[TV Spoilers] Pycelle Actor?

We had a hint of this earlier - Pycelle's first whorehouse scene in season 1, where after she leaves he jumps up & does some exercises. The doddering old fool routine is an act put on by one of King's Landing's champion survivors.

I have to admit that I was like "Wait, is that the same guy?" right in the first scene in which he appeared, but there was no doubt after additional scenes.

I had the same impression, it wasn't just the posture; his face appeared fuller and he seemed younger. I'd have bet money it wasn't him. Pycelle in earlier episodes seemed stick-thin and ancient, in this episode he was just sort of old looking. I'm specifically thinking of the scene where he's sitting on the edge of his bed (in the whorehouse, or maybe in his own chamber) and going on about something or other - he was near emaciated. I remember thinking how the girl he was with might break him in half by accident ;)

I had the same impression, it wasn't just the posture; his face appeared fuller and he seemed younger. I'd have bet money it wasn't him. Pycelle in earlier episodes seemed stick-thin and ancient, in this episode he was just sort of old looking. I'm specifically thinking of the scene where he's sitting on the edge of his bed (in the whorehouse, or maybe in his own chamber) and going on about something or other - he was near emaciated. I remember thinking how the girl he was with might break him in half by accident ;)

It's because his schoolgirl crush Tywin is around. He's using the expensive make up now.

I think the real topic of conversation should be why he puts on the act of frailty?

I think the real question is why did he let down that facade. Tyrion may no longer be Hand, but he is still a Lannister, still a schemer and still can report that Pycelle isn't exactly as he seems.

I think the real question is why did he let down that facade. Tyrion may no longer be Hand, but he is still a Lannister, still a schemer and still can report that Pycelle isn't exactly as he seems.

Tyrion isn't going to remember anything that happened in the state he is in. Pycelle probably had him drugged up, and Tyrion is not on anyone's good side right now. Cersei is going to tell Tywin that Tyrion brought his whore (even if she didn't have the right one, Tywin won't care).

Archived