Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

This could mean either that the person Jon is fighting is actually his parent, or that Jon has a secret twin. Jon is fighting the Great Other, but I don't think they're related. He was fighting Mance Rayder for a while, though. Doesn't sound very plausible to me, but Mance did like to snoop around south of the wall under the guise of a singer. It's possible, I suppose. He died before Jon was born, but Aerys II is another candidate.

Can anyone think of any people Jon's age who could be his twin?

Wow, just saw this thread. Regarding the War of Roses and incest inbreeding part, I think Aerys forbade Rhaegar to marry anyone that did not have some Targaryen (or Valyrian) blood in them. And I think somewhere the Martells intermarried with the Targaryens, thats why Rhaegar was made to marry Elia.

(I also feel Elia could be Rhaegar's half-sister but that is my crackpot theory).

And I also think Targaryens never married Starks - there must be some bloodline thing involved there.

Rhaegar still wen against his Father and married Lyanna and had (a) child with her.

As for the Luke Skywalker part, all I can think is

- Luke being the 'chosen one' who would restore the balance in the force - Jon Snow could be the chosen one "Prince that was Promised"

which also makes sense cause Aerys thought Rhaegar was the "Prince that was Promised" just like the Jedis thought that Anakin was 'The One'.

- Jon Snow was born out of forbidden love of Rhaegar &Lyanna like Luke was born out of Padme & Anakin's forbidden love. He was a Jedi and could not marry.

- And lastly, it could also mean that Jon Snow has maybe one or more siblings. (Dragon having three heads part)

My crackpot is that Elia, Oberyn, Jaime, Tyrion & Cersei (or atleast a few of them) are all children of Aerys. Since Aerys was the King and had Targaryen blood, I think for ladies of high order it would be something of high honor to bear a child with the Kings blood or Targaryen blood. (Why are only Targs dragon tamers? Or should I add 'fire' dragons). Have you heard of Genghis Khan and how many kids he has fathered? There is something about Kings fathering many offspring.

I don't know why we're not questioning the truth of this matter. Wouldn't Allen have had to sign an NDA? And would GRRM really have told this guy that R+L=J?

As far as I know we have seen no other evidence that being on the show gets you perks like this. IMHO, this guy is talking out of his ass.

I don't know why we're not questioning the truth of this matter. Wouldn't Allen have had to sign an NDA? And would GRRM really have told this guy that R+L=J?

As far as I know we have seen no other evidence that being on the show gets you perks like this. IMHO, this guy is talking out of his ass.

It had been questioned upthread. But there is not a single reason believe Allen had made it up. In fact, it seems he let to slip a lot more than he had meant to.

I think Ser Hippie hit the nail on the head - hiding babies and their true parentage for the safety of the child. Then again, Luke was a twin - could there be another? That would be pretty cool. I'm not suggesting it's the case, but might be cool. And it could be a brother or a sister. Either way, it would be interesting. That makes me wonder, "How old is Aegon"? Is Aegon the 2nd child of Rhaegar and Elia, or is "Aegon" really Jon's brother with Lyanna and Rhaegar? Does the timeline hold up?

On another note, I haven't read much about Alfie Allen. I *think* he plays Theon. I don't want to infer things that he knows, but maybe doesn't know enough to not equate Darth Vader with Rhaegar.

Just a thought, though.

Has his twin been hidden with Howland Reed all these years?

Archived