Prometheus [SPOILERS]

Harrad

Also, the space jockey didn't turn into a nutcase because of an alien parasite, but because he was on a mission to wipe out the human race and wasn't too keen when a whole bunch of them woke him up. Especially: "Who's woken me up? Young Magneto, Lysa Arryn and Mike from Neighbours in an old man suit? No! A thousand times no!"

Holy crap, I did not realize that was Lysa Arryn, despite the fact that I knew she looked familiar somehow.

Harad,

So which is worse...this movie or the way GoT handled the white walkers? It seems like investing so much time into things that are essentially temporary diversions, is unlikely to solve any of the world's ills.

Ser Scot,

I'm assuming they think David is repairable. But, considering they are on an alien ship with no familiar tools or equipment, I'm not sure how they will do it.

Same programming as the android in Alien?

The android in Alien was ordered to let the crew get infected and return them to the Company for research purposes. I thought that David might have been ordered to do that, since he was planning to have Rapace put in hibernation for transport back to Earth . . . but after Rapace gets free and cuts it out, nobody seems to give a shit anymore, least of all Vickers, Weyland, or David. It ended up just being a stupid plot device so that the Vagina Tentacle Monster could face-sex the Engineer, letting Rapace get away and giving rise to the Alien Queen (on the wrong planet, which I suspect will just be retconned).

It either a brain parasite or the alien's name is Blue Jesus Christ and hes pissed at what the Romans did to his bro.

It will probably be some lame garbage like "those humans are Unworthy. Let's go wipe them out with black goo."

Earlier in the movie, the T-Rex isn't able to take a step without making the ground tremble, but in this scene he sneaks up on the raptors and the humans undetected using the limitless powers of dramatic tension â„¢. Also, they're inside a building at the time.

I think the rest of the scene works well, and it was a cool image. In any case, it's not nearly as stupid as the World's Most Stupidly Designed Zoo (aka Jurassic Park).

First of all I liked the movie, despite plot weaknesses. It was intense and visually spectacular. The scene where Shaw performs surgery on herself was pretty powerful.

Now just to clarify things, in relation to how this movie ties in with Alien and its xenomorphs. David, whether by following orders, or because of his own desires, inadvertently is the cause of the creation of those xenomorphs, by infecting Holloway with that genetic material. Am I right?

David, whether by following orders, or because of his own desires, inadvertently is the cause of the creation of those xenomorphs, by infecting Holloway with that genetic material. Am I right?

You are distinguishing the "aliens" from all the other parasitic destroyers shown in the movie. Holloway was burned to a crisp. He passed on to Shaw (supposedly) the squid parasite impregnatoid. What line of decendent are you referring to?

You are distinguishing the "aliens" from all the other parasitic destroyers shown in the movie. Holloway was burned to a crisp. He passed on to Shaw (supposedly) the squid parasite impregnatoid. What line of decendent are you referring to?

Exactly the one you said: Holloway gets infected - passes it on to Shaw who gives birth to what looks like a face hugger, which for some reason turns gigantic - hugger attacks Space Jockey and impregnates him - a creature looking similar to the Alien xenomorph bursts out of his chest

I wonder if this creature lays the eggs, or is there another step before that?

Exactly the one you said: Holloway gets infected - passes it on to Shaw who gives birth to what looks like a face hugger, which for some reason turns gigantic - hugger attacks Space Jockey and impregnates him - a creature looking similar to the Alien xenomorph bursts out of his chest

I wonder if this creature lays the eggs, or is there another step before that?

The giant squid impregnatoid was not so much a face hugger as a tentacle-into-mouth stuffer...That was the same modality as the penusoid-vaginal water creatures in the cave-seems to be the rage in Prometheus. Thats pretty quick mutations, if each generation is a completely different life form. By the time of "Alien" the mutation express train slows down. Also isnt the Blueman on the "Alien" planet also killed by an alien. I fear making logical sense of this universe is a losing proposition.

