[Book Spoilers] Ros/Varys business deal

teemo

Varys collects information and for that he needs informantnts. Littlefinger is a competitor. Roz seems no bright light, but she can be of service to both LF & Varys. Ser Wun Wun (nice name choice) is right, I believe Roz is headed to the Vale. It's easier to keep her than add a new character who can pass LG's secrets to Varys. The whole Vale story might need some tightening. But Varys needs some more screentime.

ummm LF's whole plot in ASOS is getting Sansa out of KL, he leaves KL shortly after the beginning the story.

Now it is established Varys will know all of LF's plans

THen how come Varys didnt know about Sansa's escape. Varys knowing where Sansa after leaving KL should change stuff.

I wonder if Dungeons & Dragons understand readers don't like their pet Ros? Thought she was fine in season 1, especially with that body, but now I'm sick of her. They are really running out of shit for her to do, as in the books all that's left are Shae and ... I think that's it.

Also I didn't care for the pointless crotch grab. Ros was apparently privy to LF's spycraft, and was his point whore for scouting. And yet she knew nothing about the obvious fat bald man that everyone calls the Spider/Eunuch. It's not like that's secret knowledge. Everyone in KL should be able to point him out. Plus that's LF's main rival.

Also I didn't care for the pointless crotch grab. Ros was apparently privy to LF's spycraft, and was his point whore for scouting. And yet she knew nothing about the obvious fat bald man that everyone calls the Spider/Eunuch. It's not like that's secret knowledge. Everyone in KL should be able to point him out. Plus that's LF's main rival.

It must be remembered that Varys does splendid cosplays that even Ned couldn't recognize him while staring at his face. If Varys was walking around KL, I doubt anyone would have even given him a second glance. He's that good.

I have a feeling he'll send her off to Dany alongside Barristan. She'll be the replacement goldfish for Doreah, and sex Dany up when the time comes for her... experimentation. Maybe.

Gods that may be the only thing to make me NOT want to see a lesbian sex scene with Dany. I was destroyed when all Dany's handmaids got killed off, because I figured we would lose those "few horny lonely nights", that Dany has in the books... But not this way, they can still make them happen by all means, but not that way, any way but that way.

I was really hoping/thinking that, that's why the show did not kill off Doreah in the Red Waste. I was like, "ok Roxanne McKee will be the one to have these hot lesbian scenes with Emilia Clarke, now we are talking!!!". Doreah/Roxanne McKee is way hotter than Irri/Amrita Acharia IMO, so I was very excited for this. But no, the show doesn't think Dany needs any hot handmaids, they thought it was better to give one a pointless death, and to make the other a dumb turncloak whore. D&D have so many folly's to answer for this season.... There was such potential with Dany and Doreah, such potential. Emilia Clarke and Roxanne McKee are arguably the two hottest girls on the show, and D&D had to go and make a mummers farce of it... That could have been one of the actual "good changes" D&D have done, gods know there are few enough of them, and they went and screwed it all to hell.

So they better not have made Doreah a turncloak of a whore, just so their precious Ros can become Dany's new handmaid/whore.

Ok my nerd rage is over...for now.

Wasn't Ros painting on a black eye when Varys came in? So the scene where she was presented by Cersei to Tyrion was, to an extent, a charade. She works for the Lannisters and LF... Might give her more to spill.

Wasn't Ros painting on a black eye when Varys came in? So the scene where she was presented by Cersei to Tyrion was, to an extent, a charade. She works for the Lannisters and LF... Might give her more to spill.

I am pretty sure she was covering up the black eye, not painting one on, presumably the one she got when Cersei had her.

Looking back, Ros betraying Littlefinger has been in the works all season. Littiefinger has been oddly cruel to her since she witnessed Barra's death. I don't know what it will amount to but does seem to have been well thought out...

I have a feeling he'll send her off to Dany alongside Barristan. She'll be the replacement goldfish for Doreah, and sex Dany up when the time comes for her... experimentation. Maybe.

Varys will send her off? That wouldn't really work - since it appears Varys plan is to have a spy close in to LFs leadership decisions. It does make sense to have Varys want to have spies in LF's people, but (and yes, the show is not the books and could be completely different) if LF follows what he did in the books...Ros isn't really a spy in LF but is in charge when he is gone. Does Varys want to expand his business opportunities?

