[Book Spoilers] R.I.P -- Lord Ramsay Snow -- Theon's Exit

It would have been perfect if they'd have added in this scene....

- The Ironborn take Theon to a helmed man on a horse and give him over. The man on the horse then tells his men to kill the ironborn and burn Winterfell.

It would have left the audience confused, but all would have made sense later on and it would have explained why Winterfell was burned.

Exactly!!!! that wouldnt have been so hard to do. And probably wouldnt have cost too much as well .......... I think.

My biggest worry is that we need a great actor to pull off Ramsay in a way that makes us hate him in the way Jack Gleeson makes us hate Joffrey. Yes, both characters are pricks, but there is a difference between stereotypical evil and a true loathsome character.

Nah, they'll make him Avengers-Loki level stupid, makes a few threats but never does anything, sort of dopey. Just look what

they did with Tywin making him into lovable old grandpa. HBO are afraid to make real antagonists, they clearly are just playing it safe, they have a big money maker on their hands and not going to take any risks. They are cowards. The show might as well be on FX now.

Nah, they'll make him Avengers-Loki level stupid, makes a few threats but never does anything, sort of dopey. Just look what

they did with Tywin making him into lovable old grandpa. HBO are afraid to make real antagonists, they clearly are just playing it safe, they have a big money maker on their hands and not going to take any risks. They are cowards. The show might as well be on FX now.

I reckon.

Friends of mine who only watch the show, can't believe that Joffrey isn't a hero.

I reckon.

Friends of mine who only watch the show, can't believe that Joffrey isn't a hero.

Then I don't believe they watch the show. Come on, Joffrey doesn't have one scene where he doesn't act like a cunt.

2) On the other hand, the very final moments of his last scene rang utterly false. I suppose we're to take it that Dagmer and Lorren and the others had already planned to sell out Theon. But their cheering him? That's a bit too much. What's he going to do if they stare stonily at him, waiting for him to shut up? That's for the audience, and doesn't feel real and organic. I found it jarringly false.

Don't really see what's so unfeasible about the scene, why would they stare stony faced - It's not like them have personal hatred towards him. If they cheer him he's lulled into a false sense of security, if they're all mean mugging him he's going to be more aware.

It's obvious to me which is better.

so much drama!

My prediction:

ramsay will be cast for season 3 and he will be a larger than life TV villain. He'll get more screen time than he gets book time and everyone will enjoy the shit out of watching him torture Theon. They aren't going to leave that story arc hanging.. we will see this very early in the next season as a new plot element.

non-readers are left with the mystery of which Northmen? why burn WF? and enough clues to put it together. Roose mentions his bastard in the 'previously on' segment. It's interesting that Robb is knowingly, in effect, handing Theon over to him.

Ramsay is just too good to be squeezed into the last two episodes. I guess they'll have to find some other way to incorporate 'Reek,' involving some tv-villain monologue.

I agree with this completely.

I really hope you're wrong abiut the whore scene with Ramsey, lol. Obviously i wouldnt put it past d&d. I certainly understand your viewpoint, i just disagree that we needed ti see Ramsay this season. And i loooove the boltons.

I was expecting that Bran would witness some ironborn on spikes while leaving Winterfell, but actually it would be a great way to start season 3 if Theon wakes up in some shady cell, with the faces of his crew in front of him and Ramsay around doing immediately some worse-than-joffrey stuff.

How did the ironborn know that:

1. They would be spared?

2. Theon was wanted alive?

It seems obvious that Theon didn't know any of this or he would have commented on it in his really rather inspired speech.

How did the ironborn know that:

1. They would be spared?

2. Theon was wanted alive?

It seems obvious that Theon didn't know any of this or he would have commented on it in his really rather inspired speech.

Probably while Theon was sulking in his room with Luwin, the Ironborn were being told by the soldiers outside.

Well considering they've cast Ramsay for next season I think we can finally drop the Dagmer=Ramsay stuff.

Amen. It was an absurd theory. Dags was a born and raised Iron Born person. So was the whole crew. In reality they were his Sister's men that she tossed him. This is as Ludicrous as folks who still believe that Eddard warged himself into the birds before he was beheaded by Ser Ilyn Payne. I know we love conspiracy theories but sometimes the facts are the facts.

I was expecting that Bran would witness some ironborn on spikes while leaving Winterfell, but actually it would be a great way to start season 3 if Theon wakes up in some shady cell, with the faces of his crew in front of him and Ramsay around doing immediately some worse-than-joffrey stuff.

photo-thumb-37977.jpg?_r=1338895673

:rofl:

Archived