43 replies to this topic

#1 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

As you may have noticed, we recently got started adding more family trees. We thought we'd offer players the opportunity to weigh in on which houses we should do family trees for. We have some houses we've discussed already (Ashford, Banefort, Bracken, Brax, Fell, Fossoway, Redfort, Royce of Runestone, Staunton, Swann, Tarly), but we could probably switch out a few and add a few.

Some caveats first, however.

We're not adding more houses from the North or the Iron Isles.

Dornish houses will be added, but we can't say which we can manage. It is hugely complex to make realistic family trees with so few houses available, they all end up cousins or closer!

Some suggestions we may have to pass on because of details we have from GRRM that we cannot reveal yet and some we may pass on because we know too little about where the house is located, their relative importance, etc.

But, if you have some you'd like to see, don't hesitate to make the suggestion and we'll see what we can do. If you really like the idea of one of the houses we've already considered, please make sure to say so too.

If you are suggesting a house/liking one of our suggestions because you have an interest in playing a character from said house, you may also add one suggestion for a character in said house. By that we mean saying things like. "I'd like to see a 22-year-old knight who is a second son and who is unmarried." Just the basic familial situation. We can't guarantee anything, but we can try to work such things in. No names, please.

#2 Ser Flowers

Ser Flowers

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I personally like the idea of the Fossoways, they are one of my favorite houses. Other than that the only one I would like would be Tarth, but I believe you said that would need some stuff cleared up first by GRRM, so I understand.

#3 Riverrun

Riverrun

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

It would be pretty fun to see the Tarbeck's of Tarbeck hall around, particularly because of their sigil and fate

I'm glad to see Royce added! Love that house.. would gladly holiday away from Urston for a while in summer for that.

Purely for amusement value, would be nice to see House Tollett around.

---

I also recommend you make one 'Lady [House here]' or 'The heir to ____' unmarried, so that someone can have the RP hook of being a heavily desired match in a house with a 'clean slate'. Most of the houses there already have the cool chars outlined with not a lot of breathing room due to previous players' decisions, or having their minds made. Heck, a 20-something unmarried lord would fill that gap nicely!

Er, thats more than one char suggestion I suppose, but it's really just the one premise I suggested multiple routes for, so I'll chance it

Edited by Riverrun, 07 June 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#4 Rook

Rook

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Though I can't play another character (I already have one in each location), I would like to suggest the Redwynes as an interesting political force in KL. I know their base of power is far away from court, but their naval power (and money) make them a house to be reckoned with at court.

#5 Andred

Andred

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I know very little about when this House arises, so it may not fit into the time peroid. But, the Arryns of Gulltown would be a very interesting paradox of a House to explore. They hold a very old name and are said to be richer than most of their Arryn cousins, but are black sheep due to a decision to marry merchants and a reputation for being "uncouth".

Exploring other cadet branches of houses could also be interesting like the Lannisters of Lannisport.

On a completely unrelated note, seeing the Royces in play would be cool. They are one of my favorite houses and an influential house in the Vale to boot. Before I knew of their non-existence, they were one of my top choices for possible Houses to pick at PC from.

Edited by Andred, 07 June 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#6 Luthor Rivers

Luthor Rivers

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'll second Riverrun's vote for the Tarbeks. Though purely for selfish reasons as L's grandmother was a Tarbek and I'd be interesting to see that house in play.

#7 Seashell_Knight

Seashell_Knight

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

I would really like to see the Royces played. As Andred said, they were one of my first choices before I was aware that they did not have a family tree; I would also like to suggest giving them a large family tree, or possibly expanding the Blackwood family tree so that players who want to play a character who worships the Old Gods may have the opportunity.

I also recommend the Fossoways, Tarbecks, and Lannisters of Lannisport. I am huge fan of the Hedge Knight and extant houses--and you can never have enough Lannisters.

I would like to see an 18-25 year old knight, from house Royce, who is the second son, or heir, and unmarried.

I would also like to request an 18-25 year old Royce, the daughter of the Lord of Runestone, who is unmarried.

Edited by Seashell_Knight, 17 November 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#8 The Dark Griffin

The Dark Griffin

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Fossoway, Mullendore, Redwyne, Rowan, Tarly. Most of the Reach houses are pretty minor, and it would be most interesting to see some of the more powerful ones in play; particularly the Redwynes.

#9 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

A couple of initial comments:

Redwyne -- probably prevented by some details we can't reveal yet
Cadet branches -- prevented by a lack of house arms

#10 Vargos

Vargos

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

A Redwyne-character in the embassy for Dorne would be nice though. as they're close to Dorne as well. For example Dorne rebuilding its fleet would be a thorn in their eyes. On the other hand their wine-trade towards the Stormlands and further up King's Landing would need a safe eastern sea as well. ( historicaly most trade, certaintly wine, was done over water)

As for house suggestions:

House Merryweather of Longtable ( rich Reachhouse. Time the Reynes get some competition /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />)

#11 OctopusArms

OctopusArms

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'll add a vote for the Brackens and an expansion of the Blackwood tree.

#12 Ser Flowers

Ser Flowers

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

I would also add to my list. I think House Brune would be an interesting house to add to the game.

#13 7V3N

7V3N

Balancing Act

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I don't know if you guys have it, but Houses Selmy, Blackwood, and Osgrey.

#14 Askatla

Askatla

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

I don't know if you guys have it, but Houses Selmy, Blackwood, and Osgrey.

We have Selmy and Blackwood, and can probably expand them. Osgrey we haven't got but one.

#15 Ser Dermett Corbray

Ser Dermett Corbray

Neon Knight

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm interested in joining this and I bet you can guess which house I'd like to have my first character appear in /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#16 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Unfortunately we can't promise that a particular house will be done anytime soon, we have a very large backlog of jobs, so it will take a while to complete the family trees. We're not aiming for before the end of the summer. :)

#17 7V3N

7V3N

Balancing Act

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Are you guys creating Houses, since you could make explanations for why they disappeared? Or just adding some that already exist in the fantasy?

#18 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

No, we only use canon houses, so by create we mean create family trees for them. :)

#19 Ser Dermett Corbray

Ser Dermett Corbray

Neon Knight

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

There's so many characters to choose from though, hardly short of houses. Perhaps I could be an Ashford way off in the future when you have that house created. Right now I'm thinking a Hightower, a Beesbury or a Corbray might be the way to go /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#20 Seashell_Knight

Seashell_Knight

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

So, I just finished Reading The Mystery Knight, for like the third time, and I would like to add House Lothston to this list. I imagine they would be up there with the Hightowers and Reynes in terms of wealth and prestige.

And House Mormont.

It might be interesting to have a tier-II or tier-III female Lothston, or Mormont, who defies some of the feminine conventions, e.g. wears armor and leads men into battle, like Danelle or Dacey. I really believe there should be more than one gender role defying woman at court in King's Landing: someone other than Daena.

Edited by Seashell_Knight, 02 July 2012 - 09:18 AM.