Favorite/Least favorite major house of Westeros and why

StannisBamfatheon

Favourite: Baratheon by far. Then Bolton, Tyrell and Stark. I even liked some Targaryens too (Daemon was a boss. Baelor Breakspear was awesome too)

Least favourite: Most Houses are interesting. If I had to choose it would be Martells I think.

Let's not forget how Balon had Euron banished for raping Vic's wife, or how Aeron feels guilty that he's responsible for Urri's death, or how the only time Asha ever comes close to crying is when she sees what Ramsay did to Theon.

Also just realized that post dates back to June 2012 but whatever.

The same Victarion who beat his pregnant wife dead :dunno:

And I don't think anybody deserves any credit for coming close to tears when presented with a human wreck Ramsay created.

Yesss, I even argue for one and a half year old posts :commie: :lol:

Favorite:

Stark- Can't help but love them. I will agree that the honor thing sometimes handicaps them, but they all seem to be goodhearted people. Yes, even Arya.

Martell- as someone else put it, "women's rights and spicy food."

As for minor houses, the Manderlys and the Mormonts (save Jorah) are pretty awesome too.

Least Favorite:

Greyjoy- Hate them all except Asha. If Theon gets a redemption arc I'd probably like him too.

Favorite: That's a tough one, because taken literally, my favorite house is Greyjoy, but I feel like house and culture are being squashed into one here. Lots of people are talking about how awful the greyjoys are, when I think they mean a more generalized ironborn culture. I love most of the members of the Greyjoy family (reader included via alannys), but heavily disapprove of the old way. It just happens that the coolest characters happen to come from that line.

Least: Eh, probably Arryn. They're just so boring; they never do anything. Martell is a close second, but it makes more sense from a thematic perspective for them to be less involved. I know, LF and his power over Lysa is why the east stayed out of the Wot5K, but man, NOTHING else happened of note in 299?

(Most meh/unpopular opinion: Stark. Generally good people, just very bleh to read about, especially on the reread.)

Favorite house: Stark, easily. I love the POV Stark kids, Ned's generation, their history (I want to read the She-Wolves of Winterfell, damn it GRRM!) ... everything. That seems like the obvious choice, but whatever, they're awesome.

Least favorite: Greyjoy. Ugh. I love Theon and Asha but I hate the house. ETA - Oh and House Frey as well. Dunk should've thrown Walder Frey in the well when he had the chance.

• 9 months later...

Favorites

House Stark - Because most of the member of it are wargs. i love house stark because of sansa, arya, bran, jon, and ned. and its one of its members is considered Honorable throughout the seven kingdoms mainly in the north because they helped a lot of houses... I love their historical background for a house that has been standing for a thousands of years and contributed a lot throughout history.

House Targaryen - They have an interesting historical background as well. bec. they were the last descendants of a once great civilization. and they were the longest ruling house in Westeros. and they have dragons.

House Baratheon - They are a strong willed house. stannis is awesome bec. he is a mannis. renly is awesome as well because during The War of the Five Kings he was willing-full to ally with robb stark. and he has great charisma. and i love Robert for being a drunken fool because his jokes are funny. and he was bad ass during his rebellion.

House Tully - They look after their family. like in their words: "Family, Duty, Honour" plus i love blackfish.

House Martell - This house had great military tactics like the "Hit and run tactic" and they have scorpion ballistas. and they were the only ones that defended their territory against aegon during his war of conquest. plus i love the prince oberyn the red viper.

House Lannister - I used to love them because they have the largest military in the 7 kingdoms and they are rich. but cersei's poor ruling made their house bad and she hates tyrion a lot. i guess she is just sad about what happened to her mother for which he entirely blames tyrion for her death. and bec of his incestous affair with his brother jaimie. jaimie is not that bad. after his confession with brienne in the bath tub and he is seriously misunderstood character. tywin.. he prove himself to be a great leader especially during the war of the five kings by stabalizing King's Landing and he love his house but more more more his children. tyrion is one of my fav characters bec he is intelligent unlike cersei. and kevan looks innocent to me. well lancel? he is only good at serving wine for robert haha!

Least Favorites

House Greyjoy - they are treacherous whores like roose bolton said. Balon Greyjoy made the house image look bad and bec of theon. he only want his father to be proud to proved that he is still an ironborn.

House Bolton - They are treacherous whores as well which is ironic.

Fav: Stark and Reed (really want to know more about them, and I think that once I do I very well might)

Least favorite: wait for it.....Tyrell. I just don't get the love the for the Tyrells. They seem to really like personality for me so far. I guess this because they seem to have so little connection to magic or interact very much with the biggest POVs until much later. They just don't seem....very filled out.

Favorite: I dunno. Most of them seem pretty interesting.

Least favorite: Tyrells, mostly because they're so overpowered and untouchable. I don't buy for a minute that Euron, Aegon, and Doran can pose any threat to them even when attacking at the same time, so either they'll stay untouchable, Euron will whip out some magic, or there's going to be a lot of PIS in the last two books.

Favorite:

Tully: The Blackfish is a total jerk, but in a way that makes him seem awesome. From what we've seen, Hoster was pretty good at the game of thrones. And Edmure...Edmure is the Tully words.

Least Favorite:

Greyjoy: The epitome of a terrible culture, and an awfully dysfunctional family to boot.

I buy the thread face-value:

Most favourite: Lannister. The most interesting one. Honorable mention for the dornish.

Least favourite: Greyjoy. I struggled to say "Stark" but it is simply not true, I love the Starks. And I cannot suffer the Greyjoy, they are booooooring.

Archived