[Book Spoilers] Needle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Arya didn't pick up Needle when she fled Harrenhall.

I imagined that Jaqen would have given it to her during their meeting together with the coin, but I was wrong.

How do you think Arya will get Needle back? I think it's quite important for her plotline (as the thing that reminds her of being a Stark during the FM training).

I do really hope the writers have not forgotten about this and needle just pops up again in Arya's possessions next season.

But the Tickler is already dead now, Jaqen killed him. I do not even remember if we saw someone supposed to be Polliver, and nobody would remember him after two seasons. I think they will find a different way for Arya to get Needle back.

Or maybe Needle will not even make an appearance again, which would be bad.

Silver is correct. Doesn't she make do with another, heavy sword for a while or something? At one point considering taking up archery so she can be like one of the Brotherhood (forget his name)?

I always hoped Arya would try archery in the books, once she considered it. She can shoot in the show though, she showed it in the first episode of the first season.

I always hoped Arya would try archery in the books, once she considered it. She can shoot in the show though, she showed it in the first episode of the first season.

Correct. I remember rewatching season one after reading up past the book scene in question and thinking "Eh, that's not right, Arya doesn't know archery."

Then immediately thinking "oh crap, I've become one of those nitpicking readers." :D

I think Needle will end up in the possession of some random Lannister men. The Hound and Arya will probably end up taking them all out, although not in the inn.

N.B. Which reminds me, it's a shame that they didn't make more of an effort to make that inn a memorable place in the show.This one little place where so many important characters (Tywin, Cat, Arya, The Hound, Tyrion, Brienne) converge at different points of the book, "crossing roads" on each of their own stories.

Correct. I remember rewatching season one after reading up past the book scene in question and thinking "Eh, that's not right, Arya doesn't know archery."

Then immediately thinking "oh crap, I've become one of those nitpicking readers." :D

I think Needle will end up in the possession of some random Lannister men. The Hound and Arya will probably end up taking them all out, although not in the inn.

N.B. Which reminds me, it's a shame that they didn't make more of an effort to make that inn a memorable place in the show.This one little place where so many important characters (Tywin, Cat, Arya, The Hound, Tyrion, Brienne) converge at different points of the book, "crossing roads" on each of their own stories.

There is nothing wrong with being a nitpicker reader, shows you have a good memory. :D

This is probably how it will happen. Tickler and Polliver or whoever it was were not that important for the overall story anyway, Arya already made her revenge on Tickler now and it could still develop much as it did it the books, only with some random soldiers.

The inn in the books was where many important things happened, but I think that is one of the things that is reasonable to expect that will not make it into the show. They do not have that much time to explain which inn exactly it is.

I hope that Polliver replaces the Tickler for the tavren scene. I like Arya's plot in the show, but I loved the book one more, seeing her become desensitive to killing is really a big part of her character IMO.

Polliver was already in the original tavern scene, and he had Needle in his belt. He's not replacing anyone.

The Tickler could very well be replaced at the tavern by his assistant (the taller guy with the beard). If so, there's really not net deviation from the books.

I hope that Polliver replaces the Tickler for the tavren scene. I like Arya's plot in the show, but I loved the book one more, seeing her become desensitive to killing is really a big part of her character IMO.

I think that this is what is happening. Poliver was cast this season, and he very much was shown taking Needle, and there was a couple of shots later with him carrying the sword

The Tickler could very well be replaced at the tavern by his assistant (the taller guy with the beard). If so, there's really not net deviation from the books.

I hate to break it to you but I think that was Gregor Clegane...

Edit: Oh wait, just rewatched it, yeah the guy who puts the rats in the buckets had a beard. Thought you meant the chap who picks the torture victims.

Polliver was already in the original tavern scene, and he had Needle in his belt. He's not replacing anyone.

I meant that Polliver can be the one Arya stabs multiple times. Of course its not as good a scene without "Is there gold in the village!"

Arya did not get needle back till she killed poliver at the inn with the hound.

It's true it's Polliver who had Needle, and he is still alive, tho did not see after Tywin arrived.

He's available for the Tavern Fight.

By the end of ADwD she still has Needle, which she is not supposed to have .

I find it hard for the FM not to know this ... yet the training goes on...

My guess is she will not be admitted to the order, but will become a 'rogue' FM...

Which is , I think, their plan.

Why? Hell if I know.

I meant that Polliver can be the one Arya stabs multiple times. Of course its not as good a scene without "Is there gold in the village!"

I hope they don't take that out. Arya's stabbing frenzy is a turning point in her life - the completion of her desensitization to murder.

Archived