_Crews

Finally figured out what was going wrong... There is another forum that pops up when you search for a forum of ice and fire through taptalk. I searched again and was able to find the real forum. Connected to that no problem and am posting this from my jail broken iPhone 4s with Installous TapTalk. As is often the case, this was a matter of operator error. Thanks again for all of the help!

I installed TapaTalk last week and experienced the same thing. That other Westeros.org forum showing up on TapaTalk confused me. :D

There's another forum... ? Hrm.

When I used the keyword "Westeros", the choices that appeared include: "A Song of Ice and Fire" and "A Forum of Ice and Fire". I initially chose the latter for obvious reasons, and it ended up with errors connecting (I couldn't connect at all). I thought it was with the app at first, then tried option 1 and it worked. Further checking and option 2 has the wrong URL too. :)

I've tried to update the name that will appear in Tapatalk to make it clearer which one is the real forum. It looks like someone briefly tried to run their own 'Forum of Ice and Fire' on the Westeros domain they've been squatting on for a decade, but a look at Google suggests nothing but spam bots filled it up until they quit bothering.

Let me know if the name change has propagated -- it may take awhile.

Archived