Poll: Do you like Theon?

LawHawk

I'm new here. I'm curious what people think of one of my favorite characters, Theon. I was on the fence about him after AFfC, but after (1) reading in ADwD the horror that he was put through by Ramsay, and (2) seeing the AMAZEBALLS job the show folks did with Theon (writers and Alfie Allen), I have decided I really like him and hope good things happen to him.

So, what do you think of Theon? Love him? Hate him?

I liked him even at the end of A Clash of Kings. He, Jaime, and the Hound all might as well be written specifically for me, they are so exactly what I want in a character. They also serve as good counterpoints to each other - sort of interesting variations on a theme, in my opinion.

I hated his character throughout the series, BUT I thought his chapters were hands down the best in ADWD. While I may not like him as a "person," I now feel pity for his character and love reading about what he's going through.

I hated his character throughout the series, BUT I thought his chapters were hands down the best in ADWD. While I may not like him as a "person," I now feel pity for his character and love reading about what he's going through.

This. I love Theon on the show--Alfie Allen has done a great job at making him a sympathetic character--but in the books it's not so simple. His early POV chapters were kind of damning, but I felt sorry for/was fascinated by his arc in ADWD. He's not my favorite person, but he is one of my favorites to read about.

I really liked watching him this season. He is a well written character. However, I don't actually like him. I think he is very weak psychologically and has been throughout the series. I wish he would do some major self-reflection and then grow a backbone.

Archived