If only the zombie geologist and Charlie could have been made into tentacle facefuckers, I'd feel better. If that's the case then the black goo is simple: it turns the infected creature into a facehugger analogue. Anything the goo gets into impregnates via facefucking. And the end result is some kind of alien like thing, which depends on the original facehugger bit.

That would have made sense. It would have also been awesome to see the human try and shoot some kind of tentacle down someones throat. But it can't be that easy. It made worms into facefuckers, a fetus into a giant facefucker, but humans into zombies and bluemen into exploded head guys.

One gross thought is that it made holloways sperm into facefuckers and she simply had one or two living inside her.

So in future films it will be revealed that Jesus was an Engineer <headdesk>

They've already revealed that this was in the oriiginal script but was cut.

Lemme try and find the interview. It was linked through IMDB.

You guys know this isnt a direct prequel to Alien right? Ridley Scotts only been telling people that for a year.

The differnt planet thing isnt an error. It's not a fucking prequel. It's a differnt planet and a differnt space jockey. If you look at the map at the beginning it's in the same system as lv 426. I'm ok with people not liking a movie, but do a little research, you'll sound less like retards.

Edit: Ahem. Pardon. I'm sick of people asking how the end connects directly to alien, when it was stated for like two years that it wouldn't.

I wonder if Bakker will have bluemen now.

Wow, tell us how you really feel, Magneto.

Regardless of whether it was a prequel/sequel/retooling/reimagining/whatever, it just simply wasn't that great a movie. Now, perhaps we as fans were expecting too much because the original Alien was a truly unique and original film and Ridley Scott was back at the helm. You can fault us for that, but what we have here is pretty much A&E's Ancient Aliens on steroids, with not an original concept to be found.

Ok that's it, let's haz us a deadly interwebz fight!

What's amazing is how offended you're getting over negative reviews of this film. Nobody is insulting you, and I even liked this movie, I just thought it had a lot more potential. It was an okay film, but it could have been great.

What I take umbrage with is this

Regardless of whether it was a prequel/sequel/retooling/reimagining/whatever, it just simply wasn't that great a movie.

That's an OPINION. You're welcome to your own opinion, but I don't like being told, well that movie you liked sucked, sorry, it's a fact.

also, heres that interview

http://www.movies.co...-interview/8232

Yeah, OK. I apologize for being a dick. KB can tell you, I'm good at that.

The thing is, I've had several people ask me how come Ripley wasn't in it today, and the stupidity and lack of just basic comprehension of people is getting to me, do I had a kneejerk ass reaction to some of the posts.

Edit: Why dont people run to the SIDE when giant narrow things are falling on them?

Yeah, OK. I apologize for being a dick. KB can tell you, I'm good at that.

The thing is, I've had several people ask me how come Ripley wasn't in it today, and the stupidity and lack of just basic comprehension of people is getting to me, do I had a kneejerk ass reaction to some of the posts.

Edit: Why dont people run to the SIDE when giant narrow things are falling on them?

I assumed the giant width of the thing made running to the side an even less appealing idea than running the length of it?

You guys know this isnt a direct prequel to Alien right? Ridley Scotts only been telling people that for a year.

Yeah its not a direct prequel. Its a complete coincidence that the bluemen ship looks the same as the one in Alien, the planetary system is related, if not the same. The time frame is directly before Alien. The commander of the ship looks the same. And just to add to the non-relation, the last nasty looks awfully like an alien. What fools the people who try to relate them are.

I don't think you know what direct prequel means.

I dont think you know what i know what direct prequel means. As I said its not a direct prequel. All it has are many overlapping things that relate them. A direct prequel could mean:

*** the action from the end of one goes directly into the action of the next...FOTR into TTT for example***

Anything else would not be direct prequel, but might be a delayed prequel, or an indirect prequel, or a direct non-prequel, or a related story from an earlier time, and on and on. And as was stated before, that has nothing to do with the opinion that its bad cinema, by Leonard Plinth Garnell.

Archived