Biggest Plot And Logic Failures (likely Spoilers)

WrathOfTinyKittens

damn it, I don't get it. please explain. thanks.

on the off-chance you're serious, i will explain the greatest post on this board.

in the wheel of time, perrin feels that the other two main characters are much better with girls than he is. (at the same time, the other two characters think the exact same thing and constantly harp about it)

soo as someone mistakenly wrote perrin instead of pippin in a post about LOTR....... throw in the fact that all the hobbits are gay for each other........

I think Perrin was also the one who was always tugging his braid too right?

no that was galadriel

wtf i was smoking when i wrote that post

it was a perfectly freudian moment of the return of the repressed, but instead of through a slip of the tongue, it was through an "erroneous" keystroke.

what repression exactly is returning through this subconscious communique? it could simply be the repression of the belief that jordan is derivative of tolkien, or it could be a complex moment of repressed desire to be a hobbit, or a homosexual hobbit, or a werewolf hobbit, or a homosexual hobbit werewolf. hell if i know.

But --

You have no way of knowing how many erstwhile Messiahs may have preceded Jesus, but somehow or other failed to fulfill all the criteria -- they didn't get crucified, they didn't happen to live in a time of conflict between Romans and Jews, whatever. Perhaps this Jesus guy just happened to come along at the right time for all the details to fall into line.

Apparently, Judaism has a sort of mythos that potential messiahs are born into every generation. But they only become full fledged Messiahs if all the external conditions happen to be right during their lifetimes. Using this interpretation, Jesus just happened to be the one who was born in conjunction with the external conditions that got him into the Bible.

Well, it wouldn't take a genius or a Messiah to realize that betrayal was a likely scenario for a revolutionary leader like that. And Judas wouldn't be the first person in history to have a change of heart after the fact, either.

Nope, you're seeing it backwards again. Saying that "it happened that way" and "it was more powerful because it happened that way" isn't at all the same thing as saying "this particular guy was predestined to make it happen that way".Let's see if I can make some sort of analogy......

Except i'm talking about the bible, not the other guys walking around or the simple fact that it is all a bunch of horseshit. The bible does not recognize other messiah's that could have been, many of its most ardent defenders claim it is a literal narrative of events. Judas, then, becomes a falacy in that in order for god to sacrifice his son, his son had to die. For him to die, he had to be betrayed - though technically, he could have just let himself be arrested. But my point, and the point of this thread, is plot and logic failures. Many people believe that the holy spirit helped to write the bible, meaning it is without errors or problems because god took the wheel.

So god needed to sacrifice his son, Jesus then was betrayed, but someone needed to betray him. Judas was set up as the patsy. And it is not looking at backwards when i say "it is more powerful that way", as opposed to simply stating that it was predetermined. The bible is nothing if not an invaluable learning tool to understand how to best pull at human sympathy. It is practically predicated around the notion of manipulation, whether it be through acts of forgiveness, kindness, or villainy. Judas is a villain because the bible set him up to be one.

Because Jesus didn't kick Roman ass like he was suppose to. Instead he let himself be tortured to death. Judas's plan didn't turn out at all like he'd hoped.

So why are you using the version of Judas death found in Matthew and not the version of his death from the book of Acts? And why are you ignoring the most blatant explanation for Judas's actions?

Satan entering Judas, then only further illustrates my point that Judas had no choice in the matter. I mean, in a way one could view it as simple weakness on Judas's part to allow Satan in. That being said, if you consider that god created everything - and therefore must have created evil, even indirectly the old man was influencing events down below.

And i've never really liked Acts. Not sure why. But then again, i initially wrote my response as something of a joke, without any intention of this becoming a general discussion on the merits of the bible.

Except i'm talking about the bible, not the other guys walking around or the simple fact that it is all a bunch of horseshit.

Ehhh, the Bible is just an extremely small subset of Christian and pre-Christian religious literature, carefully selected and edited by an extremely small subset of elite Christian religious men, to best serve their own religious and political aspirations of that time. But I get your point about "The Bible" as an extant piece of literature. Will give it some more thought.....

never read WoT so had no idea who Perrin was. thanks!

Jeez, how can you never have read at least part of WoT?? Talk about essential literature....

;)

No, seriously, I don't think it's essential. But it's a shock to know that there's someone out there who has actually never read about the designs created by the seed pearls appliqued onto the bodice of some Aes Sedai's gown. Detail is NOT lacking in those books....

Archived