Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

I've probably said this a million times. But I have always imagined Sarah Bolger for The Tudors as Lyanna. Another option that I saw in the most recent Underworld movie is India Eisley. Both are young and talented actresses who look younger than their age and could easily pass for 14-16. Considering Lyanna was only thirteen during the Tourney at Harrenhal, I would hope they'd cast someone who appears that age.

India Eisley is perfect.

India Eisley is perfect.

She's gorgeous, but if Lyanna is truly Jon's mother. I would expect dark curly hair just like with Kit or very similiar. For the only show audience to make the connections. Since show is trying to simplify things. This could be good way to go.

As a fellow New Jerseyan, I find Dinklage's accent to be perfect in every way (I kid, I kid).

I was unaware if there is some rule or bias that actors in GoT must NOT be American, except for Dinklage, so I thought Ronan's parentage might help her. It was point 4, after all, the weakest point LOL

My cousin actually went to high school with Dinklage

• 2 weeks later...

If people really really need her to look like Jon Snow, there is Amy Manson.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=amy+manson&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4pqZVcjAIczrUq_Gm-gE&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

Honestly, she's one of the only ones people have suggested who looks like how I imagined Lyanna (before ever hearing about R+L=J). Just about every suggestion in this thread falls into two categories: they either look like models or they're overly 'cute', but very few strike me as a "wild beauty". I think Amy Manson fits that description. She really strikes me as Lyanna in these pictures: 

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1753334528/nm2240061?ref_=nmmd_md_pv

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2256651008/nm2240061?ref_=nmmd_md_pv

I've never seen anything she's in, so I have no idea what her acting's like.

I know this is all subjective, but I do have reasons for Saoirse Ronan, so here goes --

1. We know that Lyanna was physically strong, and that she rode, jousted, fought with swords, and in general, enjoyed the outdoors. Whoever ends up playing Lyanna will at some point have to square their body to the camera and we as viewers have to see this strong, healthy young woman.

2. Lyanna is described as beautiful, but with Stark beauty. In other words, equine face, grey eyes, and -- looks like Arya, who looks like Jon, who apparently looks like his mother! Actors can be made to look like anyone. Hair and eye color can easily be changed. Many of the brunette actresses mentioned in this thread are lovely, but they have a delicate beauty. Whoever plays Lyanna will need an open, direct face that is more than pretty. It will have to communicate character because we know that Lyanna would come to the rescue of a friend, and be successful at it (KotLT).

3. GoT has some excellent actors on it. Saoirse Ronan has done some terrific acting work and for examples, one could look to Atonement or Lovely Bones or even Hanna. So, she brings talent and experience.

4. Some folks have remarked on this board that the actress cannot be American. Do folks know that Peter Dinklage is from New Jersey??? LOL Anyway, Ronan has Irish parents so that could let her slip under the non-American requirements, if such requirements exist.

I do not know the actress, and I have zero financial interest in her career. However, when I think of Lyanna Stark, Ronan comes to my mind.

It's not a rule, but the actor or actress would really need to be almost uniquely qualified for the part to get around European VISA requirements, from what I understand.  Because of his size, Dinklage had much less competition for the role than most actors and actresses for roles like the other Lannisters and the Starks, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean the show cast Arthur Dayne, some guy got video of him doing swordtricks while fighting Ned and Howland, and we still don't know who he is, so I can totally understand them not letting out the name of Lyanna's actress.

There are ways to prevent stuff from leaking, FYI.  I'm sure there is plenty of things they do, but for example, that Dothraki guy leaked a page of his script in a social media photo, his name was actually printed across the script page as a watermark-style indicator, so no one has any doubt who's piece of paper the script came from lol.

Best example is this- back in the 90s, for one of the biggest Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes ever, The Battle of The Borg and Picard's abduction, they apparently made the storyline and printed scripts and told everyone that the entire concept and stuff was secret, no leaking things to media or the newly-created-internet-thing.  *** The famous battle was at Wolf THREE FIVE NINE, (Wolf 359) *** and every script had a different numerical title rather than 359.  The idea was, if The Battle of the Borg showed up on some Star Trek Prodigy forum or CompUServ place or even AmericaOnLine chat rooms, it would be easy to say ... OK, They're saying that the Enterprise will fight the Borg at Wolf 357 .... OH LOOK, Our records indicate *SAMSON* , main actor/bit part actor/extra actor/camera or mic boom operator/etc. was issued the script that had 357 as the Wolf # .... Well well Samson, you're fired and sued for breach of confidentially agreement etc.  or conversely, the script gets posted on a Trek website/BBS/etc. in its whole, they can search and see, "Wolf 123" .... Well, the script with 123 Wolf # was issued to the assistant director  , now we know he's the leaker! etc.

Archived