They clearly have some other "filler" roles for Ros and the scene itself was fine. Personally I am hoping she dies in some gruesome way next season.

One small note btw. I really didn't care for the "crotch grab". First off, it was just too predictable. Second, it made Roz into an idiot to not be able to figure out who Varys is until she noticed he didn't have any junk. Finally and most importantly though in the books we never have any real evidence of Varys ACTUALLY being a eunich. Of course the assumption always has been that he is, including the detailed story he tells later of being "cut", but I have always liked the mystery of Varys as a mummer and wondering how far it goes.

Varys is one of the most interesting characters in both the books and show and he is so interesting because he is so mysterious. Personally I always hoped he actually wasn't a eunich because it would be such a mindblower. I personally think he has some type of Blackfyre connection but I'm not sure what it is. Mainly though I just didn't like how that mystery was just silenced for no other reason than a cheap gimmick in the show that actually only made Roz less interesting.

BTW, I think Roz stays in KL and runs all of LF's business there while he is in the Vale. That would allow for her to be an information source (having half the whores in KL working for her and communicating with LF) and lend some ability to fill in gaps. For instance I could see Varys talking to Roz about history and how things came to be as well since he will soon not really have anyone to talk to (no one on the Small Council trusts him or likes him and Tyrion is personna non grata). Of course he will have his "official" chats but once LF goes to the Vale then Varys needs someone to talk about what he really thinks.

I suppose it is also possible that LF sends her to the Vale with him to be Sansa's new handmaid/companion though but that would be awfully dull. One of the best parts of Sansa going with LF is she has no one she can trust except LF (which she doesn't really trust) and she becomes stronger through that adversity.

Though Ros' tits are pretty spectacular, I kind of grew tired of them as well, and thought she was getting way too much screentime. But I think they actually have a good reason for that.

There is sort of an unseen duel between Varys and Littlfinger the entire series, and much of that revolves around their competing networks of spies/informants/catspaws. While the "unseen" part of it works well in a book, I think it loses something when it is brought to the screen. Ros amounts to a symbol, an illustration, of that duel. It's a visual way of letting viewers know not to forget that apart from all the killings and open conflict, there is a bunch of unseen conflict hidden beneath the surface. Varys prying Ros away from Littlefinger's network makes that point very clear. If Ros goes to the Eyrie as well, then it will also be a way to show how Varys continues to be informed. Or, as was pointed out above, it may show how LIttlefinger's power base begins to slip when he goes to the Eyrie.

Anyway, that's how I see it. Like I said, until that scene, I was pretty sick of Ros. Now, she has a legitimate plot purpose that strengthens one of the more difficult aspects of trying to bring the novels to the screen.

They clearly have some other "filler" roles for Ros and the scene itself was fine. Personally I am hoping she dies in some gruesome way next season.

One small note btw. I really didn't care for the "crotch grab". First off, it was just too predictable. Second, it made Roz into an idiot to not be able to figure out who Varys is until she noticed he didn't have any junk. Finally and most importantly though in the books we never have any real evidence of Varys ACTUALLY being a eunich. Of course the assumption always has been that he is, including the detailed story he tells later of being "cut", but I have always liked the mystery of Varys as a mummer and wondering how far it goes.

Varys is one of the most interesting characters in both the books and show and he is so interesting because he is so mysterious. Personally I always hoped he actually wasn't a eunich because it would be such a mindblower. I personally think he has some type of Blackfyre connection but I'm not sure what it is. Mainly though I just didn't like how that mystery was just silenced for no other reason than a cheap gimmick in the show that actually only made Roz less interesting.

If Varys isn't a eunuch, he would probably keep his member tucked and taped down. I didn't like the crotch grab either but it's not likely he wouldn't prepare for such an intrusion...

They set up some kind of Littlefinger-Varys-duel for the next season (remember, Varys's face when Littlefinger is made Lord of Harrenhal). Since Littlefinger is going to the Vale in the near future (and Varys will go underground in the end of season 4), they'll have to give the audience some kind of resolution to this thing. I guess a good part of the invented KL scenes will deal with that story. The book itself gives us only the beginning of the Tyrell scheme, and Sansa's and Tyrion's wedding. Since it would be completely fuck things up for season 4 to put the Purple Wedding into season 3, I guess we get some additional schemes before the kings are murdered...

Archived