[Book spoilers] Final shot speculation

Howdyphillip

I don't know how they would quite pull it off on TV, but a fairly quick change of scenes: 1) Theon getting whacked by Ramsay...cut to 2) the smoldering embers of the House of the Undying with Dany walking away, not looking back...cut to 3) the look on Sam/Pyp/Grenn's face with three horn blasts...fade to black.

I think Snow/Quorin doesn't merit a closing scene...it will probably be the penultimate scene.

Sam might be killing a White Walker in the finale, after all, based on this. So, maybe we'll see a bit of the fight at the Fist.

"Access: So on to the Season 2 finale… Last we saw Sam, he found dragonglass in Episode 8. What’s coming up?

John: Without giving too much away, basically, Samwell, who doesn’t feel that he could ever really have much of an effect on anything when it comes to helping the Night’s Watch do what they have to do, suddenly finds through finding this dragonglass, this obsidian that he’s got, that he’s found a way of doing something that — up until then — was a complete mystery to anybody else. So, through this dragonglass, he finds his worth as a member of the Night’s Watch."

my bet is on Three Horn Blasts. but this.. so exciting! will we get to see sam the slayer?!

..this is my first post. been lurking around here for a few months now. :)

I imagine a scene with Jon, Ygritte and the Wildings (on the march to Mance's camp, after having killed Qhorin) with Jon asking why they want to attack the Watch or bring down the wall or something along though lines. Ygritte will say "You know nothing, Jon Snow" and then we'll cut to the Fist of the First Men. Random chatter between Sam and co - then the first horn blast, with Sam getting all excited that Jon is returning; a second horn blast and a call to arms is heard; the third horn blast and silence as the camera lingers on their frightened faces, or it pans back and you see something moving towards the Fist.

With no big reveal that Bran and Rickon are still alive, the three horn blasts has to be the final scene of the season.

I imagine a scene with Jon, Ygritte and the Wildings (on the march to Mance's camp, after having killed Qhorin) with Jon asking why they want to attack the Watch or bring down the wall or something along though lines. Ygritte will say "You know nothing, Jon Snow" and then we'll cut to the Fist of the First Men. Random chatter between Sam and co - then the first horn blast, with Sam getting all excited that Jon is returning; a second horn blast and a call to arms is heard; the third horn blast and silence as the camera lingers on their frightened faces, or it pans back and you see something moving towards the Fist...

Scroll back up and read the interview I posted with the guy who plays Sam. Seems pretty clear from his comments that we're likely to see some of Sam the Slayer in action.

Theres a picture of IMDB of Sam, Grenn and Edd for this episode, and I can't think of any other reason why they would be in it other than the 3 blasts, horrible way to end it for the people that haven't read it though

Why did the White Walker not kill Sam? Why did he look at him and walk on? Why did the wights not kill him? How is he going to survive this in anything like a reasonable manner? Why?

I knew they would end the season with three blasts, as that is the name of the last track on the soundtrack, but they totally botched it by having Sam there in the middle of it. There is literally no way for Sam to reasonably make it out of the situation alive. It is ridiculous that he is even still alive.

Last years finale ended on what could be the highlight of the entire series with the birth of dragons. I don't think that there is any way to leave this season on that kind of a high. There are several directions that the writers can exit this year, and I just wanted to examine a few of them.

1. Arya receives the coin from JH - Although I believe this will happen in the ep, I don't think this would be a way to close out

2. Danny's dragons burn the House of the Undying - This could be spectacular, but it leaves the season ending with destruction

3. The burning of Winterfell - a complete bummer, I don't think that the writers would want the last impression of this show to be so negative

4. Tyrion wakes - a nice narrative, but not climactic enough...

Here is what I think will happen. We are getting the Jon Snow and Halfhand fight. This could be earlier in the episode. I think that the last thing we see as the cameras pan away will be a shot of John and Ygrette looking down on the Fist with a full view of the wildling army with Giants and Mammoths included. It would be a perfect close for the season.

Hey, not bad, not bad at all! Do you ever go to the racetrack? How's your lottery number picking ability?

Why did the White Walker not kill Sam? Why did he look at him and walk on? Why did the wights not kill him? How is he going to survive this in anything like a reasonable manner? Why?

I knew they would end the season with three blasts, as that is the name of the last track on the soundtrack, but they totally botched it by having Sam there in the middle of it. There is literally no way for Sam to reasonably make it out of the situation alive. It is ridiculous that he is even still alive.

I'm curious to see how they handle that as well. I couldn't tell if the white walker's look was contemptuous or something else. Was he like, "I see you human...piss your pants and run to tell your story. You're beneath me." Or was it more in line with the walker identifying Sam as someone special that he's not supposed to touch? The latter doesn't make much sense but I was grasping for straws last night.

Because he is a useless coward??? :laugh: and everybody knows it? and it shows? ^_^

Archived