[Book spoilers] Final shot speculation

Howdyphillip

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K9GDvjyfPFc

I can definitely see this ending the episode.

Holy sh!t, that's an ominous piece of music!

definitely the 3 horns... a great way to end the season...

Agree completely. I'd almost put money on it.

An HBO executive will appear to inform us that season 3 is being replaced by a True Blood/GoT crossover series

If this happened, there's a good chance I'd end up on CNN and not in a good way (is there a good way?)... ;)

went to the forum and first thing i see is speculation about Bronn beating Jamie.... come on bro ha

Read ahead... amazing discussions about Stannis and Sansa over there !

Horn blast; Sam looks to Ed and says "Have we got rangers out?" Ed replies "nah, it'll be..."

2nd blast; close up of Sam looking nervous and flustered

3rd blast; camera zooms out from Sam's terrified face; and shows his crotch showing wet.

Fade to Black

Horn blast; Sam looks to Ed and says "Have we got rangers out?" Ed replies "nah, it'll be..."

2nd blast; close up of Sam looking nervous and flustered

3rd blast; camera zooms out from Sam's terrified face; and shows his crotch showing wet.

Fade to Black

Ba dum tsh

Everybody seems to think it will be three blasts or some variation on that storyline. I don't think that's good enough to close the season. None of those characters are major characters. We're much more likely to close up with Dany burning down the HOTU or opening Xaro's vault or (and I'm surprised that I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet) Jon Snow being brough to Mance Rayder's camp and them showing us just what a large army he already has.

I think it's also very likely that Jon killing Qhorin and maybe Ygritte saying "We're Going To Need To Get You A New Cloak" could be the final scene and final line, but I'd rather have Dany close out each season.

Sam might be killing a White Walker in the finale, after all, based on this. So, maybe we'll see a bit of the fight at the Fist.

"Access: So on to the Season 2 finale… Last we saw Sam, he found dragonglass in Episode 8. What’s coming up?

John: Without giving too much away, basically, Samwell, who doesn’t feel that he could ever really have much of an effect on anything when it comes to helping the Night’s Watch do what they have to do, suddenly finds through finding this dragonglass, this obsidian that he’s got, that he’s found a way of doing something that — up until then — was a complete mystery to anybody else. So, through this dragonglass, he finds his worth as a member of the Night’s Watch."

Sam might be killing a White Walker in the finale, after all, based on this. So, maybe we'll see a bit of the fight at the Fist.

"Access: So on to the Season 2 finale… Last we saw Sam, he found dragonglass in Episode 8. What’s coming up?

John: Without giving too much away, basically, Samwell, who doesn’t feel that he could ever really have much of an effect on anything when it comes to helping the Night’s Watch do what they have to do, suddenly finds through finding this dragonglass, this obsidian that he’s got, that he’s found a way of doing something that — up until then — was a complete mystery to anybody else. So, through this dragonglass, he finds his worth as a member of the Night’s Watch."

That would be awesome.

I think it's also very likely that Jon killing Qhorin and maybe Ygritte saying "We're Going To Need To Get You A New Cloak" could be the final scene and final line, but I'd rather have Dany close out each season.

I always thought that would be the final shot, with Jon killing Qhorin outside the waterfall surrounded by Rattleshirt's men. But then they kinda changed his story a bit so I'm not so sure.

Given how "Three Blasts" is the name of the final song on the soundtrack, can't help but think that the final shot will be of the wights emerging from the woods/bottom of the cliff followed by a quick shot of Sam, Grenn and Edd's horrified face. Season 3 kicking off straight where it left off.

Saying that, Dany fleeing the HotU with it burning in the background might be just as awesome.

Holy ****, nice find. Sounds like we are going to get more on that storyline than I thought.

Very interesting. It sounds like they’re pulling up some of Sam’s story arc from Storm then. That way he will actually have some sort of plot resolution this season.

If they had left Osha and the boys out of the previous episode, I would have said that her leading the boys out of the crypts and through the remains of Winterfell, finding a wounded Luwin and then leaving him, and Winterfell behind, would have closed out the season. Similar to the book.

Sad that Winterfell is sacked, but also positive that the boys are still alive.

Now that the suprise of Bran & Rickon being alive is gone from the TV show, my guess now is Dany leaving a burned down House of the Undying with her dragons will close out the season.

Archived