[Book spoilers] Final shot speculation

Howdyphillip

Last years finale ended on what could be the highlight of the entire series with the birth of dragons. I don't think that there is any way to leave this season on that kind of a high. There are several directions that the writers can exit this year, and I just wanted to examine a few of them.

1. Arya receives the coin from JH - Although I believe this will happen in the ep, I don't think this would be a way to close out

2. Danny's dragons burn the House of the Undying - This could be spectacular, but it leaves the season ending with destruction

3. The burning of Winterfell - a complete bummer, I don't think that the writers would want the last impression of this show to be so negative

4. Tyrion wakes - a nice narrative, but not climactic enough...

Here is what I think will happen. We are getting the Jon Snow and Halfhand fight. This could be earlier in the episode. I think that the last thing we see as the cameras pan away will be a shot of John and Ygrette looking down on the Fist with a full view of the wildling army with Giants and Mammoths included. It would be a perfect close for the season.

The final scene will be the attack on the Fist, why?

1. Sam & Co are in the previously on segment.
  2. The three blasts are in the Cold Winds teaser trailer.
  3. The final song on the soundtrack is called Three Blasts.

The final scene will be the attack on the Fist, why?

1. Sam & Co are in the previously on segment.
  2. The three blasts are in the Cold Winds teaser trailer.
  3. The final song on the soundtrack is called Three Blasts.

/thread over

Well, that's the final "scene." The last shot will probably either be a close-up of Sam looking frightened or a long-shot of the Fist with an army of Walker's approaching. The former seems more likely.

I could imagine that the final "real" scene is the attack on the Fist, with a large CGI army of blue-eyed white walkers coming up the slopes - and then, just before the credits roll, it cuts to a 10-second view of Theon being tortured in the Dreadfort. I know that it wouldn't be very true to the book chronology, but they will have to change that around anyway - they can't very well keep him out of view for all of season 3 and 4 and then have him show up again years later. "Hey, remember this guy from seasons 1 and 2? He's back now!"

1. The first chapter in ASoS with The Three Blasts, and Chett wetting himself. (Although, this would be a hell of a way to start season 3.)

2. They end with Dany again (like last season) with the visions and the House of the Undying. (I think they'll save her meeting Arstan and Belwas until next season.)

3. Jon and Qhoren.

4. Bran & Co come out of the crypts in the ruins of Winterfell - like the book. (And the Reeds are standing there, waiting for them....! They won't meet them until next season because of actor holds, but that would be cool, nonetheless.)

5. Jon and Qhoren, then a crane-heli shot that goes back to those ariel shots from the Stannis teaser of season 2 with only the three blasts. We see no one from the fist because there are new characters getting added for that scene (I hope), and again - due to actor holds they won't intro them until next season. We just hear the blasts... and fade to black - so they open with that for season 3.

tywins horse taking a shit will be the final shot. It is known.

Is everyone going to lose their minds when this doesn't happen?

The sheer cost alone of standing around waiting for a horse to shit and getting that in one take....... seriously. I just don't see it, and it doesn't move the story along at. all.

I'd rather they spent that time and money on better, more important stuff, like, more characters and the RW.

Yeah, Tywin's horse shitting is necessary at all...

I guess the last shot will be a aerian shot of nightfall Iceland (just like in the Cold Wind Tease) and fade to back alongside the last blast fades too in the distance (just as the camera gets futher and further from the FOFM before fading to black).

Archived